Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #32,328 of 35,472
On the TFZ Series 5, check the nozzles to see if they are properly vented. I saw a post where the nozzles had some sealed holes which mucked up the sound.

The Series 1 is great with its bass, so I'd believe the 5 would be even more refined.

Anyway if that vented hole too small and uneven just remove that layer captured

Should be not an issue

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #32,331 of 35,472

You could look at second options in the buy/sell sections or on your local reddit for a budget that low. 

With such a budget, i would think of Qcy options or Mpow options. you can find them on gearbest. (p.s im not affiliated in any way)

I bought the MeeAudio X7's recently for about 50 on the buy/sell section and im pretty happy with it! Look around for a bit more!

Thanks for the response. What models should I look out for?
I see the QCY QY19 is on sale now for $16,99, but could not find reviews of that model on Head-Fi.
Also, the MPOW Magneto is available for $34,99, but I have no clue about these headphones.

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #32,332 of 35,472

boomsound was one of the main reasons i bought this phone. i dont use the dolby setting since it colors the sound too much, but i do use the personal audio profiles w/ the L/R freq test on every earphone i use.

The software EQ'ing of BoomSound is exactly what's making the 5 sound muddy and crummy. That's fine if you don't like it, but you can't blame the headphones for unpleasant sound caused by an app on your phone. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #32,334 of 35,472
the problem is not the connection with the android, the problem is that the left and right are reversed , is there any program window to correct it?

You said it works properly on your computer, correct? That would suggest that the problem is either the connection or the android device, including the app you use to play music. Try a different app and a different cable/connector.

Aug 4, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #32,335 of 35,472

The software EQ'ing of BoomSound is exactly what's making the 5 sound muddy and crummy. That's fine if you don't like it, but you can't blame the headphones for unpleasant sound caused by an app on your phone. 

its okay buddy i used to think EQ was taboo too, until i tried Sonarworks on my hd600/t1/k712, now im a believer. like i said, for me, boomsound EQ was the main allure of htc 10. the L/R dynamic profiles make all my earphones sound better. i dont like the tfz series 5 you're right, but maybe i was just expecting too much from a low-end iem. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #32,336 of 35,472

its okay buddy i used to think EQ was taboo too, until i tried Sonarworks on my hd600/t1/k712, now im a believer. like i said, for me, boomsound EQ was the main allure of htc 10. the L/R dynamic profiles make all my earphones sound better. i dont like the tfz series 5 you're right, but maybe i was just expecting too much from a low-end iem. 

I didn't say EQ was bad. I said you can't judge a headphone as being muddy/bloated whatever if you're listening to it through HTC's BoomSound crap. You might as well plug them into an HP laptop with Beats enabled. 

"Guys I have my headphones plugged into my computer with Dolby 5.1 simulated and all the room effects going with the theatre preset on why do they sound so bad OMG these headphones are garbage!"

rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #32,337 of 35,472

You could look at second options in the buy/sell sections or on your local reddit for a budget that low. 

With such a budget, i would think of Qcy options or Mpow options. you can find them on gearbest. (p.s im not affiliated in any way)

I bought the MeeAudio X7's recently for about 50 on the buy/sell section and im pretty happy with it! Look around for a bit more!

Thanks for the response. What models should I look out for?
I see the QCY QY19 is on sale now for $16,99, but could not find reviews of that model on Head-Fi.
Also, the MPOW Magneto is available for $34,99, but I have no clue about these headphones.

about QY19 and Magneto.  (my two headsets are free samples from Japanese Amazon shops) 
Magneto is slightly v-shaped with treble enhanced whereas QY19 is slightly v-shaped or balance with slightly bass enhanced.  IMHO: QY19 is a little superior league to Magneto. 
I get a QY19 recently. this headset is  better to sound holographic image than other headset on the same price ones. 
QCY has fake products but it might be no problem to buy one from reliable shops.

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #32,338 of 35,472
 On the TFZ Series 5, check the nozzles to see if they are properly vented. I saw a post where the nozzles had some sealed holes which mucked up the sound.

Yeah those were mine. After opening up the holes they sounded just fine.

My TFZ 5 are on the right in that photo. No need to completely remove the metal filters, just get a fine needle and poke the dents where there should be holes.

Also, if the bass is still too much, i recommend the "Seppuku" mod. Very gently insert a fine needle into the vent just above the nozzle 2-3mm. You'll feel a membrane give way. Stop at that point. That should tame the bass nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back