Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #32,311 of 35,472
What IEM is recommended if I am searching for a bluetooth 4.0 wireless IEM with a budget of $20-40?
Was thinking about the Brainwavz Blu-100, but got intrigued by the foldable Vodool Bluetooth 4.0 wireless IEM which has retractable cables.

You could look at second options in the buy/sell sections or on your local reddit for a budget that low. 

With such a budget, i would think of Qcy options or Mpow options. you can find them on gearbest. (p.s im not affiliated in any way)

I bought the MeeAudio X7's recently for about 50 on the buy/sell section and im pretty happy with it! Look around for a bit more!

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #32,315 of 35,472
  Nice...is there a difference between the black and silver cables sound wise? I heard the silver one is actually of higher quality.
They do look larger than average iem's do u happen to have Xiaomi's next to it?

Same question here.. Curious about the difference between black, blue, and silver..
Judging from the additional price perhaps the black and blue are the basic options compared to the higher quality silver ones..

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #32,317 of 35,472
  Thanks for the info.  I'd still like the link if you have it.  $5 is one less starbucks for the week.

I hope you understand @MuZo2 being sarcastic there 
tongue_smile.gif

(5 US$ IEMs beating HD800 should've given you the hint 
tongue.gif
 )

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #32,322 of 35,472
quick 2 cents on the TFZ series 5 after listening ~1 week. i appreciate warm signatures but id say this sound is too warm/dark for me. granted, using htc10 amplifies this since boomsound is warm too, so maybe better paired w/ a brighter dap. it was fun to listen to initially but the cons became a bit glaring after a few days. i feel the resolution/separation is subpar, top end quite recessed/lacks sparkle, soundstage non existent, midbass too aggressive, solid sub bass but a bit sloppy/bleeds into other freqs, mediocre cable at best, not super comfortable but bearable. the iems i compared w/ is vsonic gr07 classic and pinnacle p1, both of which i think are better in most SQ categories. i really like the series 5 aesthetic tho, very cool brushed metal CIEM look. and i do think the $60 massdrop is a reasonable bang for buck value, but i will likely return mine. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #32,323 of 35,472
  quick 2 cents on the TFZ series 5 after listening ~1 week. i appreciate warm signatures but id say this sound is too warm/dark for me. granted, using htc10 amplifies this since boomsound is warm too, so maybe better paired w/ a brighter dap. it was fun to listen to initially but the cons became a bit glaring after a few days. i feel the resolution/separation is subpar, top end quite recessed/lacks sparkle, soundstage non existent, midbass too aggressive, solid sub bass but a bit sloppy/bleeds into other freqs, mediocre cable at best, not super comfortable but bearable. the iems i compared w/ is vsonic gr07 classic and pinnacle p1, both of which i think are better in most SQ categories. i really like the series 5 aesthetic tho, very cool brushed metal CIEM look. and i do think the $60 massdrop is a reasonable bang for buck value, but i will likely return mine. 

...turn off BoomSound? I have a 10 myself and I immediately turned that off. That thing does a LOT to the sound sig, you really cannot judge them if you've been listening to them with an HTC10 and BS on. 
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #32,324 of 35,472
Thats exactly why i didnt buy the banned iem. Someone compared the banned one to the dn2000 and said they are mostly similar with dn2000 having slightly better mids and soundstage but barley noticible. So if these are performing similar then why shouls i spend 150$ on the other.

Sorry for another question but does it have bass impact like say for exmple similar monk+ double foam or piston 2 impack, i mean do u feel bass duuub in your ear.

To be honest, the bass are some of the best I've ever heard coming from an IEM, especially in the sub-bass level, but more in quality and not overdone in quantity, and also not bloated and overlapping in any way to other frequencies.

Nice...is there a difference between the black and silver cables sound wise? I heard the silver one is actually of higher quality.
They do look larger than average iem's do u happen to have Xiaomi's next to it?

The 4in1 housing are just slightly longer, but not any bigger then your average and compact size universal IEM. .....about the cables; the silver ones seems to be slightly better with no notable microphonics, as with the black cable I do hear some rubbing friction every now and then. But, overall the black cable are almost just as good. I personally should have tried the blue cables with no mic instead of the black. .....Or, I can always buy them later.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #32,325 of 35,472

...turn off BoomSound? I have a 10 myself and I immediately turned that off. That thing does a LOT to the sound sig, you really cannot judge them if you've been listening to them with an HTC10 and BS on. 
confused_face_2.gif

boomsound was one of the main reasons i bought this phone. i dont use the dolby setting since it colors the sound too much, but i do use the personal audio profiles w/ the L/R freq test on every earphone i use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back