Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #31,696 of 35,472
They play in the same ballpark of the Monks, that's for sure. Bass is really impressive for an earbud, but just too much for my taste. And for 5$ you can't really go wrong with either of them.
wink.gif

i see. not sure if to be excited for it haha

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #31,697 of 35,472
They play in the same ballpark of the Monks, that's for sure. Bass is really impressive for an earbud, but just too much for my taste. And for 5$ you can't really go wrong with either of them.
wink.gif

I didn't find them too bassy, but then again, I can always switch with the Monks if it'd become overbearing on some material. The bass is very impressive for an earbud, indeed.

And yeah, $5 well spent in either case.. :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #31,699 of 35,472
@wastan
does it (DAP) have the option to skip to parts of a track? I have some mixes on my Xduoo X2 that are 2+ hours long and if I change track then I have to start back at the beginning. It does have a shuttle function but it's really slow and holding the button down to shuttle forward is far too slow to be practical.
manual says it can support 10 bookmarks per file. if you're looking for a "skip ahead x seconds" I don't see that.

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #31,702 of 35,472
  Glad I'm not the only one with them anymore. (At least I think I was the only one that has posted owning them on this thread.) Which was especially funny since HCK sent them to me by mistake instead of a cheaper IEM I ordered. We agreed to call it even and I'm super happy with them. I still like the HLSX 808 a little better, but I could see some people liking the balance of these better in exchange for a little less of the details on the 808. Not far behind on that front though.

I love the Ting's Carlton, of course the only reason I have mine was I over paid for the iem's that can't be mentioned and he just threw the Ting's in to make up the difference and I like the Ting's more than any of my similar KZ's!

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #31,704 of 35,472
  What model is better than the FXT90?
Notice how my head pops up when I hear the word "inexpensive".
basshead.gif

The Tingo GG16859. It's Tingo's take on the FXT90 and sounds/looks pretty much the same minus a few tweaks; better balance of mid/sub-bass and a larger soundstage. Treble also seems a bit smoother and more refined. While they look nearly identical (minus the cable and awesome inline mic module, which are obvious), the housing is a bit taller with a larger vent for the drivers. Strain reliefs are also made from much softer rubber. 

I have two FXT90s so if anyone is in doubt here they are alongside their lost brother the GG16859.

If you can find a pair @KipNix get them. The one seller I knew who had them stopped selling after only two orders. When I inquired about if they were going to restock at any point, they advised the model was discontinued. I was pretty lucky to get a pair. At the 18 CAD I paid, these were a no-brainer and then some. 

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #31,705 of 35,472
  What model is better than the FXT90?
Notice how my head pops up when I hear the word "inexpensive".
basshead.gif

Gotta watch the head popping up stuff, someone might start playing "Whack-A-Kip"
eek.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #31,709 of 35,472
Does fall into the Xduoo X3/FiiO x1 price camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back