Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #29,958 of 35,472
D2 with leather case has arrived :) I have not taken some pics od mine yet.

my first impression, the brief comparison D2 + black filter with 808, D2 is more colorful sound than 808. Although it is hard to compare the size of soundstage, D2 is siliar size with 808. Perhaps the D2 soundstage will grow more expand by burning. I keep comparing with 808, earbuds Tomahawk and Piston2 :)

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #29,959 of 35,472
D2 with leather case has arrived :) I have not taken some pics od mine yet.

my first impression, the brief comparison D2 + black filter with 808, D2 is more colorful sound than 808. Although it is hard to compare the size of soundstage, two is siliar size with 808. Perhaps the D2 soundstage will grow more expand by burning. I keep comparing with 808, earbuds Tomahawk and Piston2 :)

Congrats you with D2 now

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #29,961 of 35,472
Received the DQSM D2002 yesterday and had great fun fiddling about with the different tunings. Incredible how much they change the sound really. I, by far, prefer the white tuning though and the included comply tips suited me right away. Cable is pure joy and wearing them overear is the way to go for me. I took them out of the box along with my X7 with AM5 module and went of for a walk with my dogs. Usually takes 20 minutes but this walk turned out to be a 2hour walk for them and a 2hour musical journey for me.

I had my "acoustic and chill" playlist on and music like Sun kills moon, Bon Iver, Jose Gonsalez, Beck and Elliot Smith was even more beautiful than I've heard before. I can hear things only the VE Zen2.0 back edt. amped have revealed before.

I also found them to be extremely comfortable for my large ears and for me, with complies, they isolated very well.

I need to burn them in a little and listen to more genres but with bass as good as this I have no worries they will prove to be a fantastic buy.:)

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #29,962 of 35,472
Haha why are there many D2 arriving today? I also just got D2 from FedEx while ago. My current headphones are IE80 and HD650, so you can tell that I prefer warm, laidback sound. I tried the black filter, it's not as bright as I think, no siblance, but it's not my taste. Green filter, the mid is recessed too much, not my taste either. I like the white filter most. Here is some comparision to my IE80 (note that I'm a warm lover):

- IE80 emphasizes low, midbass, mid while D2 emphasizes low, mid and high. D2 high is not as much as ATH CKR9 (which is said to be balanced), but it's noticable to me. There is no siblance at all, but there are sparkles which I never hear from IE80 or HD650. As a result, I have to lower the voume compared to IE80. The low bass is comparable to IE80, not as tight and hard as CKR9 (which I think better in technical, worse in musical). Mid bass is clean, not too overpower as IE80. D2 is not as balance/analytical compared to HD598, Havi B3 or CKR9, it's a bit warmer. Therefore, I found D2 sound hifi, exciting, make me concentrate to music and a clear upgrade to CKR9, while IE80 is much more relaxing, easy to listen and sleep. D2 is all-arounder (though I hope it can tame the sparkle so I can turn up the volume) for critical listening, though I may reach out to IE80 more because I usually listen while doing other things. It's impossible to concentrate on work with D2.

- D2 cable is very good but it's thick and heavy, so I replaced it with LZ A3 cable. I don't see much changes (come on, I can't distinguish DACs unfortunately). D2 is heavy, good build quality, but due to matte metal case it sometimes hurt my ears while adjusting. In this regard, IE80 is still the most comfortable IEM I've ever used.

This is my impression after open, I don't think it can change after burn in, but let's see.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #29,963 of 35,472
  Haha why are there many D2 arriving today? I also just got D2 from FedEx while ago. My current headphones are IE80 and HD650, so you can tell that I prefer warm, laidback sound. I tried the black filter, it's not as bright as I think, no siblance, but it's not my taste. Green filter, the mid is recessed too much, not my taste either. I like the white filter most. Here is some comparision to my IE80 (note that I'm a warm lover):
- IE80 emphasizes low, midbass, mid while D2 emphasizes low, mid and high. D2 high is not as much as ATH CKR9 (which is said to be balanced), but it's noticable to me. There is no siblance at all, but there are sparkles which I never hear from IE80 or HD650. As a result, I have to lower the voume compared to IE80. The low bass is comparable to IE80, not as tight and hard as CKR9 (which I think better in technical, worse in musical). Mid bass is clean, not too overpower as IE80. D2 is not as balance/analytical compared to HD598, Havi B3 or CKR9, it's a bit warmer. Therefore, I found D2 sound hifi, exciting, make me concentrate to music and a clear upgrade to CKR9, while IE80 is much more relaxing, easy to listen and sleep. D2 is all-arounder (though I hope it can tame the sparkle so I can turn up the volume) for critical listening, though I may reach out to IE80 more because I usually listen while doing other things. It's impossible to concentrate on work with D2.
- D2 cable is very good but it's thick and heavy, so I replaced it with LZ A3 cable. I don't see much changes (come on, I can't distinguish DACs unfortunately). D2 is heavy, good build quality, but due to matte metal case it sometimes hurt my ears while adjusting. In this regard, IE80 is still the most comfortable IEM I've ever used.

This is my impression after open, I don't think it can change after burn in, but let's see.

Thanks for the review. Ignoring sound signature difference, how does the D2 compare to B3 Pro 1 in fidelity & details?  Similar or different league?

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #29,964 of 35,472

Thanks for the review. Ignoring sound signature difference, how does the D2 compare to B3 Pro 1 in fidelity & details?  Similar or different league?

I let B3 go long time ago, so I may not remember it well. B3 is amazing with soundstage with the price of thin sound, low bass (although I paired with Fiio E11). The anatycal and balance sound makes B3 makes it sound more detail and real. I think it's very good and amazing, but not enjoyable, that's why I sold it. Then the CKR9 sounds similar to B3, with fuller sound, tight bass and sparkling treble with the cost of soundstage. D2 corrected CKR9 by taming the treble, softer bass and a bit of warmness.

If you don't care about 3x price, I'd definitely recommend D2, it's not as special as B3, but much more enjoyable in term of music listening. I may consider between B3 and CKR9 but not B3 and D2.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #29,965 of 35,472
Gearbest is glad to share our special coupon code in Head-fi:

Superlux HD668B $26.39----http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_279992.html 

Superlux HD681EVO $27.47----use the coupon code:LHHD681----http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_306291.html 

Superlux HD381 $9.69----use the coupon code :LHHD381----http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_298733.html 

Superlux HD681 $19.39----use the coupon code:LHHD681S----http://www.gearbest.com/headsets/pp_270782.html 

Please enjoy the discount.

Thank you!

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #29,966 of 35,472

I have the Havi B3 and they have a wider and more spacious Soundstage but D2 has wide as well. The bass though is
so much better from the d2

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #29,967 of 35,472
Wow cool Rose
AAFEF3AD-EB7E-4D5A-920A-2717BEC101B0_zps4ng5y8rd.jpg

Nice cable, beautiful shell :kissing_heart:

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #29,968 of 35,472
I have the Havi B3 and they have a wider and more spacious Soundstage but D2 has wide as well. The bass though is

Thanks, what about sound refinement?  My Easy UES (dual dynamic) sound pretty average detail-wide (even with my EQ correction), so I was worried about the B3 Pro 1 as it's also dual dynamic right?  I can get a good local deal on them, but need a good step up from the Easy.  It's either those or a D2 (eventually).

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #29,969 of 35,472

Well I too have both and I'll say the A&D D2 has a more pronounced bass but better I can't agree with. But we do all hear it just a little different:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #29,970 of 35,472
Thanks, what about sound refinement?  My Easy UES (dual dynamic) sound pretty average detail-wide (even with my EQ correction), so I was worried about the B3 Pro 1 as it's also dual dynamic right?  I can get a good local deal on them, but need a good step up from the Easy.  It's either those or a D2 (eventually).

In my experience driver type and number has very little to do with the amount of detail.

The D2 has much higher resolution and a lot more bads compared with the B3. The B3 on the other hand has much more forward mids and a warmer tone.

They're very very different sounding IEM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back