Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #29,206 of 35,472
  Whats the cheapest place to buy? Im from Sweden so maybe amazon.co.uk? (My amazon login is ******* up)

AliExpress, Gearbest, Amazon. All depends what you are after

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #29,207 of 35,472

I see you are still pushing the Maples over the K4's
rolleyes.gif
So I have had the Dolphins burning in on one DAP or another since I got them at least 150/180 hours now and for me they are still the Dull-Fins
redface.gif
Maybe I got a bad pair but these have just failed to even hold my attention at any level
frown.gif
Like I said originally at least it was only $16.11 and I'm sure my boys will grab them upon the next pair they kill
eek.gif
(Teenagers)

On the other hand some have not liked these very much but for $40 I like Alex think they sound pretty good especially if a little EQ is applied
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

HAHA I can't help it, the Maples are just so, well, sweet! 

Maybe like Twin I too am hearing things in the Dolphins. Gonna see how my Letv Reverse have burned in in a little bit

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #29,208 of 35,472
  Seems You got faulty/bad unit (or fake / different drivers) or bad cable soldering? 
rolleyes.gif
 My 808 has very good imaging and resolution, also depth & height are quite good. Weird, You seem to be first to rate them so bad.

My little impressions on HLSX 808 after 30h of burn-in.
I tried several tips.
With spinfits, V shaped signature and too much bass.
With KZ foam tips and spiral dots, it's better, little V shape, still a little bloated bass. But I don't like V shape sound.
With other tips like stock ones, double flange, KZ Whirlwind, I don't like the sound.

I like it the most with Ortofon silicon tips, more balanced sound, maybe a very very little V, I would say, not very noticeable to be honest.
Bass is precise, deep, just slam when needed. Voices and guitars are detailed. Highs are not well settled, still harsh for now.
Overall it has very good resolution and separation, more wide soundstage than deep, good clarity and airiness.
Good cable to wear over the ear, easy and quick to insert in my ears. Its feels very solid, housing, nozzle, plug. I like it!

Compared with E107 and doufle flange tips I have used for 100+ hours, the 808 seem to be better technically in everything.
I will let them burn in cos it seems they need more time to have everything settled well together.
I find them very good for the price. With tip rolling, I found the sound that suits my taste.
beerchug.gif

MaGaosi BK35... 
popcorn.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #29,214 of 35,472
Anyone try before, good price $40 usd, DD+1 BA only
Look what I found on AliExpress
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32678334614/32678334614.html
4DE7CD2C-E880-456F-ACDF-4D42D1F79F6D_zpsoqoapban.jpg

Its 1dd version is known as one of the worst evaluations of poor sound quality among Japanese in Japanese BBS. And then, although many Japanese bought 1dd ones by its discount for twitter followers of that shop, there are few Japanese who want to buy the hybrid version.

Jun 9, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #29,217 of 35,472
Thanks, I hope so too. I'll let you know how it sounds when it has arrived and I've had the chance to burn it in and try it a bit.. :)

Yes, please share your impressions when you get some time with it :)

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #29,220 of 35,472
  It was because of a write-up about another in-ear where I talked about the Ivery IS-1 in a quite disrespectful manner and entitled it as the worst sounding in-ear I have ever heard - bloated and muddy, control-lacking bass with muffled mids and treble -, when fellow Head-Fier @1clearhead reached out to me and told me that there were actually two versions of the IS-1, one named "HIPUT" and the other "Liberty", with one being crap and the other audibly better. I checked my order from mp4nation from a few years back and it said "Liberty", but what I had received was the bad sounding "HIPUT" version that is not only differently tuned but has also got a different driver and slightly different shape. I was quite surprised when I realised that the version I got was actually the bad one and that two different versions are existing, as I hadn't read about that on the web.
He then generously offered me to send me his 2nd set of the better "Liberty" version of the IS-1 and it arrived some time back. Thanks, buddy! 
beerchug.gif

So for your reference, this is what the bad "HIPUT" version's package looks like:

And below is the better sounding "Liberty" version of the IS-1:

Totally different packaging. Totally.

I then listened to the Liberty version ad indeed, it was quite differently tuned and was noticeably better on the technical side, compared to the bad sounding IS-1 "HIPUT".

So about the technical differences first (I'll get to the sound signature in a moment), the "Liberty" is much better controlled, quicker in the bass, has got the better detail retrieval and superior instrument separation. While the "HIPUT" is bad and muddy, even for $10, the "Liberty" is better and on the technical side, I would say it is as good as the Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition, which I find to be a little better than the KZ ED9.

Moving to the tonality, there is quite of a difference: the "Liberty" does not have that less compared t the "HIPUT", but it does not spill into the mids and reaches its climax much lower, namely around 30 Hz - so it is a sub-bassy in-ear whereas the "HIPUT" focuses on lower root and midbass. As it peaks at lower frequency and is tighter, it is definitely less obtrusive. While the "HIPUT" has overshadowed and very warm mids, the "Liberty"'s are the total opposite and are on the bright, sibilant side. Treble is quite forward. No, it is excessively forward. In fact, it is the most obtrusive and brightest treble I have ever come across. Measurements indicate treble quantity to be identical with the bass's, which is more than 15 dB. Even though I really like bright headphones at times, the "Liberty" is just too much up there, even for me.
A workaround is either to use very deep insertion (impossible for many people), foam tips (well, in this case they will only be of little help) or to do it like me and to a cloth/tissue mod: cut out a small circle of tissue, place it on the nozzle. Voilà, already much better. Taking a small piece of additional tissue, balling it up and placing it in the tip then smooths out the treble and makes it finally sound even and not overly bright (one should only make sure to ball both pieces up with identical density, else it causes imbalance).

So with mod, the better IS-1 "Liberty" version is a relatively nice sub-bassy in-ear on a very tight budget with smooth or slightly bright treble (depends on how it is modded). Unmodded however, while it is technically good, its treble is just too bright and obtrusive. 

Thanks for the write-up! .....I also acknowledged them to have quick bass/sub-bass control, great detail retrieval and instrument separation. Glad I was able to send you the pair!

.....I usually used wide-bore silicone tips to get an airy like midrange, while treble played less sibilant or harsh. Adding tissue or cutting a tiny piece of sponge and adding it to the nozzle is also a great idea. Thanks!

Haha he is one unlucky guy I guess, first clone of Sendiy M2 and now Ivery IS-1.

Actually, the other way around; Ivery IS-1, then the clone of Sendiy M2. ......Unlucky? Nah, it's all good! .....Life goes on.  
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back