Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #28,217 of 35,472
Colorfly-C10-CS4398-DAC-32GB-32bit-192KHz-Lossless-Pocket-HIFI-Music-Player.jpg_640x640.jpg

colourfly c10. need impressions on this dap
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #28,219 of 35,472
The "i.VALUX Hybrid 10mm Dynamic Balanced Armature (BA) Dual-Driver In Ear Monitors IEMS Wood Noise-isolating HI-FI Headphones" arrived early last week.  They now have over 100 hours of run on them.

Since I have the "i.VALUX Hybrid 10mm Dynamic Balanced Armature (BA) Dual-Driver In Ear Monitors Metal", I had to compare them.

First the description of the wood version bBloodyPenguin describes how I hear them

"Sound Quality:
I expected these, being made out of wood to have a warm signature.  Though right away
I noticed that they had a whiff of coolness to them.  Crystal Clear cross all frequencies.
Instrument Separation is outstanding; I'm guessing this is due to the dual drivers.  It is easy
to drive the Bette 10MM, either through a phone or something more powerful.  Isolation is good,
easily blocking unwanted outside noise.  Because of good ventilation, these have absolutely no driver flex.

Sound signature can be described as a wide U shape.  An ever-so slight emphasis on the lows and highs.

Soundstage is neither big or small, Goldilocks would be pleased.

Bass present, but does not overpower in any form.  These are not for bass lovers.

Mids are clear and focused, though might be considered the tiniest amount recessed.

Highs are surprisingly crystal clear though borderline sibilant at times."

However, when compared to the metal 10mm version the woodies are more full in the bass and mids.  At first the highs seem rolled off vs the metals but, they are really basically the same.  The fullness just recesses them somewhat.

The metals come off as more delicate and airier, with bass there when in the recording but not emphasized.  Maybe overall more balanced.

The best part is that I got lost enjoying the music with either set.  Without direct back and forth either one is very enjoyable.  

I still plan to gift the i. Valux 10mm metals to my son and keep these and the HLSX-- 808.

IMHO & YMMV,
r2

May 23, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #28,221 of 35,472
Ok, Easy is on his stuff right now with my order for my coworker of the Joyroom E107. Ordered Thursday and its already Processed through Shenzen

May 23, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #28,222 of 35,472
Ok, Easy is on his stuff right now with my order for my coworker of the Joyroom E107. Ordered Thursday and its already Processed through Shenzen
remember the new musicmaker i talked about, apparently it wont be as cheap as maple or TW1, its listed as 299 yuan on taibao so should be arnd 45$+-... hck said will upload on their store, easy said abt the same thing but he need to check on the cable (the small spike cable in photo at taobao do look un"musicmaker" like looks so rubbery)..

May 23, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #28,223 of 35,472
remember the new musicmaker i talked about, apparently it wont be as cheap as maple or TW1, its listed as 299 yuan on taibao so should be arnd 45$+-... hck said will upload on their store, easy said abt the same thing but he need to check on the cable (the small spike cable in photo at taobao do look un"musicmaker" like looks so rubbery)..

Yeah I had converted it last night haha. $45 is a very good middle tier for them then IMO. I'll probably get them once they add to either store. Wouldn't mind having a micro driver in my collection

May 23, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #28,225 of 35,472

Guys, Do you use any of these methods to burn in your jewelry?

Stereophile's Test CD

CASCADE Noise™ Burn-in CD

IsoTek Burn-In CD

JLab_burn_in_file

XLO & Reference Recordings Test And Burn-In CD
Pink noise + sinelog2

XLO and J Lab

One I don't see mentioned is USBburntool.  

May 23, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #28,226 of 35,472
yup, im getting it too either way..

May 23, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #28,227 of 35,472
How much did you pay? Do you have a link? Looking forward to your impressions!

I paid 198 yuan.
If you ask this guy, you can get it for the same price.
Seems to be original by the looks of the verification code.
https://world.taobao.com/item/16840042159.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.2cgjHv#detail

May 23, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #28,228 of 35,472
   Quote:
This is the BK35. They no longer produces BK33, BK35 is an upgrade over 33. So guys, BK35 is the official model/name for wooden hlsx.

Good to know....thanks 'chongjc'!

The "i.VALUX Hybrid 10mm Dynamic Balanced Armature (BA) Dual-Driver In Ear Monitors IEMS Wood Noise-isolating HI-FI Headphones" arrived early last week.  They now have over 100 hours of run on them.

Since I have the "i.VALUX Hybrid 10mm Dynamic Balanced Armature (BA) Dual-Driver In Ear Monitors Metal", I had to compare them.

First the description of the wood version bBloodyPenguin describes how I hear them

"Sound Quality:
I expected these, being made out of wood to have a warm signature.  Though right away
I noticed that they had a whiff of coolness to them.  Crystal Clear cross all frequencies.
Instrument Separation is outstanding; I'm guessing this is due to the dual drivers.  It is easy
to drive the Bette 10MM, either through a phone or something more powerful.  Isolation is good,
easily blocking unwanted outside noise.  Because of good ventilation, these have absolutely no driver flex.

Sound signature can be described as a wide U shape.  An ever-so slight emphasis on the lows and highs.

Soundstage is neither big or small, Goldilocks would be pleased.

Bass present, but does not overpower in any form.  These are not for bass lovers.

Mids are clear and focused, though might be considered the tiniest amount recessed.

Highs are surprisingly crystal clear though borderline sibilant at times."

However, when compared to the metal 10mm version the woodies are more full in the bass and mids.  At first the highs seem rolled off vs the metals but, they are really basically the same.  The fullness just recesses them somewhat.

The metals come off as more delicate and airier, with bass there when in the recording but not emphasized.  Maybe overall more balanced.

The best part is that I got lost enjoying the music with either set.  Without direct back and forth either one is very enjoyable.  

I still plan to gift the i. Valux 10mm metals to my son and keep these and the HLSX-- 808.

IMHO & YMMV,
r2

Thanks for letting us know more details on the wooden ones. I might get a pair in the near future. 
beerchug.gif

May 23, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #28,229 of 35,472
May 23, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #28,230 of 35,472
     Quote:

Good to know....thanks 'chongjc'!

Thanks for letting us know more details on the wooden ones. I might get a pair in the near future. 
beerchug.gif

You're welcome.
bigsmile_face.gif

Today, I got a deeper conversation with Sanhoo. He told me BK35 is using custom wood dome 10mm dynamic with balanced armature (BA) unit. So where is the bigger driver? I asked him. While both 808 and BK35 are using 10mm dynamic driver, the BK35 got a bigger BA unit, the custom wood dome dynamic driver is also different from the 808.

For full size headphones, they currently have 5 and 7 driver units hybird.  For 5 drivers version, each side there's one 50mm dynamic unit with 4 BA units, meaning to say each pair there's 2 dynamic and 8 BA units. Vice versa for 7 driver units version. Because there are multiple driver in one headphone, they will required a powerful amp to push. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back