Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #26,687 of 35,472

Anyone know a good pair of massive bore tips, like the ones used in the old KEF M200? The QT5 has extra wide nozzles, so I can't use my spiral dots on them.

Same problem. Are you getting another pair? They respond really well to EQ- the clarity makes it so easy to polish the sound. Fit of the tips are merely good enough, though it's always good to have options. SQ is stellar, though- these 4BA + 1DD configurations have some serious resolution. Bass, Mids and Treble are effortless- timbre is some of the best I've heard for a metal-type enclosure (compared to the JVC FX850). Bass has excellent texture, control and impact. Due to the expansive staging the mids are larger than life- treble is exceptionally well-extended. 

Try those tips: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Pairs-Replacement-Earbud-Ear-Tips-for-HS-930i2-HS-930i-Earphone-Earplug-Headset-Eartips-Headphones/32611806077.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.112.V0OEHL

May 2, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #26,688 of 35,472

Haven't ever gotten any orange core tips to say. None came with the **** UES I have.

These, they strenghten out the tremble and mid-bass (from what I heard on the **** UE), and these came with the **** UE, not the UEs, the UE are a single driver IEM. They seem somewhat similar but aren't as transparent as those CADCAM took a picture of, I wonder if they're the same.

May 2, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #26,689 of 35,472
Picked up the Zeros today, drove to the postoffice to get them while wearing the 808s , got the package,  ripped it open, put me favorite large sennheiser double flanges  onto the zeros and popped them in , Ill begin by pointing out that the Zeros are the first  that I've wanted to keep in my ears longer than 10 minutes since the 808s arrived, the IE80s DIY although sounding close to the real thing , the Easy M2s, the Tenmark Pros, UE custom DIY and even the Fidue A83s have taken a back seat to the 808s due to them being more fiddly than the 808s to get on and off despite offering slightly brighter and more descriptive sound.. yet the shozy zeros remain in my ears all day.. took them off to compare with the 808s then popped the Zeros back in again.

OK so initial impressions of the Shozy Zeros  without burn in by a newbie  (and rather fussy) 40 something music dependent guy   using just a Note 4 with Neutron player? They are Good! They currently have a darker fuller and richer sound compared to the HLSX 808s with more body and timber, everything is there, nothing recessed,  nothing I can really pick on except perhaps a slight lack of detail , but that bass!... it has a fullness and body like nothing else I've heard so far!  not even the original IE80s bass sounds this good to my ears , I cant get enough of it ! and even without burn in!  However..  they do sound slightly muddied compared the 808s which has more detail ,separation and a more airy descriptive sound which I like with a bit of sparkle.

But this is early days and first impressions.. and a somewhat inexperienced IMO. Shozy have said the Zeros need 100+ hours or so to really find their legs , if this is the case then whatever voodoo the Shozy engineers have done to this tiny wooden IEM  it may well surpass even the 808s as the most comfortable and enjoyable listen I've come across so far in the sub $100USD IEMs! 

I have not heard any Westone products but from the comments and reviews of others in these forums Id imagine the Tone and sound quality of the Shozys is similar? They have the smallest housing Ive seen and have in my collection and are the most comfortable to wear for extended periods as they are so light they feel non existent in ear which makes it feel almost paradoxical with their rich and full sound and soundstage, the sound isnt out of head like the Fidues but in head and thick like molasses! 

I like this flavor and want more! If the 808s are a refreshing Cold Corona with a slice of Lemon after a hot summers day then the Shozy Zeros are a pint of air temperature Guinness with a hint of chocolate and coffee and a perfect head of froth after a cold winters day in a cosy London pub!  

The Zeros offer a completely different listen and quality than the Fidues and 808s and those two have exposed  every weakness of the other IEMs in my growing collection so far including the original IE80s.. The Zeros are what I was hoping the Easy M2s would sound like. 

I don't bother to burn in, am too undisciplined, impatient and busy , so the Zeros will burn in while in my ears and Ill enjoy them every step of way!

May 2, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #26,690 of 35,472
I don't bother to burn in, just too impatient and busy , so the Zeros will burn in while in my ears and Ill enjoy them every step of way!

I wouldn't worry too much about burn in on them. I've got two pairs (long story), one with well over 100 hours playtime and one that I just brought out for the first time yesterday, they sound identical to my ears. With one from each pair in my ears everything sounds perfectly matched, there's probably something wrong with my hearing :wink:

Fwiw I find the sound of the Zeros to be quite similar to that of the Aurisonics Rockets.....

May 2, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #26,691 of 35,472

beerchug.gif
Has ANYONE compared this HLSX 808 to the Original Bette 10MM all metal? Clearhead, since you started this hype, you got any objection to me mailing you my Bettes, (No you can't keep them
biggrin.gif
), so You can compare them to your 808's and let us get an unbiased opinion? PM me if you are interested.

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

I have already ordered a gold 808 but it is not shipping until now.  I might write the difference between my bette 10mm (more than 230 hours)  and the 808 on mid or end of May.
gs1000.gif

Perhaps I might write the simple difference of them. Of course I will take some pics.

May 2, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #26,694 of 35,472
I wouldn't worry too much about burn in on them. I've got two pairs (long story), one with well over 100 hours playtime and one that I just brought out for the first time yesterday, they sound identical to my ears. With one from each pair in my ears everything sounds perfectly matched, there's probably something wrong with my hearing :wink:

Fwiw I find the sound of the Zeros to be quite similar to that of the Aurisonics Rockets.....

Just looked up the rockets and user reviews.. comments like "buttery smooth" fit the signature of the Zeros.. the rockets cost $200US more making the zeros a pretty sweet deal then..tempted to order another pair along with a 2nd HLSX 808..

May 2, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #26,695 of 35,472
  I'd be curious about a comparison between the Shotzy Zero and the Easy UEs aka Ownluxe A1.

Add me to those interested in this as I was hoping not to buy anything since I'm very happy with Easy UEs and have the 808 on the way. However...descriptions of the Zero signature sound just like my cup of tea.

May 2, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #26,696 of 35,472
Just looked up the rockets and user reviews.. comments like "buttery smooth" fit the signature of the Zeros.. the rockets cost $200US more making the zeros a pretty sweet deal then..tempted to order another pair along with a 2nd HLSX 808..

Yeah, I'd personally still rank the Rockets higher but the difference is nowhere near that what the price difference would suggest.

I'll be comparing them both in my soon to be published review of the Zeros :)

May 2, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #26,697 of 35,472
have you guys heard about musun? i ordered a musun e21 for 15$ yesterday, it says it has a moving armature driver, but personally i've never heard of it. any impressions?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MUSUN-Metal-Moving-Armature-sport-waterproof-Stereo-HiFi-Music-Earphone-Headphones-fone-de-ouvido-auriculares-for/32627937884.html

I also ordered a piston 3, a kz ed2 and a kz ed9. is there any must-have-to-try cheap chinase earphone you would recommend?

I recently discovered how good chinese earphones are and im quite excited about them :O

I've tried most of the AWEI products (wired and wireless earphones, micro usb and lighting cables and just ordered some powerbanks and bluetooth speakers aswell)), if anyone has any question feel free to ask. 

May 2, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #26,698 of 35,472
  These, they strenghten out the tremble and mid-bass (from what I heard on the **** UE), and these came with the **** UE, not the UEs, the UE are a single driver IEM. They seem somewhat similar but aren't as transparent as those CADCAM took a picture of, I wonder if they're the same.

The yellow core I took the pics of came with my LZ Z03A's from Ali...they supposedly sound bad with the Z03A but work well with the Easy M2. Even with the new tips though the jury is still out on the M2. 

May 2, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #26,699 of 35,472
Has anyone tried the Rose Nin?  I think there's only been one order on HCK's page, but thought there might be a chance that it was one of us.

May 2, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #26,700 of 35,472

Well I'm inclined to jump in here since I own both and the Rockets are my number 1 iem, some of my other iem's might be a little better in certain areas but as an over all package the Rockets are solid in every category for me, for me being worth less for others I'm sure! The Zeros are (IMO) a brighter sounding iem with less bass but like the Rockets excellent detail, both are buttery but with the Rockets you get a little raspberry jelly
tongue_smile.gif
I think part of the higher cost on the Rockets are the materials and build quality, IMHO the Rockets are built to last
biggrin.gif

Just another opinion and you know what those are like
eek.gif
LOL

Bottom line you won't go wrong with either so it may come down to budget
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back