Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #26,131 of 35,472

This isn't a fact for me either, I really don't know where you got this from but I don't agree.
+1!

Of course you can have more/less subbass, midbass, low mids, high mids low highs etc, but then there are so many different variables that it is impossible to know what somebody is talking about when then say W-shaped.. Is the deep bass raised/recessed, is the low highs raised/recessed? impossible to know. :wink: 

I know that none of you know what another one actually means when he says "W-shaped", because there is no way for you to know which frequencies are forward and which are recessed, unless the person explains that in detail. But if you do not care about knowing about the signature until you hear the earphones yourselves then go ahead and talk in these terms. You might even say "WWW-shaped sound"; makes just as much sense to you anyway. 

Quite frankly,  'You don't know Jack'

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #26,134 of 35,472
i'd say the Ear Kegs (MusicMaker Shockwave III) and the LZ-A3 (from what I've read) and possibly the ZhiYin QT5 (can't wait for the 1st review to happen!)

cool.gif
My hierarchy is:
Shockwave
TK12
LZA3

I suppose I would like the LZA3 a little more if it wasn't as bright.

BUT because you guys are SO reserved (we want to see reviews before we buy) or are monetarily handicapped, which no one will fault you for. I have on the way (who knows how long THIS shipment will take
biggrin.gif
)  The TK13 and the Sendiy? Easy M2. This M2 has had me intriqued ever since Clearhead brought it to light, Thanx Bro.

Easy also has recommended the TFZ to me now several times. That"s that over ear with the Chinese? symbol on it that is supposed to be a remake of the TTPOD. He says it's very good especially for NOW GET THIS: specifically for Rock and Roll Genre'.  I haven't seen that in a while.

I'm mulling it over. I've got a couple 64 GB SD cards floating around with a LOT of Classic rock and metal on them.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #26,139 of 35,472
I think it was a poor attempt at humor. *cough* 
smile.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #26,141 of 35,472
I'm REALLY wanting to go into a whole philosophical/psychological rant on whether or not we actually know ourselves, but I'm more debating on if I want to pick up the TK12S.  Then again if I do get it, I'd feel compelled to do some cable research.

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #26,142 of 35,472
  I'm REALLY wanting to go into a whole philosophical/psychological rant on whether or not we actually know ourselves, but I'm more debating on if I want to pick up the TK12S.  Then again if I do get it, I'd feel compelled to do some cable research.

Pardon my ignorance but why the 12s when the 13 is cheaper and they both have the same driver config? Is it one of those confusing naming schemes where the higher number is not the newest?

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #26,143 of 35,472
:cool: My hierarchy is:
Shockwave
TK12
LZA3

BUT because you guys are SO reserved (we want to see reviews before we buy) or are monetarily handicapped, which no one will fault you for. I have on the way (who knows how long THIS shipment will take :D )  The TK13 and the Sendiy? Easy M2. This M2 has had me intriqued ever since Clearhead brought it to light, Thanx Bro.

Easy also has recommended the TFZ to me now several times. That"s that over ear with the Chinese? symbol on it that is supposed to be a remake of the TTPOD. He says it's very good especially for NOW GET THIS: specifically for Rock and Roll Genre'.  I haven't seen that in a while.

I'm mulling it over. I've got a couple 64 GB SD cards floating around with a LOT of Classic rock and metal on them.....

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Guess the LZ A3 knocked out the Oneplus Icons? Where is it now in your hierarchy?

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #26,144 of 35,472
  Pardon my ignorance but why the 12s when the 13 is cheaper and they both have the same driver config? Is it one of those confusing naming schemes where the higher number is not the newest?

It mainly comes down to a preference for a detachable cable.

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #26,145 of 35,472

cool.gif
My hierarchy is:
Shockwave
TK12
LZA3

BUT because you guys are SO reserved (we want to see reviews before we buy) or are monetarily handicapped, which no one will fault you for. I have on the way (who knows how long THIS shipment will take
biggrin.gif
)  The TK13 and the Sendiy? Easy M2. This M2 has had me intriqued ever since Clearhead brought it to light, Thanx Bro.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Thanks to Russian and Ukrainian copyright law and web music stores, and buying about 3 albums a day for many years, I've legally purchased enough rock and metal that I can't fit it on 1 TB hard drives  anymore. :p Over 80,000 songs now, and most of the past 4 years only listening to songs once to hear them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back