Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #25,606 of 35,472
Quite interesting Amp released from TCG, It's named TCG AP6.

They've been making big sized amplifier for a while and they've recently started to make portable amplifier as well. 

The price is approx. $190. I'm planning to try these out.

I'm really not sure if I can do a great job writing impressions for these as I don't have that much experience with DAPs and AMPs. 
confused_face.gif

I'm thinking to ask another Head-fier to write the impression as well once I receive them. PM if anybody's interested.

Below's their website with additional pictures of AP6.

http://www.tcgcn.com/

Paul

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #25,607 of 35,472
Just found some cheap earbuds that seem to be generating some buzz. From the description it seems like they have a focus on mids. For $6.50 they also come with a shirt clip and carry case. I wonder how these sound compared to the monk.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/qian-39-High-Quality-Headphones-Earbud-Headphones-Headset-Dynamic-Earphones-for-popular-female-pop-music-light/1112149_32346706750.html

Take one for the team and order! I think its quite to beat the monks at $5

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #25,609 of 35,472

cool.gif
My money is on the fact that the Bettes, i.valux, HLSX 808, as well as a few others that are likely to pop up, are ALL coming from the same Manufacturer. It's easy to fudge specs. to make them look like they are slightly different.

Today's specs are ridiculous anyways. You hear, (If you are Younger and LUCKY), 20Hz--- 20kHz. I would be VERY lucky at my age of 62 to hear 25-16khz, if even that.

Besides your source material isn't any better than human hearing capabilities anyways. (20-20kHz). I've heard that some of the frequencies spec'd by Hi Res stuff actually gets rid of some sonic debris and cleans up the sound a little. I've never noticed the difference.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I might, in a couple of weeks, purchase the Bette/i.Valux and see if there's a difference that I can write and share about. I will keep you informed if I decide to get them.
You still da man for bringing the Bette/i.Valux to my attention. Or else, I wouldn't have made the move to get the HLSX-808's. Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Just found some cheap earbuds that seem to be generating some buzz. From the description it seems like they have a focus on mids. For $6.50 they also come with a shirt clip and carry case. I wonder how these sound compared to the monk.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/qian-39-High-Quality-Headphones-Earbud-Headphones-Headset-Dynamic-Earphones-for-popular-female-pop-music-light/1112149_32346706750.html

Nice package! .....makes me want to get back into the game of getting some extraordinarily good ear buds!  
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #25,610 of 35,472
  Hello , i want a pair of in ear headphones. Price: $ 20  , from aliexpress , I want to buy today , i listen to rap/hip-hop. I will listen with headphones to the phone. 
Thank you!

Check out the **** UE:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/****-UE-Custom-Made-As-UE900-SE846-Around-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-Monitor-Headphones-Noise-Cancelling-Headset/519064_32520404631.html

Very good perfomer in my book and it also has very nice bass without being overwheling. I prefer it over the Zircon and other extremely v-shaped offerings by a large margin but as always YMMV 
wink_face.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #25,611 of 35,472
  Quite interesting Amp released from TCG, It's named TCG AP6.

The price is approx. $190. I'm planning to try these out.

Paul,

I really couldn't get a decent translation but it appears the amplifier is only 130mW at 32 ohms which is rather anemic for $190.  What do you see?

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #25,613 of 35,472
Should be getting in a bunch of new stuff in the post tomorrow including ZhiYin brand all four, some **** and tomahawk to compare to ting earbud I own. Can't wait!

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #25,616 of 35,472
I'm looking on easys store and some of these IEMs are pretty badass looking. Senfur UE? I think is the model plus a few custom others. I think I might bite the bullet and drop $100 and see what I get.

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #25,617 of 35,472

xiaomi hybrid in my opinion!

if you get the authentic ones..
burn them in for 150-200 hours and you will have a very good IEM!

from what i hear about the Zircon ..(i have had a chat with few reputable members)
they also are very fun and bassy but the are not audiophile grade IEMs..
they are good for casual sessions!
personally i will not categorize hybrids into consumer or audiophile grade .. but i can tell you that..
they manage to give life to the most minute detail without deteriorating the bass!
also the bass is one of the most deep and low extending bass i have heard!

they deliver great performance for the price!
i also would like to tell you that they are oriented towards more modern songs..
EDM , pop , rock .. etc!
if you are looking for an IEM for slow, soft and guitar oriented (folk music...etc etc)
they will have good instrument separation but will recess the vocals a tad bit!
(this is noticeable only when you are testing them with another mid friendly IEM..)

overall i would confidently recommend it!

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #25,618 of 35,472
  xiaomi hybrid in my opinion!

if you get the authentic ones..
burn them in for 150-200 hours and you will have a very good IEM!

from what i hear about the Zircon ..(i have had a chat with few reputable members)
they also are very fun and bassy but the are not audiophile grade IEMs..
they are good for casual sessions!
personally i will not categorize hybrids into consumer or audiophile grade .. but i can tell you that..
they manage to give life to the most minute detail without deteriorating the bass!
also the bass is one of the most deep and low extending bass i have heard!

they deliver great performance for the price!
i also would like to tell you that they are oriented towards more modern songs..
EDM , pop , rock .. etc!
if you are looking for an IEM for slow, soft and guitar oriented (folk music...etc etc)
they will have good instrument separation but will recess the vocals a tad bit!
(this is noticeable only when you are testing them with another mid friendly IEM..)

overall i would confidently recommend it!

i have heard the opposite for the hybrids, read they were a step down from the Piston 3.0 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back