Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #23,251 of 35,472
I wonder if I take a pair of KZ-Ate + ear hooks or ZS2??
KZ-Ate + ear hooks are good for sports or still it will be annoying after 30mins?
ZS2 no review yet but they are supposed to be pretty good like ZS1 with less bass, but when I see that both have the same dual drivers I wonder if it will not have the heavy bass too :/

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #23,252 of 35,472
  I wonder if I take a pair of KZ-Ate + ear hooks or ZS2??
KZ-Ate + ear hooks are good for sports or still it will be annoying after 30mins?
ZS2 no review yet but they are supposed to be pretty good like ZS1 with less bass, but when I see that both have the same dual drivers I wonder if it will not have the heavy bass too :/

If you already have ATE then first you need to find out whether they get annoying inside ears, or it's just the cable which gets annoying. Ear hook would eliminate cable management issues. But unfortunately if its the other case then it's less likely to help. 

If you don't have ATE yet then I'd advise to try it out. Surely there are some users who find it getting uncomfortable during long listening hours, most people still found out it to be comfortable to wear. It all depends on your ear shape so you'd have to find it out yourself. Tip rolling would also help a lot btw. 

There are no review of ZS2 yet on head-fi so you may try it out and help community here by providing your opinion. I expect it to sound better than ZS1 of course. Otherwise ZN1 mini is pretty good option.

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #23,253 of 35,472
That's odd I have some for them as well, for Amazon.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

PS: it looks like everyone is about a month out from delivery Both Ali and Amazon. Express shipping on Amazon only saves a couple days. Spendy.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #23,254 of 35,472
  Had these come in today. Completely forgot I ordered them.

Keep in mind the below comments are smack out of the box. I listened for about 45 mins then compared them on a few songs with the Brainwavz XFit XF-200.

Not only do they look VERY much like the XF-200, they sound quite similar. The removable cable is f'ing glorious as well. Really soft, malleable, and flexible. Nice and thick below the y-split, a bit thin above, just like the XFit. Really shocked to see a cable of this quality on such a cheap earphone. 

I had the same fit issues as the XFit, BUT, I tossed on some large Sony Hybrids and boom, problem solved. No idea why I didn't try those tips when I reviewed the XFit, but I'm going to have to amend my review as a result.

Regarding sound, the immediate difference seems to be in bass quantity. The XFit is vented while the W1 Pro isn't. My well-used XFit is notably bassier and has a bit more treble presence. Mids are nearly identical. Overall the W1 Pro seems a little more balanced vs. the more v-shaped XFit. Soundstage feels about the same.

I bought them here for 12.19 CAD. Price hasn't changed it seems: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/QKZ-W1-Earphones-Official-Ear-Headphones-New-Smart-Headset-Phone-Headset-Bass-For-DJ-MP3-With/2049382702.html

I thought I ordered them in blue, but they arrived in black. They still look decent, but the blue and red look pretty sharp. Checked my order and color only says "with microphone" so...not very helpful, haha.

Either way, out of the box these seem to be a pretty awesome little iem for 12 bucks. Feel well built, cable is excellent, and their sound is solid. Looking forward to putting some serious time into them to see how they stack up to the XFit with some more hours.

Man those look good.

Although I'm not too keen on over-the-ear stuff.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but I was given some discount codes for thenew LZ-A3. If anyone is interested in what is supposed to be a game changing earphone that is said to sound better than the LZ-A2, shoot me a PM and I can help you get them at a nice discount.

Cheers

Oooohhh, now I'm split between LZ-A3 and TK12.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #23,255 of 35,472
  If you already have ATE then first you need to find out whether they get annoying inside ears, or it's just the cable which gets annoying. Ear hook would eliminate cable management issues. But unfortunately if its the other case then it's less likely to help. 

If you don't have ATE yet then I'd advise to try it out. Surely there are some users who find it getting uncomfortable during long listening hours, most people still found out it to be comfortable to wear. It all depends on your ear shape so you'd have to find it out yourself. Tip rolling would also help a lot btw. 

There are no review of ZS2 yet on head-fi so you may try it out and help community here by providing your opinion. I expect it to sound better than ZS1 of course. Otherwise ZN1 mini is pretty good option.

How wide is ATE's soundstage? And details?
How come nobody has the ZS2 yet? Perhaps the delivery time is very long due to lack of stock...
If only the ZN1 mini came with a mic

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #23,256 of 35,472
How wide is ATE's soundstage? And details?
How come nobody has the ZS2 yet? Perhaps the delivery time is very long due to lack of stock...
If only the ZN1 mini came with a mic

ATE's soundstage is above average,certainly. Details are fairly good but nothing special to write about. Highs are smooth, sibilance free on ATE.

About ZS2 it's pretty simple. It hasn't come at $10 range. A general rule of thumb for KZ buyers is to wait a bit after launch and within some days it's sold around $10 price. Only ZN1 (with amp) is an exception.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #23,257 of 35,472
  Had these come in today. Completely forgot I ordered them.

Keep in mind the below comments are smack out of the box. I listened for about 45 mins then compared them on a few songs with the Brainwavz XFit XF-200.

Not only do they look VERY much like the XF-200, they sound quite similar. The removable cable is f'ing glorious as well. Really soft, malleable, and flexible. Nice and thick below the y-split, a bit thin above, just like the XFit. Really shocked to see a cable of this quality on such a cheap earphone. 

I had the same fit issues as the XFit, BUT, I tossed on some large Sony Hybrids and boom, problem solved. No idea why I didn't try those tips when I reviewed the XFit, but I'm going to have to amend my review as a result.

Regarding sound, the immediate difference seems to be in bass quantity. The XFit is vented while the W1 Pro isn't. My well-used XFit is notably bassier and has a bit more treble presence. Mids are nearly identical. Overall the W1 Pro seems a little more balanced vs. the more v-shaped XFit. Soundstage feels about the same.

I bought them here for 12.19 CAD. Price hasn't changed it seems: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/QKZ-W1-Earphones-Official-Ear-Headphones-New-Smart-Headset-Phone-Headset-Bass-For-DJ-MP3-With/2049382702.html

I thought I ordered them in blue, but they arrived in black. They still look decent, but the blue and red look pretty sharp. Checked my order and color only says "with microphone" so...not very helpful, haha.

Either way, out of the box these seem to be a pretty awesome little iem for 12 bucks. Feel well built, cable is excellent, and their sound is solid. Looking forward to putting some serious time into them to see how they stack up to the XFit with some more hours.

For $8.95 USD I just had to put these in the cart if for nothing else to compare the 10mm against my 8mm HCK UE custom
wink_face.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #23,258 of 35,472

For $8.95 USD I just had to put these in the cart if for nothing else to compare the 10mm against my 8mm HCK UE custom
wink_face.gif

Really tempted by them as well for sure a cheap price. I spent more on MCd today than what these cost haha :)

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #23,259 of 35,472
I'm a little tempted to give them a try myself...  I'm quite a bit surprised to see a detachable cable IEM with a seemingly good sound for under $9.  Heck, as long as the cable's good, the fact that it has a mic and is MMCX alone makes me want to pick it up.  I love these inexpensive little toys you forget you order and they arrive, it's like a little present from your past self.

Edit:  ...and bought the blue.  Here's hoping I like em!

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #23,260 of 35,472
  I'm a little tempted to give them a try myself...  I'm quite a bit surprised to see a detachable cable IEM with a seemingly good sound for under $9.  Heck, as long as the cable's good, the fact that it has a mic and is MMCX alone makes me want to pick it up.  I love these inexpensive little toys you forget you order and they arrive, it's like a little present from your past self.

I picked the blue as well and by what I'm reading the cable alone is worth the price of admission on these babies
tongue_smile.gif

Then Massdrop has the Mee M6's dropping right now and they fall right in the middle of the W1 and HCK UE Custom with a 9mm Dynamic
redface.gif
And with this guy
evil_smiley.gif
always sitting on my shoulder I just can't get a break
blink.gif
(Then there's that darn Twin)
eek.gif

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/meelectronics-sport-fi-m6-noise-isolating-earphones?utm_placement=17&referer=PR3LLV&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-03-04&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional

Not to even mention I have Lao and Easy emailing me offering me lots of discounts on things like the LZ-Z03A but like Twin they would be expecting some all positive 5 rating reviews in return and I just can't commit
rolleyes.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #23,261 of 35,472

They look very tasty indeed. If early impressions are positive I may just get some.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #23,262 of 35,472

True..... for its price- the detachable cable,jvc XX plastic case.(hope there will be standard 3 pairs of silicon tips even if theres'nt kz style red shaft silicon tips) Oh, the red color is sexy as corvette red.btw,its 2 pin dc socket connectors.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #23,263 of 35,472
More on the W1 Pro:

- The case is larger than JVC's version. Looks the same, but it's not. Plastic is not great quality, but not horrible either. Just meh.

- Not MMCX, but whatever this is. I've had good luck with these connections in the past.

- Damn this cable is gorgeous...that alone is worth the price of entry imo.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #23,264 of 35,472
ATE's soundstage is above average,certainly. Details are fairly good but nothing special to write about. Highs are smooth, sibilance free on ATE.

About ZS2 it's pretty simple. It hasn't come at $10 range. A general rule of thumb for KZ buyers is to wait a bit after launch and within some days it's sold around $10 price. Only ZN1 (with amp) is an exception.

What do you think about Rock Zircon? better or worse? I am tempted by the sports one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back