Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #20,416 of 35,472
But some will eternally have a beef with these products that legitly sound good. They never badged it as a IE800 and ie800 shells are all over anyway. It's not like they ripped them off charging similar prices to a IE800. NOOO. They are asking a very reasonable 13$
When a product is so good that people will copy it's a good product.

That wasn't what I meant - I was referring to the impending argument around the worth of components vs the asking price of the finished product. I know where I stand but no way am I getting into it and nor should anyone else, because its incredibly subjective. 

On the subject of fakes, replicas etc, I don't think its 'good' practice but an understandable one. And I think it needs to be dealt with in a rational manner. In this case I agree that the product in question is using the IE800 shells but in no way is claiming to be equivalent to the IE800, and therefore is straddling the line, not crossing it - as I thought the replica CKR9LTD's did. However too much promotion of products like this is not a good look, and I think they are best left out of this thread unless someone bites the bullet, orders a pair and finds them to perform exceptionally well for the price, which is what the thread is all about. 

In any case, its also not something worth getting into arguments about, which as far as I can tell is just about as likely to get the thread locked as any fake products are. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #20,417 of 35,472
The fake problem stacks with Chinese products. When I are browsing at the aliexpress to search interesting earphones, I think that I might be able to lose the code of ethics because it can look normal from finding plenty of fake/DIY models on the site like going into the wheel of chaos.  I don't know about the definition of fake products. For example, if the product is like IE800, it with the logo must be fake. but I don't know whether it ,a.k.a. some of DIY IE800 models like the large ceramic Yinjw/ **** DT2/Tennmak DIY IE800, without the logo is fake or not. However I avoid to confront the critical problems and do not write about those models as long as I can. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #20,418 of 35,472
  The fake problem stacks with Chinese products. When I are browsing at the aliexpress to search interesting earphones, I think that I might be able to lose the code of ethics because it can look normal from finding plenty of fake/DIY models on the site like going into the wheel of chaos.  I don't know about the definition of fake products. For example, if the product is like IE800, it with the logo must be fake. but I don't know whether it ,a.k.a. some of DIY IE800 models like the large ceramic Yinjw/ **** DT2/Tennmak DIY IE800, without the logo is fake or not. However I avoid to confront the critical problems and do not write about those models as long as I can. 

I feel the same way. However for something like the DT2, they do use the OEM IE800 shell, but looking at it, they have performed enough innovations so that it is clearly distinct from the IE800, down to making ita  dual hybrid (you can tell by peering into the nozzle) and removable MMCX cables. For such a case I would be inclined to call it a DIY as some ingenuity has clearly been involved. The logo is also their own.

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #20,420 of 35,472

If the design is similar but the brand (not on the website or the box, I mean the brand logo on the product itself) is different, it's a Replica. In cases like Tingo FL800 - no Tingo branding on the product, it looks exactly like the original IE800 if not looking into tiny details, with Sennheiser's logos, this is a Fake by definition.
YINJW wrote their brand on their earphones, it's a replica, they don't pretend to be Sennheiser's. Same goes for Tennmak. Using another company's design might not be legal under US law, but there's basically nothing wrong with it, similarly as there is nothing wrong with MIUI looking like iOS, or Dakele 3 looking like an iPhone 6, or like the senseless accusations of Apple that Android steals its designs.

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #20,421 of 35,472
Dec 16, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #20,422 of 35,472
got another batch of chineese earphones

from left to right: AudioSense TX10 -> AuGlamour R1S -> KZ ED10 -> Awei ES-Q9

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #20,424 of 35,472
I finally received my xduoo x2 from the same seller which i ordered in October. Mine also scratched up.

This is sad and seller should be reported asap
frown.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #20,425 of 35,472

This is a very interesting DAC/Amp - for the price, it's dangerously well specced. 

Tempting, tempting....

Just got an xDuoo XD-03 DAC / Amp from Penon Audio a few days ago.
Initial sound impression is excellent for a sub $100 no frills unit.  IMO sounds much better than the NX-2 or Fulla, and can easily drive all the IEMs I currently have.
It can even drive my 600ohm AKG Sextets to decent level, with both bass and power boost on.
Downside is it only accepts micro USB input signal, and is a little bigger in size.

Took a chance on the XD-03 based on the one review posted here.  Wonder why this one never caught on...

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #20,429 of 35,472
Dec 16, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #20,430 of 35,472
Runs like $h!t on Chrome! Switching to IE
angry_face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back