Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #20,387 of 35,472
Hmm interesting.

The detail retrieval might do wonders for trance. How's the bass and sub bass?

Also what's the best place to buy them?

Tingo also make another IEM called the GX5, I wonder what those are like.

The bass and sub-bass is nicely done.....not lacking, nor overpowering. The balance on these are excellent!

As always, I get them in taobao website, since I live and work in China.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.7.vzdzBo&id=520061615138&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail

You can try Aliexpress.....they also carry them.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Original-Tingo-IE-FL800-HiFi-In-ear-Earphone-Earbud-Ear-Phone-Headset-Computer-Subwoofer-Custom/32516869432.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.3.B0qR41&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_0_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_3

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #20,389 of 35,472
Tingo FL800? What a ugly fakes. Look at that awful cheap-looking Sennheiser logo 
eek.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #20,390 of 35,472
  First impressions of the Oneplus Icons are very good. Bass is neutral yet digs pretty deep, great clarity, soundstage. Reminds me of the Titan 1 with less treble spiking. Audiophile tuned signature for sure.

How is the fit and isolation?

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #20,392 of 35,472

Oh flat cables are the worst, even in my reviews I'm dropping points because of flat cables. Yeah, they tangle less, but their durability is awful!
And I'm still in love with Zircon's cable, and Piston 3's cable of course. I also received the Xiaomi Hybrid yesterday, still unopened... :)

EDIT: Just opened them. Damn the Hybrids are crazy XD way better than Piston 3.

I know right! The longest I've ever gone with a flat is 1 year and that's by being very very careful. In the end it still broke.
My rose gold piston 2.1 lasted me 1 year but it was my fault I broke it by accident :X

Thank goodness, I'm not buying them for their logo. Pictures can be deceiving.....they really do look nice, housing, wires, and all. 
wink.gif

What about the GX11? Tempting buy but to our eyes we all know it's a UE clone. How they can make it so cheaply sounds weird. It's cheaper than the other unbranded DIY brands yet somehow.

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #20,393 of 35,472

Thank goodness, I'm not buying them for their logo. Pictures can be deceiving.....they really do look nice, housing, wires, and all.
wink.gif

Still fakes...

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #20,395 of 35,472
Dec 15, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #20,398 of 35,472
  What's wrong with that if it sounds good?

Well I don't care if you like fake (stolen) goods, it's your problem, but one of admins gave here a warning - no more fakes, or he's gonna shut this thread. So leave them for yourselves.

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #20,399 of 35,472
Hmm interesting.

The detail retrieval might do wonders for trance. How's the bass and sub bass?

Also what's the best place to buy them?

Tingo also make another IEM called the GX5, I wonder what those are like.

I got those too, they have a very clear sound and a gentle mid-bass. Not much sub-bass. Very good highs. The main problem with Tingo products is their inconsistency in build and even quality control issues. I got perfectly good GX5 and GX10 but a defective FL800 with the cable loose inside the defective earphone. The cable on my GX5 is not as pictured, but rather has standard splitter and plug, not the nice branded parts as pictured... The cable is a twisted cable, it's really soft and straight, not sure about durability, seems OK. DIY products can be problematic sometimes...

So, I´m doing my buisness around work doing anything but working, browsing forums, flashing phones and whatnot... And all of a sudden I see this! 

I laughes out loud and had to post it here :wink:

Yep, told ye I did my share of things on the net :wink: I guess you have an Xperia device as well.

Well I don't care if you like fake (stolen) goods, it's your problem, but one of admins gave here a warning - no more fakes, or he's gonna shut this thread. So leave them for yourselves.

I have to agree on this one. Tingo has it's own brand logo which can be easily found on GX5, but nowhere to be seen on GX10 or FL800. They should have removed all of Sennheiser's logos and replace them with their own for distinguishability.
As long as there are Sennheiser's logos all over it, it's by definition a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back