Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #19,471 of 35,472

I'm the opposite.  Never heard the KC06 so I can't compare them.  So far, I like the KC06As better than anything I have or have tried in the past.  This includes the Titan 1 (sold), ALI-CKR9LTDs and Puro IEM500 (returned).  Was supposed to get the Trinity Deltas today but the USPS screwed up.  Hopefully, I'll get them tomorrow.  Just love the bass, details, more forward vocals, and treble on the KC06As.  Also, love the fit.  Can just pop them in and forget about them.  With most other IEMs, one ear is always problematic.  Not so with the Ostrys.

Edit:  Scrambler really has me interested in the FXH30s.  Also interested in the A2s if the Deltas turn out to be underwhelming.

I have KCO6A. Also Deltas and FXH-30, among others. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Deltas. FXH-30 might be a little bass light on first listen but they are very good and the bass comes in after a few hours (no burn in here, just normal listening).

I prefer both to the Ostrys, although I still enjoy the Ostry sound. Fit doesn't work me as it does for you, which I'm glad about actually since they were the first I got from my growing collection and I might have stopped with them if they fit well.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #19,472 of 35,472

I'm the opposite.  Never heard the KC06 so I can't compare them.  So far, I like the KC06As better than anything I have or have tried in the past.  This includes the Titan 1 (sold), ALI-CKR9LTDs and Puro IEM500 (returned).  Was supposed to get the Trinity Deltas today but the USPS screwed up.  Hopefully, I'll get them tomorrow.  Just love the bass, details, more forward vocals, and treble on the KC06As.  Also, love the fit.  Can just pop them in and forget about them.  With most other IEMs, one ear is always problematic.  Not so with the Ostrys.

Edit:  Scrambler really has me interested in the FXH30s.  Also interested in the A2s if the Deltas turn out to be underwhelming.

Quote:
@1clearhead They're not the most efficient iem in the world, but a basic cell phone wouldn't have trouble driving them to an unsafe volume. ie. Amping not required. They run fine out of my old Nexus S and PS VITA for example, neither of which have powerful amps.

I haven't tried the FXH20...yet...but from what I gather they're the more balanced of the two. FXH30 has some serious bass to back up some lush (slightly recessed) mids and very detailed treble. Of course there is also that great decay and stupidly quick speed to back up their ability to handle some quick and complicated passages. In other words, the FXH30 is awesome and easily worth the 40-60 bucks you can find them at.

Quote:

I have KCO6A. Also Deltas and FXH-30, among others. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Deltas. FXH-30 might be a little bass light on first listen but they are very good and the bass comes in after a few hours (no burn in here, just normal listening).

I prefer both to the Ostrys, although I still enjoy the Ostry sound. Fit doesn't work me as it does for you, which I'm glad about actually since they were the first I got from my growing collection and I might have stopped with them if they fit well.

Thanks for the comments guys.....I'll take all the comments into consideration......really greatful!   
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #19,473 of 35,472
Was recommended to post here from another thread...and I'm glad I was as there seems to be a huge number of alternative IEMs I've never considered. I'm upgrading from Westone UM Pro 30s. I was comparing the 1964 Ears U3 vs the UM Pro 50....

Is there anything here that I should consider as well? 

My music preferences: newer music with a lot going on, female vocals, violins, drums, guitar, etc. A lot of trance/instrumental and BGM type music(Sawano Hiroyuki is my favorite composer). My ideal IEM has a focus on mid-range(vocals, violin) with similar bass to the Pro 30s(which make drum beats sound amazing), with greater extension in treble. I've heard really good things about 1964 Ears, was going to get the U3. I was budgeting for the $200-$700~ CAD range, but it seems like there are a lot cheaper options in this thread. 

P.S. What about things like build quality and warranty?

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #19,474 of 35,472
  Was recommended to post here from another thread...and I'm glad I was as there seems to be a huge number of alternative IEMs I've never considered. I'm upgrading from Westone UM Pro 30s. I was comparing the 1964 Ears U3 vs the UM Pro 50....

My music preferences: newer music with a lot going on, female vocals, violins, drums, guitar, etc. A lot of trance/instrumental and BGM type music(Sawano Hiroyuki is my favorite composer). My ideal IEM has a focus on mid-range(vocals, violin) with similar bass to the Pro 30s(which make drum beats sound amazing), with greater extension in treble. I've heard really good things about 1964 Ears, was going to get the U3. I was budgeting for the $200-$700~ CAD range, but it seems like there are a lot cheaper options in this thread. 

Havi B3 Pro 1. My music preferences are similar to yours haha, I listen to a lot of Wagakki Band and Vocaloid covers with real instruments these days. Havi is very VERY open sounding with its thus far unparalleled soundstage (in this price range and quite a bit beyond), has fantastic imaging, separation and layering. Basically it was just about MADE for live music. It's also fairly neutral and balanced sounding with just a touch more in the mids which gives it that magical quality with female vocals. Some may find it a little thin or lacking in sub bass but I've loved it since I got it a year ago. Even with newer toys, I still find myself going back to the Havi every so often.

(Yes I'm an unabashed fanboy 
biggrin.gif
)

Edit: Also, PSYREN!

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #19,475 of 35,472

Havi B3 Pro 1. My music preferences are similar to yours haha, I listen to a lot of Wagakki Band and Vocaloid covers with real instruments these days. Havi is very VERY open sounding with its thus far unparalleled soundstage (in this price range and quite a bit beyond), has fantastic imaging, separation and layering. Basically it was just about MADE for live music. It's also fairly neutral and balanced sounding with just a touch more in the mids which gives it that magical quality with female vocals. Some may find it a little thin or lacking in sub bass but I've loved it since I got it a year ago. Even with newer toys, I still find myself going back to the Havi every so often.

(Yes I'm an unabashed fanboy 
biggrin.gif
)

+1

Havi B3 pro1 are something else. Been trying a lot of IEMs at HIFI stores lately and teh Havis have spoiled me bad. They just keep draging me further into it's domain and all theother IEMs I have are now collecting dust. 

The thing about the Havis that is tricky for me is how tip dependent they are. Sound just changes soo drasticly if you don´t get them just right. The insertion is also fairly shallow (atleast for me) so I have  to push them quite far into my ears to get them to fit well. I now use Klipsch triple flanged tips which I push over the whole nozzle, right up to the shell. For me, this provides an excellent seal and the sound is just breathtaking paied with Fiio x5 and Oppo ha-2.

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #19,476 of 35,472
+1

Havi B3 pro1 are something else. Been trying a lot of IEMs at HIFI stores lately and teh Havis have spoiled me bad. They just keep draging me further into it's domain and all theother IEMs I have are now collecting dust. 

The thing about the Havis that is tricky for me is how tip dependent they are. Sound just changes soo drasticly if you don´t get them just right. The insertion is also fairly shallow (atleast for me) so I have  to push them quite far into my ears to get them to fit well. I now use Klipsch triple flanged tips which I push over the whole nozzle, right up to the shell. For me, this provides an excellent seal and the sound is just breathtaking paied with Fiio x5 and Oppo ha-2.

+2. It's still one of my top 3 IEM's despite all the others coming in during the last two years

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #19,477 of 35,472

Hello NemesisQ,

Welcome to the Chinese IEM thread created by 'bhazard' where you save lots of money, but somehow end-up broke the next day. The savings are really great here, but if you become addicted? You may have to join a separate rehabilitating thread 'till you become sober and actually get used to the money spent here. Yes, if you can survive on this thread, you can acomplish any buying and shopping spree.

Your line-up looks high-end.....so, you may want to wait on 'Peter123's' review on these 4 speaker per-side BA Armature set-up. Hopefully, he'll send some links....

Click on link below to take a closer look.....
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.85.0tGjn0&id=520639074705&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

Or, choose to check-out some brands like Havi's, KZ's, Rock's, and so on and come back to this thread to give your genuine thoughts and Pro's and Con's....

Havi's
http://www.head-fi.org/t/741221/havi-b3-pro-1-thread-2-0

KZ's
http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread

Rock's
http://www.head-fi.org/t/780859/rock-zircon-mula-iem-impressions-thread

If anyone wants to add-on, go right ahead!

Good Luck!

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #19,478 of 35,472
  Hello NemesisQ,

Welcome to the Chinese IEM thread created by 'bhazard' where you save lots of money, but somehow end-up broke the next day. The savings are really great here, but if you become addicted? You may have to join a separate rehabilitating thread 'till you become sober and actually get used to the money spent here. Yes, if you can survive on this thread, you can acomplish any buying and shopping spree.

[SNIP]

It's funny how totally true this line is. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #19,479 of 35,472
The problem is they are all looking good and there are so many to try, (you could go broke trying them all) the problem is I can't buy them all, but if some how we can find those hidden gems as a collective.
This pair is looking good 4 balanced armature's with a screw in damper,(maybe you can change the damper around) could be good, I also like that it doesn't look like a bullet.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-Go-Pro-EHOSN-Dynamic-and-Armature-4-unit-Headphone-HIFI-Fever-Earphone-SE535-DIY/32521380408.html

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #19,480 of 35,472
Nov 4, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #19,483 of 35,472

Product link : http://www.mi.com/quantie/

Oh man xiaomi is definitely stepping up their IEM game this time, Single BA+DD IEM for the same 100yuan price as usual like the xiaomi pistons when they were released.
They even developed a burn in app for the new IEMs, looking forward to the sound impressions on them. Hopefully it will sound better than its predecessors.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #19,484 of 35,472
  Help me decide for a cheap sports solution to add to my LG G4:
-Fiio E6 (to boost my Hifiman RE272)
or
-An Aukey B4 BT earphones?
Both are in the 20-30$ range

You should check out the Axgio Sprint, they're the best Bluetooth option I've come across so far.

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #19,485 of 35,472
  Help me decide for a cheap sports solution to add to my LG G4:
-Fiio E6 (to boost my Hifiman RE272)
or
-An Aukey B4 BT earphones?
Both are in the 20-30$ range

If you're willing to spend a little more, the Sony AS800AP can be found for around 40 USD online. Well built, waterproof, and they sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back