Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #18,707 of 35,472
One of Head-Fi members smashed them with a hammer - they are so good :wink:

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #18,708 of 35,472
Found another set with Knowles balanced armature's, a bargain price for these.. Called the er610

I have 2 pairs on the way so someone else has to take one for the team.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ER610-double-moving-iron-ear-headphones-earphone-silver-plated-line-upgrade-Lou-s-double-iron-unit/32453060279.html

But could be a great iem for the price.

What ever you do don't buy the Earmax ER610s they are some of the worst earphones ever made in the history of earphone production in this world and the next.

I along with others have bought them and nobody has a kind word to say about them just search this thread for comments, save your money and your sanity and buy something else
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #18,709 of 35,472

What ever you do don't buy the Earmax ER610s they are some of the worst earphones ever made in the history of earphone production in this world and the next.

I along with others have bought them and nobody has a kind word to say about them just search this thread for comments, save your money and your sanity and buy something else
devil_face.gif
devil_face.gif

Thanks for the tips...I won't go anywhere near the Earwax ER610....oops i mean Earmax ER610 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #18,711 of 35,472
Found another set with Knowles balanced armature's, a bargain price for these.. Called the er610

I have 2 pairs on the way so someone else has to take one for the team.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ER610-double-moving-iron-ear-headphones-earphone-silver-plated-line-upgrade-Lou-s-double-iron-unit/32453060279.html

But could be a great iem for the price.

I have smashed them too. 
So, there is DTEC-30265 BA, and, according to this link http://eu.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?Knowles%2fdtec-30265-000%2f&qs=CwrZmfgQ%2f8PExkdM0ny2Cg%3d%3d it's FR is 200 Hz to 6.2 kHz. So it is impossible to *fix* or burn-in this earphones, they *should* sound like crap ))).

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #18,713 of 35,472
Any knowledgable Asian IEM wizards want to help me out? One of my TTPOD T1E ear buds is dying and I'm looking for something else but I've been out of the know for a little while. 

Looking for something sub $100, that doesn't need to be driven, similar over the ear fit to my TTPODs, but probably looking for smaller size and better fit. Looking for something that can handle a wide range of music (so more balanced), and less bass in exchange for more detail for sure. I feel like sometimes the fit/bass of the TTPODs fatigued me. 

List:
  1. VSONIC VSD3/VSD3S or VSD5 
  2. Macaw GT100S (these just look interesting to me)
  3. VSONIC GR06/7 (a little high on my price range, great things about them but looking for mainly portable IEMs)

Any thoughts or anything I'm missing that I should strongly consider? 

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #18,714 of 35,472
  Any knowledgable Asian IEM wizards want to help me out? One of my TTPOD T1E ear buds is dying and I'm looking for something else but I've been out of the know for a little while. 

Looking for something sub $100, that doesn't need to be driven, similar over the ear fit to my TTPODs, but probably looking for smaller size and better fit. Looking for something that can handle a wide range of music (so more balanced), and less bass in exchange for more detail for sure. I feel like sometimes the fit/bass of the TTPODs fatigued me. 

List:
  1. VSONIC VSD3/VSD3S or VSD5 
  2. Macaw GT100S (these just look interesting to me)
  3. VSONIC GR06/7 (a little high on my price range, great things about them but looking for mainly portable IEMs)

Any thoughts or anything I'm missing that I should strongly consider? 

Soundmagic E80 or Macaw GT100S would be my best bet.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #18,715 of 35,472
Macaw GT100S need to be driven.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #18,716 of 35,472

Soundmagic E80 or Macaw GT100S would be my best bet.

Unfortunately the Soundmagic E80 aren't over-ear style :frowning2: 

Macaw GT100S need to be driven.

I had a feeling they did some reason. I do have a JDS cMoyBB, I just rarely use it out of laziness and how bulky it makes my set-up. Maybe I should have gone for something slimmer.

I'm leaning towards the VSD5s for some reason. I should have also clarified that I'm not looking for full clarity or neutralness like the Macaws offer. Still looking for vibrant sounding in-ears, just less bass and more detail. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #18,717 of 35,472
Go for Phonak Audeo PFE012 with grey filters. They have what you looking for.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #18,718 of 35,472

+1 They are super comfy and more balanced than T1E. 
wink.gif
 They are also great match for JDS cMoyBB.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #18,720 of 35,472
  You should be able to wear them over-ear if you'd like. 

You're right, all I had to add was "over-ear" to google and that worked, although I'm looking for over-ear specific. 

+1 They are super comfy and more balanced than T1E. 
wink.gif
 They are also great match for JDS cMoyBB.

Once again you guys deliver. After some looking around it seems like these really fit what I was looking for, also from some searching on Head-Fi it seems people's pairs have still been going and these won't cut out on me after one year of use like my T1Es. 

You (Americans) can also get them for a nice price with coupons through Earphone Solutions, it's still a good deal for me but a bit more being in Canada. Although I can't find what tips come with it on that site. Anyways, these are the frontrunners right now, I may still get some Vsonics later for fun. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back