Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #17,026 of 35,472
I think you should, as it deserves a slot to recommend sub $100 price bracket, based on some positive impressions (and joker's brief listen), BQ,accessories and as a complete package (truck load of tips).....And imo,E80 really lifted SM brand to a new level.

Joker liking them should be an instant flag that these are special.

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #17,028 of 35,472
Just waiting for them to actually make the E80S available. In silver. Anyone know when to expect them on aliexpress or elsewhere?

They are at penon audio, but unfortunate at $69, not $50 as in micca store so no exceptional value for us outside US 
frown.gif

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #17,029 of 35,472
They are at penon audio, but unfortunate at $69, not $50 as in micca store so no exceptional value for us outside US :frowning2:

I still think they're an exceptional value @ $69, I got my pair from Penonaudio and I do certainly not regret.

Pretty much all stuff is cheaper in the US, that being said that Micca price is just crazy :)

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #17,030 of 35,472
I still think they're an exceptional value @ $69, I got my pair from Penonaudio and I do certainly not regret.

Pretty much all stuff is cheaper in the US, that being said that Micca price is just crazy :)

+1 with peter, but I did get mine through Micca, but still, the price of $69 is a steal for the performance you get. They prompted me to sell my FX850 and keep my A73 and Doppio on the sidelines for everyday listening (well...I do get a lot of use out of my A73 when I'm using my computer).

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #17,031 of 35,472

I've got to ask. I have the Havi b3 pro1's and they have pretty much ruined many other of my IEMs (shure se215, B&W c5, Vsonic VSD3 and a few others). I just keep coming back to Havi's as I just am a sucker for the air and soundstage. If only they could have a bit more bass. I find the Havi's have high quality and speedy bass but the sub-bass just isn't pronounced enough for me. It's my only gripe and the only reason I fever really look for other IEMs. Would sound magic e80 be my holy grail?

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #17,032 of 35,472
Macaw gt100s or E80? Which one would suit me more after MK5?

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #17,033 of 35,472
I've got to ask. I have the Havi b3 pro1's and they have pretty much ruined many other of my IEMs (shure se215, B&W c5, Vsonic VSD3 and a few others). I just keep coming back to Havi's as I just am a sucker for the air and soundstage. If only they could have a bit more bass. I find the Havi's have high quality and speedy bass but the sub-bass just isn't pronounced enough for me. It's my only gripe and the only reason I fever really look for other IEMs. Would sound magic e80 be my holy grail?

With the right tips B3 Pro1 can be bassy. You should try tip rollling. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #17,034 of 35,472

Nothing is the holy grail. I thought spending $280.00 for the FX850 was going to be the holy grail based on all the reviews and comments, and although they are stellar, with insane timbre and treble (the best ever!), the bass is bloated and unruly, and the soundstage is average. The E80, to my ears, is the love child of the Havi B3 and RE-400. It sits right in between them. The soundstage is smaller than the Havi, but bigger than the 400, but the timbre and treble is better than the Havi and RE-400. Bass is slightly better and faster than both, but only barely more pronounced. Transparency is better than Havi, but slightly less than 400. Detail retrieval is just behind both, but not by much.

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #17,035 of 35,472

Personally I wouldn't waste my time with the Macaws. They got pretty solid reviews, but they seemed to get passed right over, even by the reviewers, which to me means decent, but not really a game changer or keeper. When something is truly outstanding, the hype train is maintained...at least for awhile. Pistons, Ostry, Tenore, FX850, IM70, Duoza, RE-400, Havi B3 ect ect. Hell...even the A73! I'd wait.

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #17,036 of 35,472
Personally I wouldn't waste my time with the Macaws. They got pretty solid reviews, but they seemed to get passed right over, even by the reviewers, which to me means decent, but not really a game changer or keeper. When something is truly outstanding, the hype train is maintained...at least for awhile. Pistons, Ostry, Tenore, FX850, IM70, Duoza, RE-400, Havi B3 ect ect. Hell...even the A73! I'd wait.

I think you didn't read @twister6 's review. I don't think that they are only decent. 
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/macaw-gt100s-hifi-with-mic-in-ear-earphone-silver/reviews/13359

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #17,037 of 35,472

I feel exactly the same as you about the Havis and I still believe that they outperform the E80's in some areas but the gap is closing :wink:

So no (for me) the E80's does not replace the Havi's but offer a very nice supplement. The Holy graal upgrade for me from the Havi's is the FAD Heaven VII's, dat price though :frowning2:

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #17,038 of 35,472
But isn`t Havi B3P2 an option if more bass(sub-bass) is wanted?

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #17,039 of 35,472
B3P2 is lacking the subbass compared to B3P1. It has slightly more midbass and that gives the impression of a more bassy character (-which is really not an accurate bass reproduction).

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #17,040 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back