Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #16,336 of 35,472
Ok I found the pictures of the filters and they are mesh filters. Wow! If I am not wrong they have dual dynamic drivers like IM50/70. Will order them soon and compare them to my IM50 side by side.

I'm pretty sure they're single dynamics maybe some that got them can confirm.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #16,338 of 35,472
No, they aren't.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/4245

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #16,340 of 35,472
  Just to illustrate, the dual driver of them IM70:

Yeah, I know them lol. Just check out ATH-IM series threads for my posts. I know how they look like in real life because I had to dissamble my IM50 after a mod which the drivers have failed on one side.
biggrin.gif
  And those drivers in ATE looked exactly the same to me if not the same size.

Check them for yourself. On the first picture we have ATE and on the second picture we have IM50.

The other driver is still in the ATE. So can you still say that it is a single dynamic driver?

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #16,341 of 35,472

Yeah, I know them lol. Just check out ATH-IM series threads for my posts. I know how they look like in real life because I had to dissamble my IM50 after a mod which the drivers have failed on one side.
biggrin.gif

Check them for yourself. On the first picture we have ATE and on the second picture we have IM50.

The other driver is still in the ATE. So can you still say that it is a single dynamic driver?

What i wanted to show with that picture is that the driver configuration of the KZ ATE can be a copy of IM70.

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #16,342 of 35,472
  What i wanted to show with that picture is that the driver configuration of the KZ ATE can be a copy of IM70.

Sorry, my bad. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #16,343 of 35,472

Just to illustrate, the dual driver of them IM70:

biggrin.gif

Oh common, everybody can see, this is quad BA driver IEM for $10.  End of discussion
tongue.gif

If it makes people feel better they bought dual dynamic driver IEM for $10, don't shatter the dream.  But in reality, it is a single dynamic driver IEM that sounds AWESOME!  Period!  Enjoy it guys!!!

Jun 5, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #16,344 of 35,472
This is chinese earphone explosion review/ comparison. Titled as my "Dunu Titan 1 Review" but i made some comparisons with the GR07BE, VSD5, Hifiman RE400s.

Enjoy!
http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/13302

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #16,347 of 35,472
where can i buy these brands that i cant get in my own country? I found mp4-nation that has a few brands which is nice. Ebay is not an option cus they almost never ship here.

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #16,348 of 35,472
  where can i buy these brands that i cant get in my own country? I found mp4-nation that has a few brands which is nice. Ebay is not an option cus they almost never ship here.

you meant the KZ  or Audio Technica?....or which brand in particular you looking for?....

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #16,349 of 35,472

Try Aliexpress. Be careful when you buy big international name brands. lots of counterfeit items. always read feedback and seller ratings

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #16,350 of 35,472
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1607695198.html?tracelog=storedetail2mobilesitedetail

So I kept listening to the Edifier H285 at the store. I was a little skeptical about trying to get into another $19 USD IEM. I'm always telling myself I can hear the flaw in the signature and that I don't need more headphones.

Still I just purchased them. I thought it was cool Edifier purchased the Stax headphone company. The H850 full size headphones seem to be noted here more and owned by a couple members. They fit nice and had a great sound still there was an aspect of their signature I did not like. Also I feel I already own a bunch of headphones at the $38 USD price point. They are an amazing value if you don't own many headphones. Edifier seems to have a house sound also, at least I seemed to notice how the H850 and H285 sounded the same, even though one was an IEM and one a headphone. They are both bass centric but maybe not to overpowering in the treble area.

I held off buying these at first just because I seemed to hear a lack luster treble response from the IEMs. As we already know the world is full of cheap dull China made IEMs. But there was something there in the signature, and at last it seemed something to explore. It was not a total loss if I didn't like these IEMs in the future, worth the risk!

There is a small description about the H290 and the Edifier full size H850 headphone in the first post of this thread. i have not read this whole thread but a search of Head-Fi or even the internet has not returned much info on these.

I will make a review in three weeks, as I like to make sure I know what to review.

Does anyone else have these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back