Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #16,203 of 35,472
Hey guys, today my KSC75 have died, apparently the problem is the driver itself and not the cable, thats really odd.

So, I need your help for my next pair of headphones, the only thing that I really want is soundstage and more soundstage the thing is that my budget is really low ~20$ so probably I´ll pick a new pair of KSC75 or something else.

So far I've been considering the Tascam TH02s and Takstar HD2000s. 

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

May 24, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #16,204 of 35,472
I've got a $28 refund and I'm trying to find a good headphone for something close to this price, or even a little higher. I was looking for a superlux or a takstar. Can someone give me suggestions? Are they worth it or are there better options?
Takstar HI2050

May 24, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #16,205 of 35,472
  They are charging 36 dollars to ship to brazil :frowning2:

Hello my brazilian fellow 
biggrin.gif

I would get the HI2050 as Hisoundfi said, or spend a little more for the Superlux HD681 Evo or the Pro 80 (without the case it costs US$50).
I also recommend Arial Xu store, lot's of dudes from a local forum has been buying the Superluxes and Takstars from him, and none of them had issues so far.

http://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product/Brand-New-Takstar-HI2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-Open-Dynamic-Audio-Headset-Earphones-Without-Original-Packaging/816277_2042611708.html

beerchug.gif

May 24, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #16,206 of 35,472
  Hey guys, today my KSC75 have died, apparently the problem is the driver itself and not the cable, thats really odd.

So, I need your help for my next pair of headphones, the only thing that I really want is soundstage and more soundstage the thing is that my budget is really low ~20$ so probably I´ll pick a new pair of KSC75 or something else.

So far I've been considering the Tascam TH02s and Takstar HD2000s. 

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

If you're really in a budget and you liked the KSC75 I would get another one, just to avoid issues of now liking the new toy

BTW, good luck with the politics there, hope you guys solve it 
redface.gif

May 25, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #16,207 of 35,472
Hey Guys today while browsing through ebay for headphones I found this which looks exactly like the ISK HP-580 design wise and spec wise and ordered a pair but the only difference is that this have 50 mm Ferrite Drivers instead of the 50 mm Neodymium Drivers that the ISK HP-580 have. Here is the link to the manufacture's website: http://dpstage.com/headphones/dps351-headphones.html but this manufacture is based in Australia. Here is a link to the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321429462484?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Here is a pic:
dps351.jpg
So what do you Headfiers think about the sound quality between Ferrite and Neodymium Drivers?

BTW will post a review on the headphones shown in the pic above once i receive them and give MHO on these in comparison with the ISK HP-580 which i also happen to have a pair lying around. :)

May 25, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #16,208 of 35,472
  Hey Guys today while browsing through ebay for headphones I found this which looks exactly like the ISK HP-580 design wise and spec wise and ordered a pair but the only difference is that this have 50 mm Ferrite Drivers instead of the 50 mm Neodymium Drivers that the ISK HP-580 have. Here is the link to the manufacture's website: http://dpstage.com/headphones/dps351-headphones.html but this manufacture is based in Australia. Here is a link to the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321429462484?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Here is a pic:
So what do you Headfiers think about the sound quality between Ferrite and Neodymium Drivers?

BTW will post a review on the headphones shown in the pic above once i receive them and give MHO on these in comparison with the ISK HP-580 which i also happen to have a pair lying around. :)

These look like a rebranded Superlux HD681 :xf_eek: 

May 25, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #16,209 of 35,472
  These look like a rebranded Superlux HD681 :xf_eek: 

I know but this have 50mm Ferrite Drivers and what do you think about Ferrite Drivers in comparison with Neodymium Drivers in terms of sound quality and reproduction?

May 25, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #16,210 of 35,472
I personally don't have any experience with Ferrite drivers, so i can't speculate.
Looking forward for your review though, these cans seem interesting.

May 25, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #16,211 of 35,472
  I personally don't have any experience with Ferrite drivers, so i can't speculate.
Looking forward for your review though, these cans seem interesting.

NP, Will make a new thread with my impressions, comparison with the ISK HP-580 and review of the DP Stage DPS-351 (a Superlux HD681 and ISK HP-580 modded clone with 50 mm Ferrite Drivers) sadly you hardly can find new headphones with Ferrite Drivers now since Neodymium Drivers are the norm now. :)

May 25, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #16,212 of 35,472

I know but this have 50mm Ferrite Drivers and what do you think about Ferrite Drivers in comparison with Neodymium Drivers in terms of sound quality and reproduction?

Neodymium magnets are more powerful than Ferrite ones. So for equal magnetic intensity a Ferrite tends to be heavier and larger than Neodymium one. 

I'd assume in this case that the 50mm Ferrite driver would be less powerful (and precise) than the Neodymium driver of same size. It'd be better choice to opt for Neodymium.

May 25, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #16,213 of 35,472
  Neodymium magnets are more powerful than Ferrite ones. So for equal magnetic intensity a Ferrite tends to be heavier and larger than Neodymium one. 

I'd assume in this case that the 50mm Ferrite driver would be less powerful (and precise) than the Neodymium driver of same size. It'd be better choice to opt for Neodymium.

Well in this forum discussion: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2209668 about Ferrite or Neodymium one user by the name of BTA said that "It doesn't matter. Whatever fits what that manufacturer was trying to achieve with the specific driver design." So what is your take on this opinion?

May 25, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #16,214 of 35,472

Well in this forum discussion: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2209668 about Ferrite or Neodymium one user by the name of BTA said that "It doesn't matter. Whatever fits what that manufacturer was trying to achieve with the specific driver design." So what is your take on this opinion?

There can be two aspects of using Ferrite. One is the way BTA has said. In that case the designer might have found that he can achieve better sound by using ferrite magnet. Other case is simply cost cutting. I don't really know what may be the reason behind since I haven't used either of the headphones.

I'd just put my 2 cents over cost cutting but it may well be the first case as well so no conclusions!

May 25, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #16,215 of 35,472
  There can be two aspects of using Ferrite. One is the way BTA has said. In that case the designer might have found that he can achieve better sound by using ferrite magnet. Other case is simply cost cutting. I don't really know what may be the reason behind since I haven't used either of the headphones.

I'd just put my 2 cents over cost cutting but it may well be the first case as well so no conclusions!

Ok in this case it makes it more interesting and curious for me to see if a burned in DP Stage DPS-351 sounds better or worse when compared with a burned in ISK HP-580. My ears can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back