1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. BadReligionPunk
    Dunu DM-480 going to research that. Not sure its the same thing. Its being marketed as isobaric push dynamics. Don't know what that means exactly and there is no info on it at all.

Was also just reading about the new Audio-Technica ATH-CK2000Ti and see that it is push pull also. But $750 OUCH!
    The CKR9/10's are a much more affordable. Also 2x13mm drivers. :)

Here is an interview on the process and what it does. http://sea.audio-technica.com/ckr/interview_02.html

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    HungryPanda and PhonoPhi like this.
  2. Infoseeker
    Screenshot_20191202-164808_Chrome.jpg

Looks mids forward.

What is the gimmick of these drivers? Do they rumble like haptic feedback vibration drivers?

3. Slater
  4. superuser1
    OopsWrongPlanet and Slater like this.
  5. superuser1
    for example

6. audio123
    yorosello likes this.
  7. mbwilson111
    That is a company best forgotten...if only we could forget. When they disappeared they still owed us gear that we had already given them about £300 total for... the Icarus 4, a headphone and some weird dac thingie. They kept people believing that the stuff would soon be on its way and then they just disappeared. Although one of the guys has used the money to start another company.... and still taking money ahead of time... IMR. (Zenith, Aten etc).

8. Slater
    Yes, their hybrid was a scam, but the regular dual dynamic was only ever advertised as a dual dynamic. So technically, they were telling the truth on that one lol

superuser1 likes this.
  9. mbwilson111
    Yeah but... they cheated people out of a lot of money and ran away with it to start something new when Trinity went bankrupt. The products in question were not kick-starter... they were preorders for promised products.

There is something going on now with a promised headphone .. I won't mention the company but I think it is going to end up the same.

10. Slater
    I know, I was being sarcastic. Trinity are/were scumbags, and it is a shining example of how not to run a company.

phthora likes this.
  11. mbwilson111
    Sad that they are carrying on without people realizing it is the same person.

As for the other company... I hope you guys get what you want but I am very skeptical. I never wanted anyone here to go for that...

phthora, yorosello and darmanastartes like this.
  12. Otto Motor
    The third opinion in our BQEYZ Spring 1 trilogy -- interesting that nobody talks about these...soon here on Head-Fi, too.

BQEYZ Spring 1 Review .jpg

HungryPanda likes this.
  13. tiamor988
    DynamicEars likes this.
  14. Otto Motor
    tiamor988 likes this.
  15. kukkurovaca
    I find that post-mod the Spring 1 require EQ to cut midbass and sibilance. (Also, a powerful source helps a lot with the bass.) One of those earphones that comes with a lot of caveats, but once they're set up just so, extremely good performers.

I hope BQEYZ works on the tuning and puts out a follow-up.

DynamicEars and tiamor988 like this.