TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 30, 2016 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24,683

Bobtrinity

Member of the Trade: Trinity Audio
Hi Everyone,

On our original Phantom series thread we stated that there would be 4 models in our Phantom range.

As we have moved forward with our development we have made some changes that means we really needed a new thread of its own.

I have been fascinated will push pull set ups since I first seen/heard my brothers ICE set up and have been working on several designs and prototypes for some time.

I have not made mention of this as the results initially were mixed and not something that could be considered production worthy.

Now that we have our formula down we realised that we just couldn't go ahead with all of our proposed models as they would not have been as good as our new push/pull setup and so the Phantom Pure and Bass projects are now retired to a dusty cupboard.

However we now feel that our set-up is one amazing bit of kit and is at the pinnacle of what we can do with an IEM.

Our Phantom series is our top of the line range and we are so so sooooo very excited about these.

So lets introduce the final line up.

PHANTOM SABRE

Our Phantom Sabre is a dual driver push pull system featuring our titanium diaphragm drivers into a very compact and uber comfortable shell.

The Phantom Sabre will feature some of the following features:

* All aluminium shell
* Twin push/pull driver set up
* Titanium diaphragm drivers
* 2 Pin detachable cables x 3 (included as standard) 1 x standard Trinity multi-braid 1 x memory wire multi-braid 1 x Fabric cable with mic/remote
* 5 x tuning filters in standard length for shallow insertion and long length for deep insertion.
* OFC copper cables
* Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 6.3mm adapter, 9 choices of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, triple flange, S/M/L Memory foam

MSRP £95 - Available for pre-order now at a discounted price of £75.00

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS HERE

PHANTOM AIR - Wireless

Nothing has changed on this model from our first thread and nothing will change from her on in.

The Phantom Air is a completely wireless setup.

It will feature AptX codec for CD quality streaming from your device as well as a slim form factor in the ear.

The Phantom Air will also feature our Titanium diaphragm drivers for the best wireless sound around!

We are not focusing on added gimmicks like so many others, its all about the sound and fit and nothing more!

The Phantom Air will feature some of the following features:

* Aluminium and Plastic shell
* Titanium diaphragm drivers
* CSR BT chipset featuring AptX codec
* Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 9 choices of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, triple flange, S/M/L Memory foam
* 3 hour battery life with own pocket size charging case ( 70% charge in 30-40 mins)

MSRP £150 - (Kickstarter prices will start from £100.00)

PHANTOM MASTER 6 driver

The Phantom Master is the worlds first (to the best of our knowledge)push pull hybrid IEM. Incorporating our twin titanium diaphragm dynamic drivers with 2 dual balanced armatures.

The form factor will be very similar to our Sabre model and as such will offer great isolation along with elegant design and supreme comfort.

The Phantom Master will offer the most enjoyable yet technically superior sound signatures available!

The Phantom Master will feature some of the following features:

* All aluminium shell
* Worlds first push/pull hybrid
* Titanium diaphragm drivers + 4 BA
* 2 Pin detachable cables x 2 (included as standard) 1 x standard Trinity multi-braid 1 x memory wire multi-braid
* 5 x tuning filters in standard length for shallow insertion and long length for deep insertion.
* OFC copper cables
* Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 6.3mm adapter, 9 choices of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, triple flange, S/M/L Memory foam

MSRP £350.00 (Kickstarter pricing from £200.00)

PHANTOM MASTER 4 - NOW IN PRODUCTION

PHANTOM HUNTER -5 driver hybrid iem

Our Phantom Hunter is the pinnacle of what we can do with a universal in ear monitor.

CNC precision machined Titanium shells offer long term durability while retaining low wearing weight.

Careful selection of each material in our in ear monitors is just the start of the process. Each hand made Phantom Hunter is lovingly crafted to ensure the most exquisite listening experience we can offer.

The Phantom Hunter features our new dual coil Titanium driver as well as 4 balanced armatures using our unique armature chamber vectoring system to provide the most detail, imaging and refined high frequencies.

Each Phantom Hunter will include 2 of our Litz 8 wire copper cables for the ultimate Trinity cable to date.

Available in a choice of either anodised gunmetal finish or heat treated Titanium finish.

STRICTLY LIMITED TO 1000 UNITS PER ANNUM

SPECIFICATION

4 X BALANCED ARMATURES
1 X 7mm DUAL COIL TITANIUM DYNAMIC DRIVER
14 PAIRS OF TUNING FILTERS (IN REGULAR AND LONG SIZES)
8 WIRE LITZ PRO CABLES + OUR STANDARD MULTI-BRAID CABLES
LIMITED TO 1000 UNIQUE NUMBERED UNITS PER YEAR
12 PAIRS OF FILTER TIPS
6.3mm ADAPTER
PLANE ADAPTER
CARRY CASE
SPECIAL PHANTOM HUNTER OWNER PRIVILEGES

https://trinityaudioengineering.com/collections/phantom-series/products/phantom-hunter

Starting Monday 1st Febuary our pre-production Sabre prototypes will be shipped out to 3 forum members ( @Brooko , @twister6 and @Hisoundfi )for their evaluation, feedback and initials impressions.

We are now getting very excited for our kickstarter launch in APRIL and look forward to any questions you may have.

Cheers
Bob

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 24,683
Hi Bob, 1x Phantom Master to ship overseas to Miami Florida pls. My goal for March is to get in on the KS quick enough to ship in the first batch 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 24,683
Well this will save some money haha.

REALLY happy to see you mention the filters come in two lengths - my main criticism of the Atlas is that fit depth is limited. Ergonomically its a great fit, IF you have the right tips to get the depth you need - and for me, thats not any of the included tips. 

Confused about the Air though, you say nothing has changed but that was originally a dual BA, wasn't it?

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 24,683

REALLY happy to see you mention the filters come in two lengths - my main criticism of the Atlas is that fit depth is limited. Ergonomically its a great fit, IF you have the right tips to get the depth you need - and for me, thats not any of the included tips. 

Confused about the Air though, you say nothing has changed but that was originally a dual BA, wasn't it?

I immediately thought of your line of Atlas posts when I read that... Great example of them listening to feedback and acting on it :)

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 24,683

That feedback is what prompted the addition :wink:

The Air was always a dynamic. I have no love for single BA or dual BA used on their own :D

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 24,683
PHANTOM MASTER

* 2 Pin detachable cables x 2 (included as standard) 1 x standard Trinity multi-braid 1 x memory wire multi-braid
* Silver coated OFC copper cables

Cheers
Bob

Will you also offer non-silver OFC copper cables as a standalone add-on purchase?

For signal wiring I prefer pure copper or pure silver. (Although, I am aware that most of the current IEM cables available are SPC.)

Looking forward to March.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #10 of 24,683
Will you also offer non-silver OFC copper cables as a standalone add-on purchase?

For signal wiring I prefer pure copper or pure silver. (Although, I am aware that most of the current IEM cables available are SPC.)

Looking forward to March.

Thanks!

Those details are not final and are subject to change. So after more testing if we see no benefit we will just stay ofc.

** i have edited to just ofc until a final decision is made

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #13 of 24,683

I immediately thought of your line of Atlas posts when I read that... Great example of them listening to feedback and acting on it :)

Haha I don't think it was me; my original Atlas had a fault so I've only actually had a pair since last Monday. But that is my only issue with them really, I'm (even more) glad I got an FLC8 since they are the only tips I currently have that work. I'm thinking Sony hybrids, or Trinity hybrids if they eventuate some day, may work too, just gotta find some. 

That feedback is what prompted the addition
wink.gif

The Air was always a dynamic. I have no love for single BA or dual BA used on their own
biggrin.gif

That does seem more like you haha.

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #15 of 24,683

Haha I don't think it was me; my original Atlas had a fault so I've only actually had a pair since last Monday. But that is my only issue with them really, I'm (even more) glad I got an FLC8 since they are the only tips I currently have that work. I'm thinking Sony hybrids, or Trinity hybrids if they eventuate some day, may work too, just gotta find some. 

Sorry, I assumed it was you 
redface.gif
... I remember reading previously that another user on the forum was having similar issues and asking about longer filters... maybe it was RE: the Delta?

Either way, it's awesome to have more options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back