TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 30, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #17 of 24,683
Damn, was looking forward to seeing what a Trinity-made 6-BA was gonna be like. But I trust Bob's ability to make a good IEM so now I'll be looking forward to the Phantom Master!

@Bobtrinity, so since you listed the that the Phantom Master is gonna be similar in form factor to the Sabre, are you able to give any slight specifics? Like, by similar, is the Phantom Master only going to be slightly larger than the Sabre? And for reference, can you tell me what the diameter of the Sabre shell is?

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #18 of 24,683
Damn, was looking forward to seeing what a Trinity-made 6-BA was gonna be like. But I trust Bob's ability to make a good IEM so now I'll be looking forward to the Phantom Master!

@Bobtrinity
, so since you listed the that the Phantom Master is gonna be similar in form factor to the Sabre, are you able to give any slight specifics? Like, by similar, is the Phantom Master only going to be slightly larger than the Sabre? And for reference, can you tell me what the diameter of the Sabre shell is?

I will get back to you on Monday with some measurements.

The diameter will only be marginally bigger than the Sabre.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #19 of 24,683
Why do I feel like I'm going to get into trouble in here:smirk:

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #21 of 24,683
How can I say no to the Phantom??? Easy, I can't!

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #23 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity any chance these filters (specifically the long length) will retro-fit the atlas?  the sabre pic looks like the same design but possibly a wider diameter.  the delta filters are just too wide for me personally while the atlas filter's narrower diameter feel fine.

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #24 of 24,683
  Well this will save some money haha.

REALLY happy to see you mention the filters come in two lengths - my main criticism of the Atlas is that fit depth is limited. Ergonomically its a great fit, IF you have the right tips to get the depth you need - and for me, thats not any of the included tips. 

Confused about the Air though, you say nothing has changed but that was originally a dual BA, wasn't it?

It could have been me who mentioned the filter depth on the Atlas as I've been having some issues with fit and suggested that (being used to deeper fitting IEMs like some of the Etymotic range) it could be something to do with the length/width of the Atlas filters. It's great to see Bob listening to customer feedback, I always think that's the sign of an excellent company!

Sign me up for a pair of the Phantom Master 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #26 of 24,683
It would sure be nice if the longer filters fitted the Atlas' as that is my only concern with them. I am not used to a shallow insertion earphone and find it difficult to get a good seal without discomfort to my ear canals as I have to push them in as far as I can and can only use them for a limited time compared to my other items. Here's hoping. 
Bob, these are sure looking good mate and I can't wait to hear them.
Cheers from Oz.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #27 of 24,683
The Sabre STILL has my attention.  The new Master as well.  VERY interesting developments!

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #30 of 24,683
Wonder how the Phantom Master is compared to FLC8S.  Based on what I have read, Phantom Master will be a mixture of ATH-CKR10 and ATH-CK100 pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back