1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. genck
    yup, my favorite IEM

yorosello likes this.
  2. dharmasteve
    All based on the gold filter. On Monday I'm gonna swap them to the black filters and try and see the differences. Wanted to give enough time to get a real feel for the golds. At the moment 9 out of 10. Really have nothing negative to say at all.

3. RikudouGoku
    What are the Best hybrid drivers out there right now?

4. DynamicEars
    perhaps Tia Trio or Sony Z1R or EE Legend X or Jomo Trinity SS

KarmaPhala likes this.
  5. Slater
    The absolute best? What’s your budget? $1k? $3k? $10k? $50k?

HungryPanda, peter123 and citral23 like this.
  6. baskingshark
    Ah no wonder u said the Semkarch wasn't basshead. I dunno about your sonic preferences but the black filters are my go to due to the increased bass quantity. Like @BadReligionPunk , I'm a basshead, but I didn't need to EQ the bass frequencies once black filters were on.

Sadly, the Semkarch is no longer in production, and there's a flood of single DD CHIFI in the market these few months, with the BLON being the biggest hypetrain, so the Semkarch will probably not get the recognition it deserves. Though at the usual retail price of $95 USD, I would have skipped it for other single DD sets at the same price range.

Anyways, I saw a few AE shops having the same lucky bags for BF:
    Annotation 2019-12-02 103247.png

I'm quite interested in the 3 DD set. I have a feeling it will be the Kinboofi F60?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  7. Infoseeker
    Does the EJ07 count as top tier? Or is it not as fun sounding like the Legend X.

8. BadReligionPunk
    That would be my guess as well.

9. BadReligionPunk
    You know one thing I wish Chi-fi would work on is push pull twin dynamics. Audio Technica killed it a few years ago with some of the best sounding phones, but to my knowledge they were they only ones. Then it just died as hybrids took over.

baskingshark likes this.
  10. baskingshark
    Well the lucky bag above has a dual DD set in option C if u are keen to try.

I have a feeling it's quite hard to tune multiple DD well compared to multi BA/hybrids, hence single DDs are more common in CHIFI.
    I have the NiceHCK M6 (4 BA + 2 DD) and the dual DD bass is a big mess with the stock nozzles. Super boomy and not homogeneous with the mids/treble. Despite my basshead preferences I had to tone down the bass with a third party nozzle for the M6.

Probably CHIFI companies will spend less R&D/tuning costs sticking with single DDs and hybrids, though I'm also keen to see if they can do multi DD sets well.

11. Slater
    Isn’t Dunu’s new flagship a push-pull? I’m pretty sure I saw that recently.

If it’s not the new Dunu flagship, then it was an earphone I was just reading about in the last few weeks. It’s too hard to keep up with every new earphone release; it makes my head spin!

Update: I checked, and I was wrong. I was thinking of the new Dunu Luna, which is not a push pull but rather a rolled beryllium film driver. Dunu does have another new model that uses an isobaric dual dynamic driver. I guess I was thinking of a different earphone. I’m sure it will come to me

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    HungryPanda, Toastybob and superuser1 like this.
  12. CoFire
    I think the NX7 Pro is a push pull dual dynamic with other drivers of course.

13. vamsidhar57
    Hello all! Hope you had a good Black Friday buying time. Before the sale ends I am trying to purchase my first hifi iem within 100$, and TFZ No. 3 seems good in terms of sound quality (esp. bass) and looks!

But as @baskingshark stated in my other post, since my music taste is toward a little bit of everything (electronic, rock, pop, Indian regional), TRN V90 seems a better option since it has better technicalities than NO. 3 and it will be cheaper for me (im more happy that the risk is less). people who own both, what do you suggest me?

Thank you all!

14. RikudouGoku
    maximum 200 usd

15. PhonoPhi
    You thinking is correct :)
    Dunu DM-480 is the one "push-pull", I have seen ~$70 numbers from Dunu, but shipping late Dec.
    Here is new thread for new Dunu(s):
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dunu-dm-480-dm-380-impressions-thread.920370/

Toastybob and BadReligionPunk like this.