Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 1, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #28,846 of 33,689

Found these today. Hadn't really ever found a comfortable tip with them... The small Sedna Eartips however made them fit beautifully.

And boy, they're actually still pretty great!

Hurray!

Seems the same exact shell that use Radsone HE100...

Dec 1, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #28,847 of 33,689
Is it normal that my Faaeal Hibiscus sound better out of my Asus RoG Phone 2 than off of my Hiby R6 Pro...?

Has a much better timbre and decay tonality off my phone.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #28,849 of 33,689
Dec 1, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #28,851 of 33,689
Is it normal that my Faaeal Hibiscus sound better out of my Asus RoG Phone 2 than off of my Hiby R6 Pro...?

Has a much better timbre and decay tonality off my phone.

That bodes well for my use-case then ^_^

Dec 1, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #28,852 of 33,689
Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #28,853 of 33,689
Seems the same exact shell that use Radsone HE100...

I know, right? The sound profile is quite diffeent though... And these are literally made of wood! So.... Mad they're so similar.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #28,854 of 33,689
So Semkarch CNT1, a very capable natural sounding IEM. Not basshead.... but very solid bass with clear edges and slam without being diffuse or boomy, and the prominent midrange is quite forward in the mix. The highs are not as detailed as a BA, nevertheless the wonderful holistic, unveiled sound, makes this IEM, a listener and a keeper. If you can get this discounted at $40-50 it is a must, although at $100 I would probably look elsewhere....maybe at the Blon 03.

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #28,855 of 33,689
So Semkarch CNT1, a very capable natural sounding IEM. Not basshead.... but very solid bass with clear edges and slam without being diffuse or boomy, and the prominent midrange is quite forward in the mix. The highs are not as detailed as a BA, nevertheless the wonderful holistic, unveiled sound, makes this IEM, a listener and a keeper. If you can get this discounted at $40-50 it is a must, although at $100 I would probably look elsewhere....maybe at the Blon 03.

Which filters are u using? It is one level shy of bassheadery with black filters IMHO.
The bass is fast for a DD though, much faster than the BLONs.

I like that with the CNT1 on black filters, the lower mids are more prominent than upper mids, thus making male vocals more forward and the upper mids less screechy. This kind of lower mids > upper mids mix is not common in CHIFI sets. Very non fatiguing signature.

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #28,856 of 33,689
Which filters are u using? It is one level shy of bassheadery with black filters IMHO.

I like that with the CNT1 on black filters, the lower mids are more prominent than upper mids, thus making male vocals more forward and the upper mids less screechy. This kind of lower mids > upper mids mix is not common in CHIFI sets. Very non fatiguing signature.
Yeah, I think that's why I like the CNT1 so much as well. The mids are presented without that upper mid elevation that can become too much for my ears at times (TFZ models come to mind). Combining that aspect with the controlled, powerful bass and just enough treble sparkle makes the CNT1 a very fun and easy listen.

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #28,857 of 33,689

I think its on the line of basshead. A tiny little bit of EQ pushes it into basshead territory. I am completely satisfied with the bass quantity and I am a basshead. Great IEM.

Dec 1, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #28,858 of 33,689
Listening to my T2 Galaxy again & they did sound really damn good for the price imo. Mid was rather forward, bass is deep & punchy, plus the detail is also there. It a great deal as I only paid half of it's price

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #28,860 of 33,689

All based on the gold filter. On Monday I'm gonna swap them to the black filters and try and see the differences. Wanted to give enough time to get a real feel for the golds. At the moment 9 out of 10. Really have nothing negative to say at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back