Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 24, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #26,732 of 33,689
Yeah, agree, it`s annoying (not only his duplicate thread posts and his site, there are others too).

Someone should do a thread with links to different review sites (and info about head-fi/other sites nickname users related to those sites), so, that everyone can find one to follow&trust.

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #26,733 of 33,689
Quite a few reviewers cross post on this site are you going to report them all?

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #26,734 of 33,689
Head Fi posting rules:
Stop cross posting identical content over multiple threads. 3 threads same post...Annoying as hell and that is part of why it is an easy way to get banned.
Flagging your post. You do it often. Follow the rules please.

Quite a few reviewers cross post on this site are you going to report them all?

Not just reviewers. I often see other identical posts in several threads. The problem is that there are so many overlapping threads. I do not see a really good way to fix that.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #26,735 of 33,689
Not just reviewers. I often see other identical posts in several threads. The problem is that there are so many overlapping threads. I do not see a really good way to fix that.

There was a spam post count everything thread on the old Huddler platform but they don't have one it seems since. The posting of identical content on 1,2,3 different threads is simply not allowed.
That it happens is because people may not be aware and mods cannot do everything all the time. To answer your hubby, yes, I will flag it everytime I see it. The ones who require a warning will be noted and the ones who ignore that will probably get a ticket off the site.

I am not a great member but I try to be a good one. Let's all do what we can to not have attention drawn to threads we enjoy and police ourselves.

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #26,736 of 33,689
Is there any aftermarket cable that will fit flush like the stock one on the BL-03 does? KZ has at least 3 2 pin cable variants. A type seems to be the typical 2 pin used on most "older" earphones, it looks like it will fit on top of the Blon's proturding socket. C Type is used on newer earphones and it seems it wouldn't fit BL-03 at all. That leaves B type connector, has anyone tried them on the Blon??
Nicehck's NX7-type cables will fit the BL-03, but they'll leave a tiny bit of plastic on the protruding connector showing.

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #26,737 of 33,689
Nicehck's NX7-type cables will fit the BL-03, but they'll leave a tiny bit of plastic on the protruding connector showing.

A tiny bit showing with an angled connector would be acceptable. I can't stand visually how straight connectors fit on top of the proturding transparent thingy, maybe it does fit better but I don't like how it looks at all.

Manufacturers should stop making more and more different connector types, it's getting confusing.

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #26,738 of 33,689
Woooah, hold ya horses, Jurgen. The M6 lacks bass kick? Really? Try 'Novocaine' or 'Tundra' by Amber Rubarth...kicks like a mule (or am I mixing my quadrupeds!)

Well, if he was comparing he should have done it with the green or silver nozzle in, not the 3rd party. Even then though it would still be mushy bass compared to the V90 at least to my ears. The v90 has a quicker more defined bass. The only way to measure something like that would be the square wave tests that Tyll used to do at innerfidelity.

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-square-wave-response-page-2

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #26,739 of 33,689
Have you confirmed this with your own Blon BL-03s and an NX7 cable ?

Which NX7 terminated cable did you have success with ?

Before I committed to a straight, .78mm pin cable for my BL-03s, I tried one of Nicehck's new C16-3, NX7 cables and the sheath of the NX7 cable would not go over the protruding housing of the female receptacle on the Blons. The deal breaker is the composite of the respective sheaths on the cables. The Blon stock cable uses a soft, pliable sheath, which makes for a tight, surgical glove fit, over the protruding female connector. The Nicehck C16-3 has a rigid sheath (with no give) and the inner diameter isn't open enough to envelope the protruding connector on the BL-03.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #26,741 of 33,689
Have you confirmed this with your own Blon BL-03s and an NX7 cable ?

Which NX7 terminated cable did you have success with ?

Before I committed to a straight, .78mm pin cable for my BL-03s, I tried one of Nicehck's new C16-3, NX7 cables and the sheath of the NX7 cable would not go over the protruding housing of the female receptacle on the Blons. The deal breaker is the composite of the respective sheaths on the cables. The Blon stock cable uses a soft, pliable sheath, which makes for a tight, surgical glove fit, over the protruding female connector. The Nicehck C16-3 has a rigid sheath (with no give) and the inner diameter isn't open enough to envelope the protruding connector on the BL-03.
This was with the cable which comes with the NX7.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #26,742 of 33,689
Is it ok to burn pink noise then white noise?

If you burn in using rainbow noise, you don’t have to do the separate burn in using pink and white noise. One noise and you’re ready to go!

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #26,744 of 33,689
they are good with everything, excel with electronic music - Boards Of Canada, Plaid, Squarepusher just to name a few of my favorites, on high volume of course for those wizards

+1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back