Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 23, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #26,717 of 33,689
Yeah as @BadReligionPunk said taobao and ebay still have cheap sets (aliexpress is totally sold out and it's no more in production, i have asked most of the prominent audio shops on AE).
Semkarch is good, i just got my set this week, but it is not basshead in quantity of bass. (Maybe with EQ it can be basshead but even with black filters it is maybe two levels away from jaw rattling bass).

Actually do u wanna a listen to iems that I have ordered? I won't have time for them and I would be back in sg for a night on the 26 of Oct. U can listen to everything I have just bought. And return them when I m back in Nov haha.

Lz a6 mini - arrived
Cnt 1 - arrived
Bl03 - on the way
C12 - arrived
VE bonus ie - on the way
T260 - to be ordered
T180 - with me
C16 - with me
Nuforce hem1 - with me
Tri i4 - with me

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #26,718 of 33,689
My Semkarch CNT-1 just arrived. It has Chinese/English instructions, and recommends a burn-in period with white noise of 24 hours, and then pink noise for 10 hours. It says that the standard burn-in time is 100-200 hours.

I'm going to see if I can put it on white noise until I get up in the morning.

Sep 24, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #26,720 of 33,689
My Semkarch CNT-1 just arrived. It has Chinese/English instructions, and recommends a burn-in period with white noise of 24 hours, and then pink noise for 10 hours. It says that the standard burn-in time is 100-200 hours.

:confused:I've never seen specific burn in instructions like that.... Crazy. Especially if they present it like it's anything other than a suggestion.... Because whatever man!

Sep 24, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #26,721 of 33,689

Completely pointless. They sound great out of the box.

Sep 24, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #26,722 of 33,689

Completely pointless. They sound great out of the box.

By the time the 200 hours of burn in is completed, the next budget hypetrain CHIFI would have arrived LOL.

BTW, I'm a believer in burn in for DDs, but the CNT1 sounded very good to me out of the box.

Sep 24, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #26,725 of 33,689
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #26,726 of 33,689
How do you keep it to not rotate? Have the same cable, but the rotation around the mmcx connector is really annoying...
The Blon BL-03 is a .78 mm, 2 pin connection; so it can't rotate.

For MMCX connections you can look at it's unhindered ability to rotate as either an annoyance or a good thing, where it's a good thing (for me) is with preformed, over ear hooks. Sometimes with a 2 pin connection, the curvature of the wire will stick out from my ear. Which will lead to the wire slipping off of my ear; I've never had this issue with an MMCX.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #26,727 of 33,689
The Blon BL-03 is a .78 mm, 2 pin connection; so it can't rotate.

For MMCX connections you can look at it's unhindered ability to rotate as either an annoyance or a good thing, where it's a good thing (for me) is with preformed, over ear hooks. Sometimes with a 2 pin connection, the curvature of the wire will stick out from my ear. Which will lead to the wire slipping off of my ear; I've never had this issue with an MMCX.

Yes, I meant that I have the same cable as MMCX variant. However, some of my MMCX cables rotate, but are kinda stiff, which still can be controlled. With this one, it's very easily rotated on it's own.

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #26,728 of 33,689
Is there any aftermarket cable that will fit flush like the stock one on the BL-03 does? KZ has at least 3 2 pin cable variants. A type seems to be the typical 2 pin used on most "older" earphones, it looks like it will fit on top of the Blon's proturding socket. C Type is used on newer earphones and it seems it wouldn't fit BL-03 at all. That leaves B type connector, has anyone tried them on the Blon??

Sep 24, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #26,729 of 33,689
Is there any aftermarket cable that will fit flush like the stock one on the BL-03 does? KZ has at least 3 2 pin cable variants. A type seems to be the typical 2 pin used on most "older" earphones, it looks like it will fit on top of the Blon's proturding socket. C Type is used on newer earphones and it seems it wouldn't fit BL-03 at all. That leaves B type connector, has anyone tried them on the Blon??
Not yet. When I swapped out the stock cable for an aftermarket, I wasn't fond of the look, on the Blon BL-03. Below is a link to my 1st attempt at using some heat shrink tubing, to give the aftermarket cable a bit more of a factory look.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1781#post-15205087

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #26,730 of 33,689

Is it ok to burn pink noise then white noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back