Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 11, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #23,596 of 33,689
HiFi Boy OS V3 delivered today.

First impressions:

Superb build quality, with the same acrylic resin used on Custom IEMs. Flexible cable, with zero microphonics.

Great natural, smooth, musical sound. Absolutely non-fatiguing, no problems with sibilance/harshness. Very good for long-listening sessions.

I will post a complete review soon.

Some Updates About the OS V3:

The more a listen to it, more I make sure that the sound is exactly what I described.

I listened to my cousin's OS V3 last year, side by side with a Westone UM PRO 50. I found OS V3 better overall. This was what motivated me to buy it (months later).

Until then, I had never tested any IEM that had a Frequency Curve similar to the Harman Target. I even doubted the Harman Target was that good...

1 month ago, I received the Sony Mh1c, which has a frequency curve very similar to Harman and had been listening to it daily. Since yesterday, I've been comparing it to OS V3 and my conclusion is that Harman Target is REAL.

The sony has more realistic, more faithful, mids than OS V3. The highs are a little bit more elevated, but are also more realistics.

If I found the OS V3 better than the UM PRO 50 and found the MH1C better than the OS V3, then, obviously, I found the MH1C better than the Westone UM PRO 50 ... (USD $ 15 vs 650).

A Tanchjim Cora is coming in the next two weeks. Knowing that it follows the Harman Target and having the Frequency Curve almost identical to that of the Moondrop Kanas Pro, I'm guessing it's going to be better than Sony.

It is gonna be difficult, from now on, to I Buy an IEM that does not follow the Harman Target or something like the Etymotic's Frequency Curve.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #23,597 of 33,689
I think you are referring to the standard No.3 review. I prefer No.3 bass as compared to the Queen due to the expression being more nimble. The picture is the Ti version of No.3. Thank you for reading! Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)
Got it. There is both a TFZ 3 and a TFZ 3 Ti. You have reviewed the TFZ 3, but not the TFZ 3 Ti on your site.

May 11, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #23,598 of 33,689
My review of the Simgot EM1 is up on Head-Fi and my blog.
Bonus graph of the EM1 vs. the similarly priced KZ AS10:
EM1 vs AS10.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #23,599 of 33,689
Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #23,600 of 33,689
Thanks for review. F3 is probably not for my ears & gear. JVC-FD02 (modded) is top of my next IEM list and until I have money for that, will stay happily with KPE :)

I do remember Crinacle really disliked the FD01 and some user said it's leaner than KPE (stock) so it was a real disappointment for me. But do you know how's the mod that people are performing on FD02? I know there's one famous for FD01 which makes sense since it has interchangeable nozzles so you can play with tuning material inside and adjust it easier but FD02 the nozzle is fixed, right?

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #23,601 of 33,689
Thanks for review. F3 is probably not for my ears & gear. JVC-FD02 (modded) is top of my next IEM list and until I have money for that, will stay happily with KPE :)
they are very intense, i made the last comments on the treble response in red color, i want everyone to know exactly what kind of animal is that, i will use them only with acoustic and classical music
the KP is a lot more musical and better all rounder, they will be better for most people
only the detail freaks and treble heads will pick up the F3 instead

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #23,602 of 33,689
I do remember Crinacle really disliked the FD01 and some user said it's leaner than KPE (stock) so it was a real disappointment for me. But do you know how's the mod that people are performing on FD02? I know there's one famous for FD01 which makes sense since it has interchangeable nozzles so you can play with tuning material inside and adjust it easier but FD02 the nozzle is fixed, right?
they are modifying the removable nozzle, putting materials inside like a foam to remove the treble peak
here is the effect of different modifying materials inside the nozzle
SBHJ6RW.jpg

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #23,606 of 33,689
I keep reading people calling the kanas pro as following the harman curve. It has a chunk out of the treble that I would say makes it follow a standard curve (chi-fi curve) many do, but not really Harman. The Sony MH755 is much much closer but with a bass boost, the Moondrop A8 follows it, and from what I have seen lately, the Smigot EN700 pro follows it pretty close too. I own both the KPE and the Sony MH755 and MH1C, for what it is worth, and you can hear the extra treble energy on the MH755 that makes it more energetic than the KPE. I like them both though depending on what mood I am in.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #23,607 of 33,689
I keep reading people calling the kanas pro as following the harman curve. It has a chunk out of the treble that I would say makes it follow a standard curve (chi-fi curve) many do, but not really Harman. The Sony MH755 is much much closer but with a bass boost, the Moondrop A8 follows it, and from what I have seen lately, the Smigot EN700 pro follows it pretty close too. I own both the KPE and the Sony MH755 and MH1C, for what it is worth, and you can hear the extra treble energy on the MH755 that makes it more energetic than the KPE. I like them both though depending on what mood I am in.
For me, It is obvious that the Kanas Pro is closer to the Harman Target that the majority of IEMs around. If you compare it to the SE846, CA Andro, or any CA, 64 audio, JH Audio, Unique Melody, Noble, KZ... I agree that the Mh750, for an example, is more close than the Kanas, but it doesn't change the fact that the KPE is close.

In fact I didn't read the Harman papers about the Harman IEM curve, but I have the suspect that the Harman IEM Target is almost just the Compensation Curve for Iem resulted by the interactions of the resonances caused by Pinna and the resonances caused by the ear Chanel, plus the elevation on bass.

This curve was the inspiration for the Sony MH1C and the MH750. Both Sony(s) were released in 2012, the first Harman OE Curve is from 2013 and the First IEM curve is from 2016...

I think that Moondrop maybe follows a different curve inspired by this Compensation Curve for the human ear, that is much older than the Harman. The same can be told for the Tanchjim Cora or Oxygen and the Final E5000.

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #23,609 of 33,689
Sure, I know that but my question is about the FD02's mod since I think the nozzle in this model isn't removable. (or is it?)
Take a look at Japanese IEM thread. You`ll find a simple mod for FD02 plus FR comparison graph to stock :wink:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/japanese-brand-iem-thread.906467/#post-14947535
they are very intense, i made the last comments on the treble response in red color, i want everyone to know exactly what kind of animal is that, i will use them only with acoustic and classical music
the KP is a lot more musical and better all rounder, they will be better for most people
only the detail freaks and treble heads will pick up the F3 instead
Thanks for honest opinion on F3. Will save money for some :wink:

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #23,610 of 33,689

@darmanastartes , what do You think about Simgot MT3 vs. KPE ? Are they similar sounding? How`s the SQ difference?

I don't have the KPE. I just got the Tanchjim Oxygen a few days ago. Is that what you meant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back