Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 10, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #23,566 of 33,689
I received the Tanchjim Oxygen yesterday.
I've listened to them for a few hours. First impressions are very positive. Clean, fast and airy. Highly resolving, revealing of poorly recorded material.
Graphs and comparisons below:
Tanchjim Oxygen

Tanchjim Oxygen vs Simgot EM1

Tanchjim Oxygen vs Nicehck M6 (aka BGVP DMG)

As always, my measurements were conducted with a Dayton iMM-6 microphone using a vinyl tubing coupler and a calibrated USB sound interface. There is a resonance peak between 7-10k. The measurements are presented with 1/24th smoothing and without compensation. Measurements above 10k are not reliable.
My review of the Simgot EM1 will be up on Head-Fi and my blog this weekend.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #23,567 of 33,689
For those interested, Unboxing & Quick Impression of BGVP DMS. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Quick Impression
A step up from the DMG with a lighter bass presentation, clearer midrange and airier treble expression. There is an effective amount of space rendered without feeling dense. Don't really fancy the DMG due to the heavy mid-bass that gives a bloated feeling but the DMS is an easy recommendation.

photo_2019-05-10_21-40-27 (2).jpg

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #23,568 of 33,689
I'd really like to see a Japanese IEMs Thread.
Why not making one? I do not even know japanese IEMs.

Could someone here mention a very affordable (like 30$) pair of japanese stuff? I'm curious to see.
funny that a few pages back someone mention Intime Sora Light iem from Japan and it pique my interest that I ordered one myself. Its almost exlusive to Japan market though. Cost around 35-40usd.

May 10, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #23,569 of 33,689
Congrats on your purchase, they're beautiful!! I have had these in my purchase cart for months and just haven't pulled the trigger for some reason. Do you feel that these sound better than the nine tails? I know sound is personal, but I'm just interested in any kind of comparison that you may be able to help me with.

I could try to compare in a few days if you tell me which filter combination to use on the Nine Tail to use for the comparison. I am not going to do all nine However, because I love most of my gear I tend to think of things just being different rather than better or worse...especially when comparing two IEMs that are already excellent. BTW I find both to be comfortable.

May 10, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #23,570 of 33,689
No, I had just meant I might not need more bags of tips because I do not want to buy more iems, being well satisfied by my new IDUN (Kinera IDUN IEM). I thought I posted a picture in here but maybe I didn't.

One of the stock tip options are on it in that photo but I have since switched to Starlines.

10285580.jpg

I just realized the reason for your confusion. The Spinfits are made by DUNU.

Pod just stopped in to say them sure are PURDY:yum: I may be just a wee bit more partial to the black 16 core and Auvio's but you have excellent taste:grin:

IDUN 16.JPG

You say Chinese Asian do ya, would this setup qualify?

Balanced Bronco.JPG

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #23,571 of 33,689
Man where the heck are all the reviews for the JVC HA-FXH30? I can only find B9Scrambler's review, he can't possibly be the only one who has reviewed them...
i think i did a quickie on the old aproear site--i liked 'em. to my recollection they were v-shaped with a very wide stage; the bass was big but a little slow but pretty natural sounding overall.

May 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #23,572 of 33,689
Man where the heck are all the reviews for the JVC HA-FXH30? I can only find B9Scrambler's review, he can't possibly be the only one who has reviewed them...

There might be some Japanese reviews. Otherwise, mine is all you get.

well they definitely arent chinese. At the rate japanese are catching up with super cool sounding high-end iems and mid-fi iems, I feel that someone should open up a japanese iem thread. Anyone?? :D

I'm pretty sure Japan is in Asia and as this is the Chinese/Asian brand thread I don't see the problem.....

Yeah, the thread used to be Chinese IEMs. Then the same exact argument about Japan (and maybe Singapore if I remember correctly) came up about 2 years ago. So the thread was changed to include all of Asia.

Except that Japanese products are usually generalized as highest quality and I tend to agree with that. Imo, china-made and japan-made don`t fit in same sentence if You know what I mean and I personally would like to see thread with 100% Japan and Korean made IEMs/headphones, but that`s just me :)

Could someone here mention a very affordable (like 30$) pair of japanese stuff? I'm curious to see.

10254274.jpg

_-5_38.jpg

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/japanese-brand-iem-thread.906467/

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #23,573 of 33,689
May 10, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #23,575 of 33,689

Take a look at intime IEMs. Also Co-Donguris!

And Final E2k/E1k/E3k are kinda affordable I guess. :)

May 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #23,577 of 33,689
Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #23,579 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back