Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 10, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #23,581 of 33,689
Those Intime Sora's look a lot like the old Trinity Hyperions

Hmm, does seem so eh! Sora's might be a scooch longer:thinking: Their cable seems reminiscent of the latter TA cables to me as well! Oh Bob:smirk:

41y6orVj1DL.jpg

May 10, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #23,582 of 33,689
May 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #23,583 of 33,689
Truth is they sound as pleasant as they look.

One more time....

I'll have to photograph my second re-cabled pair and at some point post a pic of those as well.

Does the re-cabling improve the sound in any way?

May 10, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #23,586 of 33,689
Does the re-cabling improve the sound in any way?

It does, depend on what cable you're using of course, like silver cable made overall tonality a little bit brighter than copper. And impedance also. But only slight different, can't even tell if not properly A-B ing. For me, the main purposes of recable are stronger cable if the original ones are fragile like MH755, or imbalance length between left / right cable aka J shaped cable, or prone to tangled cable which are really disturbing.

May 10, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #23,587 of 33,689
HiFi Boy OS V3 delivered today.

First impressions:

Superb build quality, with the same acrylic resin used on Custom IEMs. Flexible cable, with zero microphonics.

Great natural, smooth, musical sound. Absolutely non-fatiguing, no problems with sibilance/harshness. Very good for long-listening sessions.

I will post a complete review soon.

IMG_20190510_153840394.jpg
IMG_20190510_153903388.jpg
IMG_20190510_154006010_HDR.jpg

May 10, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #23,588 of 33,689
OK first impressions of the NICEHCK F3 - the bass is very flat, there is no boost anywhere, the bass is so fast and tight that it sound like BA bass with one very important difference, you will get all the texture and details that a good DD bass is famous for, lower mids are flat as a board, there is no warmth or thickness, upper mids are forward (think Ety ER4S) extremely clean sounding, never heard anything like it, maybe Ortofon Q5 but cleaner, treble have some brightness, again extremely clean and realistic, very high quality treble, the imaging is razor sharp and precise, the soundstage is wide similar to Kanas Pro, detail retrieval - over the top, i have to make comparison with the ER4S later, it will show you every flaw from a bad recording, every note of overcooked bass, every note of compressed dirty sounding treble, with good recording you will be rewarded with incredible amount of details
that is a new tuning for hybrid, most of them are forced, boosted in the bass and treble, here is something different and rare, i hope that more chi fi will take that direction
that is it for now

I wrote up some notes on my F3, which arrived 3 days ago:

Burn in noticeable - already better after a couple of hours. Tips: came with 3 sizes of silicon, middle size installed. The nozzles on these F3 are large and I had a little discomfort in the ear, swapped out the tip with some small foam ones which helped.

Listen to with:
RME ADI-2 DAC/headphone amp
Piano solo sounds amazing. Mids with voice exquisite so clean.
Not for bass heads. But even clear balanced sound. Lots of air space but not bright or edgy
Sound stage great.

The 20hz limit at the bottom actually rounds off a little sooner

With Schiit Yggdrasil dac and Ragnarok amp (source Roon)
Warmer richer sound over all. I liked this pairing best. The detail and so attractive - I was floored. Now after several days they sound better and better,

May 11, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #23,589 of 33,689
I wrote up some notes on my F3, which arrived 3 days ago:

Burn in noticeable - already better after a couple of hours. Tips: came with 3 sizes of silicon, middle size installed. The nozzles on these F3 are large and I had a little discomfort in the ear, swapped out the tip with some small foam ones which helped.

Listen to with:
RME ADI-2 DAC/headphone amp
Piano solo sounds amazing. Mids with voice exquisite so clean.
Not for bass heads. But even clear balanced sound. Lots of air space but not bright or edgy
Sound stage great.

The 20hz limit at the bottom actually rounds off a little sooner

With Schiit Yggdrasil dac and Ragnarok amp (source Roon)
Warmer richer sound over all. I liked this pairing best. The detail and so attractive - I was floored. Now after several days they sound better and better,
agree for most of your thoughts, however i think they are bright sounding, the treble has similar quantity to TRN V80, much better quality though

May 11, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #23,590 of 33,689
The TFZ No.3 Ti is the best sounding iem from TFZ to date. It is in a different league. Crisp, clear and clean. Highly recommended. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

IMG_20190511_214923_426.jpg

May 11, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #23,592 of 33,689
The TFZ No.3 Ti is the best sounding iem from TFZ to date. It is in a different league. Crisp, clear and clean. Highly recommended. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Can you check your writeup on the comparison with the TFZ Queen, especially in the bass section? It is unclear which one you prefer. Otherwise, a great review.

May 11, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #23,593 of 33,689
HiFi Boy OS V3 delivered today.

First impressions:

Superb build quality, with the same acrylic resin used on Custom IEMs. Flexible cable, with zero microphonics.

Great natural, smooth, musical sound. Absolutely non-fatiguing, no problems with sibilance/harshness. Very good for long-listening sessions.

I will post a complete review soon.

If I ever get another IEM in this price range it might have to be this one:) Have read good things and it looks beautiful. I just wish that there would be a sale price sometime.

May 11, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #23,595 of 33,689
Can you check your writeup on the comparison with the TFZ Queen, especially in the bass section? It is unclear which one you prefer. Otherwise, a great review.
I think you are referring to the standard No.3 review. I prefer No.3 bass as compared to the Queen due to the expression being more nimble. The picture is the Ti version of No.3. Thank you for reading! Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back