Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 13, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #23,627 of 33,689
@Slater I think it was you who discovered some larger than average eartips on AE? If so then thanks a bunch. Mine finally arrived and they are really fantastic! I was sceptical about the size but they are legit. If anyone else finds the regular "Large" to be pixie-sized you should definitely grab some of these. For comparison here are some shots next to Large *cough* Starlines and Whirlwinds plus some generic AE foams.

20190513_234246.jpg 20190513_234234.jpg

May 13, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #23,628 of 33,689
@Slater I think it was you who discovered some larger than average eartips on AE? If so then thanks a bunch. Mine finally arrived and they are really fantastic! I was sceptical about the size but they are legit. If anyone else finds the regular "Large" to be pixie-sized you should definitely grab some of these. For comparison here are some shots next to Large *cough* Starlines and Whirlwinds plus some generic AE foams.

Can you mention the brand name, and provide a link? Thanks!

May 13, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #23,629 of 33,689

No problem! Glad they’ve worked for our large-eared friends :)

Also if you haven’t tried it already, doing the Flip Tip mod to a L Starline might be another option:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/

May 13, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #23,630 of 33,689
May 13, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #23,631 of 33,689
MH1C follows diffuse field curve like ER4 series probably because there was no alternative at the time like you state.

Mh1C follows the compensation curve (Pinna and Ear Canal Resonance). And Etymotic, although they talk about the Diffuse-field in their site, they make research tro, and if you compare the curve that they use looks a lot more the compensation curve for human ears, than the Dr curve. You can check it:

Curve that MH1C follows:

http://www.inearmatters.net/2012/10/behind-scene-sony-mh1-r-story.html?m=1

Curve that Etymotic maybe follows (watch the video until 4:40.):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cymbac...n-teaches-us-about-iem-design-and-tuning/amp/

HRTF compensation curve, Etymotic Curve, and DF curve, for comparation:

Screenshot_20190512-035804.png

images (3).png

images (2).png

Moondrop Kanas Pro has a chunk missing (~-10db) from 4.5-8 Khz, and given that our hearing is sensitive to treble changes, I stand by my comment that I would not call it Harman tuning. Haman curve with freehand drawing of KP in red taken from headflux graph and other public measurements. I correct my previous statement it is not the A8, but the Blessing that follows Harman curve with an ever so slight dip in the same region.

The Blessing and A8 have almost the same curve, the "real" difference is the bass:
Screenshot_20190513-140144.png

Screenshot_20190513-135924~2.png

Source:

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.n...=221407815438&referrerCode=0&searchKeyword=A8

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.n...7224571&referrerCode=0&searchKeyword=Blessing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190513-135924.png
    Screenshot_20190513-135924.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 0
May 13, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #23,632 of 33,689
I've been wondering about this one. No one has really mentioned it. Be sure to let us know what you think when it arrives!

I've also been wondering about the Tennmak Orca. I haven't seen a single word uttered about that on HeadFi.
Slater! Did you ever pick up the Orca? Feedback? I just ordered it yesterday with a balanced cable. Got the cable, but still waiting on the earbuds!

upload_2019-5-13_13-41-46.png

May 13, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #23,633 of 33,689
Slater! Did you ever pick up the Orca? Feedback? I just ordered it yesterday with a balanced cable. Got the cable, but still waiting on the earbuds!

No, I have so much other stuff the Orca totally slipped my mind!

You’ll have to let us know how you like it when it arrives :)

May 13, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #23,634 of 33,689

I'll jump in since @Slater hasn't tried them. I found the Orca to be a pretty typical V signature with a good bit of source dependence. Pair them with something a bit dry and slightly bright and they are at their best. When paired with a warmer source, they get a bit thick in the low end.

W

May 15, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #23,638 of 33,689
Yeah i know but most of the time my ear fit to the spinfit the best. I also try the Final E but not quite airy in comparison to spinfit and i hate wearing foam típ :D Thank you for your opinion, i will try other like Spiral Dot or Symbio if i got a chance
...Don't forget Auvio silicone ear tips, if it's on your short list. :ksc75smile:

May 15, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #23,639 of 33,689
Received my Bqeyz KB100 this week, after three days of playtime, these earphones are not the routine chifi stuff. It's USP is fatigue free listening. Smooth+almost balanced tone+timbre makes listening sessions quite fascinating. Balanced/Neutral signature lovers should definitely gives this a try. Treble is slightly mellowed with silver plated cable I got from penon as a free gift. Stock cable performs better those earhooks are a pain. I've been using them Spiral dots+my audio modded smartphone. They soundly totally V-shaped with stock ear tips. Tip rolling and vent taping allows tweaking SS to one's liking. Spiral dots elevate mid+soundstage considerably over stock tips and secure seal gives bass oomph and rumble.

Coming from CCA, KZ, and that under $20 piezo maniac these have a different feel to it. C10 seems closest in terms of signature and performance but KB100 beats it in the low end. Piezomainacs although sound more airy+have natural-esque mids than KB100. Zsn is a different beast and pound for pound it doesn't stand a chance against any one of the above listed IEMs. But I still love them to the bits because of the fun factor and the price to quality ratio. They're not perfect but enchanting.

Although these are my initial impressions and it may change after cable rolling as I might swap it for a cable with mic. Overall, for $50, it's punt worth taking. Don't how it fares against T2 or T2pro but BQEYZ is a brand which I will always have on my watchlist. They have something unique about them.

May 16, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #23,640 of 33,689
Yesterday I got the **** and Moondrop Crescent. Kinera Idun will arive tomorrow or the day after.
I've got to say, I'm as impressed with the Crescent as I am disappointed by the ****.

The Crescent ootb is really detailed, bright and full sounding (might be too bright, time will tell) they beat my ZS5v1 in midpresentation, not in lows or highs though.The fit is meh unfortunatelly. Worn overear the cable slips around and it's prone to getting caught while moving since it's so rubbery.
I've been repelled by the muddy mids of the **** though the bass had a good rumble. But since I was really put off by them, they straight up went on the burner. I don't have high hopes for them though, because they would need to change drastically to be to my liking. (Love my orchestral tracks with lots of violins. I tested with 'Two steps from Hell - Canon in D Minor'
for those who are interested. Not the best mastered track ever, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it with my ZS5v1 )

Now I'm really exited for what the Idun will be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back