CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 5, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #16,681 of 31,833
The **** sounds like everything is being filtered through a pair of socks. I tried different tips, I tried a different cable, god help me I even tried burn-in. Nothing helped.

Good build quality, though. They took a remarkable amount of force to crush in the vice so I guess that's a positive.

Is there a chance they were out of phase?

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #16,683 of 31,833
@jekostas dang, might be a case of poor QC. i've heard good things abt them and similarly good things from them

Mar 5, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #16,684 of 31,833
Looking for something with the best noise-isolation possible under $30ish because I wanna use them on a bus which is loud. Don't care much about sound quality because I'll try to listen to them as quiet as possible on the bus and not at home so that's why I wanna keep it under budget. For sound signature, as long as it's bright and not bass-heavy then it's fine.

I have Einsear T2s, KZ EDR-1s, and Remax RM-610Ds (which sound really nice and are not bass heavy) but none of them have good noise isolation and the Einsear's also have a bigger nozzle which isn't good for my small ears. These three also all have a problem with the wire, it picks up microphonics which is annoying on a shaky bus.
U can try wearing the cables over ear, microphonics will be reduced.

The Tennmak Piano (single DD) is small, and they seal really well and cheap too but u will need to get a seperate MMCX cable. Otherwise its brother, the Tennmak Pro is good too (double DD, darker signature, might not suit ur taste) but they have longer nozzles which may be a bad fit for u. Otherwise the MEMT X5 (single DD, darker signature) is also small, but they need to be worn over ears and switched sides. Seems like hybrids might be better for u since u prefer a brighter signature :thinking:

Mar 5, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #16,685 of 31,833
Looking for something with the best noise-isolation possible under $30ish because I wanna use them on a bus which is loud. Don't care much about sound quality because I'll try to listen to them as quiet as possible on the bus and not at home so that's why I wanna keep it under budget. For sound signature, as long as it's bright and not bass-heavy then it's fine.

I have Einsear T2s, KZ EDR-1s, and Remax RM-610Ds (which sound really nice and are not bass heavy) but none of them have good noise isolation and the Einsear's also have a bigger nozzle which isn't good for my small ears. These three also all have a problem with the wire, it picks up microphonics which is annoying on a shaky bus.
KZ ZS4 is by far the best isolating IEMs I have, and I know others here have said the same. They do have very strong bass performance, so I'm not sure if the tuning would be to your liking. They isolate so well that you could listen to them at a reasonable volume on the bus and probably won't be overwhelmed by the bass performance.

There are plenty of reviews of the ZS4 floating around, you could take a look at them and see if you think the sound signature would work out for you.

Edit: the stock cable that comes with it was also very uncomfortable for me until I ripped out the memory guide wires, so there's that to consider as well.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #16,686 of 31,833
Mar 5, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #16,687 of 31,833
Would I be right in assuming the CCA C10 uses a KZ "Para-A" connector?

Edit : and does it have a short nozzle ? I get a good fit with the KZ ZSR but not with the ZSA.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #16,688 of 31,833
Mar 5, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #16,690 of 31,833
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #16,692 of 31,833
Shame about the BQ3. Whats the postage to Estonia from where you are? Maybe @CoiL could fix em for you? LOL. Maybe you could open them up and try yourself. I have been wondering what kind of BA they are using in their IEMS. That treble is definite step up from KZ/CCA.
I`m not sure I could help him. There seems to be something defective or elements are un-balanced and out of tune.
My exhaustive review of the ****

CpUtwR5.jpg
CiSo2I6.jpg

TL;dr
Negative 5 out of 5 stars, would crush in a vice again
LMAO!

Poor You though, seems it was a REALLY BAD pair You got ;(

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #16,693 of 31,833
Haven't purchased any IEMs since my almost simultaneous purchases of **** and C10 few months ago.

I keep switching between the too every other week. I love how comfortable and fun and sonically accurate C10 sound. But then I get a bit overwhelmed and switch to **** and get blown away by soundstage, detail and instrument separation and neutrality. But then I get a bit underwhelmed with analytical'ity of **** (and frankly they are not most comfortable pair with short nozzles and heavy weight) and switch back to C10 for some fun, and then it starts all over again.

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #16,694 of 31,833
The more I listen to the **** and compare them to others, like the Artiste DC1 for example, the more I notice how the timbre of male vocals on the **** is just soooo off. They all sounds same-y warm, a bit tinny and... well, just off.

Switching from the **** to the DC1 and it feels vocals immediately come alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back