CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 6, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #12,931 of 31,833
I’ll try some foam tips when I tip roll. Glad you like them without the filter. It adds just the right amount of treble sizzle to balance out the elevated low end.

Here’s a photo of these small wonders next to a AA battery and a US dime.

Anyone remember micro machines toy cars from the 80s? I think the same company that made those made this IEM haha

It looks like they were inspired by the design from the Klipsch X11:

IMG_20180906_205458.jpg

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #12,932 of 31,833
**MINI RANT INCOMING**

yqwMkFe.jpg

LOL look what we have here, yet another shameless American ripoff of a well-known chi-fi model: the Tennmak Banjo.

Here's what the banjo looks like:
1467670267350023979.jpg

And if it was a quality rip-off then obviously that's okay, but after hearing other earphones from this brand, I am 99.99% sure that the drivers—like all their other models—are not even placed properly, meaning that all you will hear is an insane reverberation of low-mids that will literally give you a headache. Like hell, even Tennmak Banjo's clone—the QKZ DM3—sounds 10x better then the garbage this American brand spews out for the mere sake of profit.

BTW I found this in Winners/Marshall's, so for all you Canadians I'd avoid buying any earphones from this store like the plague (with the exception of well-known brands ofc).

Also I'd avoid buying any "Wick'd" branded earphones as well. You'll typically see them selling for cheap in places like Walmart, but they are also garbage: 100% bass, 0% clarity.

**MINI RANT OVER**

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #12,933 of 31,833
**MINI RANT INCOMING**

yqwMkFe.jpg

LOL look what we have here, yet another shameless American ripoff of a well-known chi-fi model: the Tennmak Banjo.

1467670267350023979.jpg

And if it was a quality rip-off then obviously that's okay, but after hearing other earphones from this brand, I am 99.99% sure that the drivers—like all their other models—are not even placed properly, meaning that all you will hear is an insane reverberation of low-mids that will literally give you a headache. Like hell, even Tennmak Banjo's clone—the QKZ DM3—sounds 10x better then the garbage this American brand spews out for the mere sake of profit.

BTW I found this in Winners/Marshall's, so for all you Canadians I'd avoid buying any earphones from this store like the plague (with the exception of well-known brands ofc).

Also I'd avoid buying any "Wick'd" branded earphones as well. You'll typically see them selling for cheap in places like Walmart, but they are also garbage: 100% bass, 0% clarity.

**MINI RANT OVER**

Probably QC rejects from Tennmak, sold off really cheap!

In any event, what does Polaroid even do nowadays? They still do camera stuff?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #12,934 of 31,833
Probably QC rejects from Tennmak, sold off really cheap!

I’m any event, what does Polaroid even do nowadays? They still do camera stuff?

I think they have batteries...

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #12,935 of 31,833
They are so far apart in signature that it is hard to realistically compare them. To my ear, the v80 is very V shaped while the K2 is near neutral and the KC2 even more so.

v80
+ good detail resolution
+ good bass extension
- odd timbre at times
- hyper aggressive treble that distorts at times

While not my personal tastes, those that listen to fast genres with lots of bass and aggressive styling may find the detail level and speed of the v80 appealing.

k2/kc2
+ good bass extension and control
+ near ruler flat sound profile
- not the best treble extension I've heard
- may be more laid back than some like

The K2 and Kc2 are great if you prefer to listen at lower volume levels and listen to mid centric genres.

I've debated the DMG myself and will likely have to break down and get one for review.

I have my K2/KC2 review up on audiofool.reviews and should have a full TRN v80 review up shortly. I am working on several at the moment and trying to play catch up. (Laptop bit it).
That's great thank you! And spooky timing as I literally just read that review in your site before coning here - and great site by the way!

I think based on that I'll pass on them and put the money towards the BMGs as I prefer loud and punchy dynamic sounding V rather than more laid back and neutral.

Looking forward to review... unless I cave in and order the DMGs in the next few days :wink:

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #12,936 of 31,833
**MINI RANT INCOMING**

yqwMkFe.jpg

1467670267350023979.jpg

**MINI RANT OVER**

Polaroid earphones?! LMAO! Well they have been doing some weird stuff lately (for a company that dabbles in photography stuff), like releasing laptops which btw were utter crap.

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #12,938 of 31,833
Wooo my AS10 have been signed by my dad. But have to wait till tomorrow or sun before i can get my hands on them.

Cant wait but meanwhile, the T2 first!

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #12,939 of 31,833
Maybe it is not the same parent company as the lens / glass producers ?
I just googled it and here is a quote from the CEO: “We find these companies that are experts at what they do in specific categories of products and then we carefully oversee every step of the manufacturing process and product approval; as if we’re making it ourselves”. Seems like it's just branding that's all. Slater was right, it's probably stuff from tennmak that failed QC.

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #12,940 of 31,833
lol, after saying i have to stop and enjoy the earphones i have i got the impressive QKZ CK5 from Amazon although I'm sure I've saw them before under a different name. Good soundstage, slightly fwd mids and smooth treble, very decent detail for the price. Bass is deep and depending on the song can be quite accurate or boomy. Still another good value... with a lovely cable. No micro-phonics.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076H7W89T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Even cheaper in China

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #12,941 of 31,833
I just googled it and here is a quote from the CEO: “We find these companies that are experts at what they do in specific categories of products and then we carefully oversee every step of the manufacturing process and product approval; as if we’re making it ourselves”. Seems like it's just branding that's all. Slater was right, it's probably stuff from tennmak that failed QC.

That saddens me, because I held Polaroid in high regards before...

Sep 7, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #12,942 of 31,833
lol, after saying i have to stop and enjoy the earphones i have i got the impressive QKZ CK5 from Amazon although I'm sure I've saw them before under a different name. Good soundstage, slightly fwd mids and smooth treble, very decent detail for the price. Bass is deep and depending on the song can be quite accurate or boomy. Still another good value... with a lovely cable. No micro-phonics.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076H7W89T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Even cheaper in China

MUCH cheaper... you need to stop getting so much from Amazon! ...unless you need an instant fix...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back