CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 15, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #11,476 of 31,847
The iBasso IT01 seems like they’d fit the bill pretty well.
Figuratively, sure. :)
Literally, not so much. These things are kind of expensive. I don't think I'm ready to spend that kind of money at the moment.

I've read a lot of great things about the IT01, but then again I also read lots of great things about the Z5000 and RHA MA750, both of which didn't live up to the hype at all for me, so I'm a bit wary now of any hype trains, trams, locomotives, and maglevs.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #11,477 of 31,847
Figuratively, sure. :)
Literally, not so much. These things are kind of expensive. I don't think I'm ready to spend that kind of money at the moment.

I've read a lot of great things about the IT01, but then again I also read lots of great things about the Z5000 and RHA MA750, both of which didn't live up to the hype at all for me, so I'm a bit wary now of any hype trains, trams, locomotives, and maglevs.
I feel ya, I’ve been disappointed by hype trains before. I spent $220 on an IEM I don’t even like that much lol. I can assure you the IT01 is actually a good IEM (especially for what you’re looking for), but I understand that it’s out of your price range. I can’t think of too many other cheaper IEMs that would suit your preferences, though the only one that comes to mind can’t be mentioned here... It looks like a ZS6 clone, so hopefully that helps. AudioBudget has a review on it on his website.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #11,478 of 31,847
Tried the mod. The treble didn't change much to my ears. What did happen however was that the bass became anemic, which basically defeats the purpose of actually getting Z5000 in the first place. The low end is 95% of the reason for using them.

So, the Z5000 turned out to be both really impressive and really disappointing at the same time. The last time I was this disappointed was I believe when I got my RHA MA750.

Oh, well, back to my ZS3.

Maybe I should give the KZ ZSR a try. Or the Tiandirenhe TD08. Or the UiiSii CM5. Or maybe the Rose Aurora, although that one is on the pricey side, but it does look promising.
Thats crazy, I basically said the same thing as you a while ago when doing the taping the vent mod on the z5000s

I'd suggest messing with eq a bit on the z5000. Boosting some parts of the higher end really opens up the sound without taking away too much from the bass

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #11,479 of 31,847
Tried the mod. The treble didn't change much to my ears. What did happen however was that the bass became anemic, which basically defeats the purpose of actually getting Z5000 in the first place. The low end is 95% of the reason for using them.

So, the Z5000 turned out to be both really impressive and really disappointing at the same time. The last time I was this disappointed was I believe when I got my RHA MA750.

Oh, well, back to my ZS3.

Maybe I should give the KZ ZSR a try. Or the Tiandirenhe TD08. Or the UiiSii CM5. Or maybe the Rose Aurora, although that one is on the pricey side, but it does look promising.
Time to get an LG V20 and Neutralizer :dt880smile: CM5 wasn't one of my favorites - treble a bit overcooked for my ears. Well, turns out I'm sensitive to the 8kHz range, and neutralized CM5 = boss level sound quality. Now all of my IEMs (except for this MudKing Boomy McMuddy here http://a.co/dFXr1uY) sound so good with Neutralizer I'm having a hard time formulate a favorite list. CM5 and IT01 probably improved (i.e. better fit my ears) most dramatically.

@dhruvmeena96 posted about Neutralizer before, but I didn't understand his ramblings haha But he's right, it's fantastic.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #11,480 of 31,847
Been a long while since I've been on this thread. Forgot how cool it is :) So I just sold some of my old gear that's been sitting on a shelf gathering dust and made £350 so having some fun as on holiday for another week... only managed to claw back £57 for my it01 (which I had fit issues with and not due to sound... kept slipping out of ideal position). I was going to blow it all on the Shure 1540 but why get one set when you can get 2 or more!

I bought the TFZ Exclusive 5 already as I've been following the TFZ reviews for a while and wanted to test the water. Coming Monday from Penon.

From a quick looksie thru this thread I'm also looking at the MusicMaker TK12 as the MusicMaker Fengyin was an old guilty huge-bass pleasure of mine for EDM. How is the tk12 ranked these days in the sub £100 category? I've had a few decent Triple Drivers in the Dunu 1000 and 2000, LZ A4, 1More Triple D.

Is there anything else in the £100 or less category that sounds similar to the LZA4 but with clearer mids and tighter bass (black/black)? The it01 was lots of fun but I found it overly smooth at times. Tremendous bass though when pushed deep in ear canal.

EDIT : Spelling

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #11,483 of 31,847
I'm about to buy the Einsear T2. I'll mostly use it for walking to work, or when i hit up the grocery store. So very casual use, and a real budget price. Anything else to consider before i purchase? I need it to have a mic and not be ugly as well.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #11,484 of 31,847
I'm about to buy the Einsear T2. I'll mostly use it for walking to work, or when i hit up the grocery store. So very casual use, and a real budget price. Anything else to consider before i purchase? I need it to have a mic and not be ugly as well.

It's inexpensive, nicely tuned, nice build, have mic.. I think you're gonna like it. I like it enough to have several of them

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #11,485 of 31,847

It's inexpensive, nicely tuned, nice build, have mic.. I think you're gonna like it. I like it enough to have several of them

I think it will be an excellent choice.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #11,487 of 31,847

My favourite super cheap IEMs will always be the KZ ATE or KZ ATR

Jun 15, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #11,490 of 31,847
Hi,
I just received my IEM today that looks very similar to the Simgot EN700 but has a 9 instead of a 7, that I won't name because I like having a Head-fi account. :gs1000smile:
I immediately noticed that they have an unbearable amount of silibance. It could just be me, and I have been listening to the same single IEM for a year and a half (Somic V4.) I put it through the sine wave track and it has one ENORMOUS peak at 4500hz and a pretty bad one at about 10000hz. I've had them 'burning in' on white noise for about 12 hours now, it might have improved a bit but I can't deal with it, even if the bass and general detail stomps my Somic V4. Is there anything I can do? Mods and tuning? More burn in? Maybe I just need to get use to it. Even the EQ of my dap and laptop isn't getting it under control. Cable replacement? Maybe they are defective? Don't take my word for it though I'm sure they are very good.

What are some good Tips that reduce silibance? Comply? KZ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back