CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 14, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #11,447 of 31,867
Haha, we like our Z5000 differently, that’s for sure. :p

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #11,449 of 31,867
I have them for a month. What I like most is its hybrid form between an IEM and an earbud (apple copy ...). They are very comfortable and I would like other brands to explore the great possibilities that this design offers, perhaps varying the design a bit to prevent the rotation of the headset inside the auditory pavilion. Because this fact modifies the sound in a proportion that can be large.

As for construction is really good, the cable is better than the MEMT X5 model, but it is still somewhat rigid.

I use them with rubber cases because they fit me better and prevent rotation.

The sound is very warm, in line with other products that I have recently acquired, such as the Fiio FH1 and the Yincrow RW-9. They are warmer than the RW-9 and darker, they no offer the clarity in mids of Yincrow or Fiio. FH1 have more emphasis on the sub bass while the T5 mid-bass and low mids greater presence. Voices sound more natural and balanced on FH1, but more distant.
This design offers great presence of bass and subbass, not comparable with other typical earbuds. For my taste the voices are very present but they do not sound completely natural because they do not have any brightness. After 1KHz there is a large drop that isolates the voices creating this effect. On the other hand there is also a strong roll-off above 10KHz, this generates a lack of detail, nuances, separation and scene.
However the sound is not bad at all and I take them with me along with my QNGEE X2. I really like the sound and power of the bass, but I miss more naturalness in the mids and more definition/bright in general.

Hopefully new models will appear with this type of capsule with better sound.
I hear them totally different, warm with plenty of MID and hi-end clarity, great soundstage, and a bass response that totally fools you into thinking that your not wearing an ear bud. Nonetheless, I Iiked your impression.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #11,450 of 31,867
I have not had either long enough to compare. I have room in my life for both:) An IEM that does not go around my ear always has a physical advantage... I hate dealing with a cable around my ear... as I have said, it is a bit too much with long hair AND glasses. So points for the C700 in that respect. On the other hand, there just is something magical about the ED16. To further confuse things, I am loving these as well:

Artiste DC1...they sound huge!

10127455.jpg
What's the full name again for the C700? ...I might want to check them out. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #11,453 of 31,867
Which other models do you find as boomy ? Are you sure, while using them, that your ears don't accidentally seal some vents or something ?

The ZST for one and I think the ZS3 or ZSR but I'll have to double check with them again
I don't remember the ATE or ATR but I remember one of them being bass boomy as well.
The ZSA and EDR1 I tested today definitely did not have the bass of the ES4, all I know is its uncomfortable and hurts.
Maybe tip rolling with help
I also tried the ZS10 today and it seemed to has a little less emphasis than the ES4

But again I have the Campfire Comets which sounded just fine during the comparison and I didn't have any issues with the GGMM C770 or WIlsound this morning. And the TY HI-Z 150Pro or **** FEN 2000 or TIN Audio T2 or Superlux HD381F or TRN V20 don't hurt like the KZs. The DZAT DF10 has a punchy bass but it doesn't hurt like the KZs seemed to do. The closest I've felt among my recent acquisitions was the LKER 8

Everyone has different sound profile preferences and music tastes so my opinion really doesn't matter if it sounds good to others. And as I said they seemed to sound better with symphonic music than with jazz with vocals where the boom boom of the bass over powers the vocals and irritates my ears. I'm happy with about half of the KZs I've bought so far and think I'll just stay away from them for now since there's so many other options out there.

For reference, I preferred my Meelectronics 151P and Fiio EX1s more than the OneTripleDrivers I have and it seems like the world raves about the OneTriples which is why I bought them. My ears could just be cockeyed to the rest of the public

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #11,454 of 31,867
OK! These are the one's, right? :ok_hand:

Yes, that is the GGMM C700 in silver which is what I have. Also comes in blue, black, or rose gold.

Very simple elegant style.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #11,456 of 31,867
Which other models do you find as boomy ? Are you sure, while using them, that your ears don't accidentally seal some vents or something ?

KZ ZS10 - If you seal front DD vent, the one nearest to the nozzle (don't seal other two vents). Great sound remains, I've only noticed darker soundstage background.
Swing ie800 - Boomy bass without any mod.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #11,457 of 31,867
The ZST for one and I think the ZS3 or ZSR but I'll have to double check with them again
I don't remember the ATE or ATR but I remember one of them being bass boomy as well.
The ZSA and EDR1 I tested today definitely did not have the bass of the ES4, all I know is its uncomfortable and hurts.
Maybe tip rolling with help
I also tried the ZS10 today and it seemed to has a little less emphasis than the ES4

But again I have the Campfire Comets which sounded just fine during the comparison and I didn't have any issues with the GGMM C770 or WIlsound this morning. And the TY HI-Z 150Pro or **** FEN 2000 or TIN Audio T2 or Superlux HD381F or TRN V20 don't hurt like the KZs. The DZAT DF10 has a punchy bass but it doesn't hurt like the KZs seemed to do. The closest I've felt among my recent acquisitions was the LKER 8
I get why you feel ZS3 and ZSR as boomy, but it seem that you have some problem with the sub-bass, if they hurt you.

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #11,459 of 31,867
anyone has experience with tin audio t1 .. are they any good atm they are 23 euro with discount looks like good deal too me.. tin audio t2 got a lot of praise here.. but this is cheaper

Up near the top of the page... under the banner with the name of this thread... there is a box that says "search this thread"

if you type in tin audio t1, there are many results. One of those results leads to these reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tin-audio-t1.22966/reviews

there are others... try it!

edited to add: When you are interested in a certain model, you can also use Google. I just tried that and found there is more than enough information out there....

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #11,460 of 31,867
Up near the top of the page... under the banner with the name of this thread... there is a box that says "search this thread"

if you type in tin audio t1, there are many results. One of those results leads to these reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tin-audio-t1.22966/reviews

there are others... try it!

edited to add: When you are interested in a certain model, you can also use Google. I just tried that and found there is more than enough information out there....

I know i can search for information lol with google .. i was interested if other users got them too... wanted to hear some different opinions about it .. but thanks for your advice :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back