CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 14, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #11,416 of 31,867
MAJOR UPDATE
I just received the replacement for RNF and damn it has drastic changes they lowered the volume output and corrected the strong high mids and mid bass it sounds so much better now
the cable is slightly thicker than previous one
I am listening to them right now and damn i didn't expect this

I actually liked the strong high mids, but yeah, the mid-bass was a bit too much (smoothed out a bit after hours of burn-in, but not enough). Cable being replaced is also a plus, but the original one wasn't that bad, if a bit thin for non-removable.

All in, price of buying into hype instead of waiting for reviews. I wanted to see how Rose tuned their models, guess got in at the wrong model.

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #11,417 of 31,867
that is totally true they should release this as rnf 2 or something
RNF 2 lol.... They should replace the iem to all those affected...it was overpriced in the first place am sure they can afford it...

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #11,418 of 31,867
new toys to test

9938035_l.jpg

Jun 14, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #11,421 of 31,867
@oneula how does the kz zsa and ggmm c700 in terms of soundstage and instruments and vocals?

He JUST got them. Is the unboxing even finished yet? Why do you always jump in with questions like that the second someone gets something? Sometimes I do not even mention new things that I get because of that. When people are ready to share their impressions, they will Are you a robot using some kind of random post generator? Just plug in names of iems and words like soundstage, bass, treble, clarity etc and press a button...

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #11,422 of 31,867
He JUST got them. Is the unboxing even finished yet? Why do you always jump in with questions like that the second someone gets something? Sometimes I do not even mention new things that I get because of that. When people are ready to share their impressions, they will Are you a robot using some kind of random post generator? Just plug in names of iems and words like soundstage, bass, treble, clarity etc and press a button...
+1

eventually ppl don`t even notice posts like this. Zaza, don`t take this bad way but do more Your own research and be patient about impressions :wink:

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #11,424 of 31,867
MAJOR UPDATE
I just received the replacement for RNF and damn it has drastic changes they lowered the volume output and corrected the strong high mids and mid bass it sounds so much better now
the cable is slightly thicker than previous one
I am listening to them right now and damn i didn't expect this
Wow, did you just get them after complaining? Or did you have to buy them again? Because I'm definitely not going down that road...

new toys to test

9938035_l.jpg
Yet to receive the C700. But look at that, it's my last purchases!

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #11,425 of 31,867
Wow, did you just get them after complaining? Or did you have to buy them again? Because I'm definitely not going down that road...

Yet to receive the C700. But look at that, it's my last purchases!
my previous ones died so requested a replacement and got it today

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #11,426 of 31,867
out of the box in order how "my preference"

1. GGMM C700 (best sounding of them all, I could listen to these all day)
2. KZ ZSA (so small you can't use the ear hook cable that came with them so I switched to a hanging VE candy cane cable)
3. KZ EDR1 acceptable and better that my tunable ED9 (same housing design)
4. KZ ES4 (horrible, typical boomy KZ bass that gives me a headache. I tried to equalize with no effect)

There's is some muddiness in the instrumentation(could need tip rolling) on all of them compared my over ear planar Sennheiser 6XX

Tested on
Shanling M0
HD Tracks Greatest Vocal Tracks
I'll run it with a couple of amps to see if it makes a difference also with a DAP thar allows more fine tuning (EQ) with the ES4

All were compared to my Campfire Comets (none sounded better than the Comets)

This after an hour from 5am-6am this morning at work so I may not have been as sharp as normal

BTW
I'm listening to my Wilsounds now
more comfortable than those above with the exception of the C700 (nothing in the ear canal)
and just as good sound wise little light on the bass and no seal from outside noise (janitors vacuuming)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #11,427 of 31,867
GGMM C700 (best sounding of them all, I could listen to these all day)

I could listen to them all day as well... oh, wait... I have.

Jun 14, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #11,429 of 31,867
Anyone tried the MEMT T5 ear bud, yet?

:point_right:...My favorite ear bud. Best I've heard so far!

Link...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ic-Headset-Earbuds-for-Ipod/32854345191.html?

I have had my Memt T5 for over two months... I am sure I have mentioned it before. I consider it to be a pod, not a bud. but I do love the sound. Excellent all rounder...and comfortable. I do not use the silicone covers with mine... they just felt weird to me.

I have no idea which of my buds are the best. Most of them I think:)

I did recently get a new one that sounds excellent...and has a purple cable! Will add a photo...

Yincrow RW-777 I have not had enough time with it. Too many new IEMs are causing my buds to be neglected.

R0013438.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #11,430 of 31,867
To whom it may concern...

Received my Z5000 today. Not exactly what I was expecting. I was perhaps even a little afraid that the mid-bass might be just a tad too little, and that the Z5000 would forget about it while focusing only on the really low-low-end. Boy, was I wrong. It turns out that, at least to my ears, there appears to be too much mid-bass. It sounds like everything from like 0Hz to 600Hz was boosted quite significantly. The sub-bass is indeed fantastic but it still gets sometimes overwhelmed by everything above 100Hz being boosted just as much, if not even more so. And I thought the KZ ZS3 had some bass bleed into the mids. Silly me...

I'm generally a bit skeptical when it comes to burn-in, but I will try it with the Z5000.

I was thinking of also trying the Rose Aurora. Based on its frequency graph it looks like it should be closer to what I need. Too bad I couldn't find a graph for the Z5000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back