CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 15, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #11,461 of 31,867
Tennmak C5 ceramic just curious if anyone has this. Couldn't find a lot about it anywhere.Also the foams from Tennmak are those any better to similar ones sold by NiceHCK for example. Thanks :)

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #11,462 of 31,867
anyone has experience with tin audio t1 .. are they any good atm they are 23 euro with discount looks like good deal too me.. tin audio t2 got a lot of praise here.. but this is cheaper

The T1 is similar in tone and performance to the T2 but bassier and with more a relaxed treble presence. It's pretty good. Worth checking out for sure.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #11,463 of 31,867
I know i can search for information lol with google .. i was interested if other users got them too... wanted to hear some different opinions about it .. but thanks for your advice :dt880smile:

My point was... if you do the search in this thread you will find the posts where users speak about having them and what they think. There is so much information in these long threads that you have do do searches. Otherwise people just keep asking the same questions over and over and the thread gets longer and longer...

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #11,467 of 31,867
KZ ZS10 - If you seal front DD vent, the one nearest to the nozzle (don't seal other two vents). Great sound remains, I've only noticed darker soundstage background.
Swing ie800 - Boomy bass without any mod.

Wide bore tips are a best for not sealing the bass for many IEMs. That one is not to be talked about as its from a banned and punished seller for something that happened several years ago, apparently.

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #11,468 of 31,867
Anyone have bot KZ ED16 and Tin Audio T2 (with bass mod)? I am torn between those two. Ok, there is a price difference but since I am not planning on getting new ones for a while after I purchase one or the other, that 10-15 eur difference doesn't matter. Most of my music is EDM, Dubstep, DnB, Trap (so I need my lows) but I occasionally listen to rock and I am also a big podcast listner.

If it makes any difference, then I am going to use them with a bluetooth cable since I am going to be using them mostly with my iPhone. The TRN BT3 AAC/AptX cable seems like the best deal for that.

Or maybe some fixed BT cable option like Meizu EP51 would be as good?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #11,469 of 31,867
New DT300 Pro 3BA:

HTB1J.jxpm8YBeNkSnb4q6yevFXaj.jpg

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-desmontable-separar/1825606_32887795868.html

It seems an interesting product. Let's see if it drops in price during the anniversary

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #11,470 of 31,867
I just use painter's tape and it works well. Masking tape also works. The treble comes to life with this mod, making them feel a lot less warm.
Tried the mod. The treble didn't change much to my ears. What did happen however was that the bass became anemic, which basically defeats the purpose of actually getting Z5000 in the first place. The low end is 95% of the reason for using them.

So, the Z5000 turned out to be both really impressive and really disappointing at the same time. The last time I was this disappointed was I believe when I got my RHA MA750.

Oh, well, back to my ZS3.

Maybe I should give the KZ ZSR a try. Or the Tiandirenhe TD08. Or the UiiSii CM5. Or maybe the Rose Aurora, although that one is on the pricey side, but it does look promising.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #11,471 of 31,867
Maybe I should give the KZ ZSR a try. Or maybe the Tiandirenhe TD08. Or maybe the Rose Aurora, although that one is on the pricey side, but it does look promising.

..or the Artiste DC1

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #11,472 of 31,867
Tried the mod. The treble didn't change much to my ears. What did happen however was that the bass became anemic, which basically defeats the purpose of actually getting Z5000 in the first place. The low end is 95% of the reason for using them.

So, the Z5000 turned out to be both really impressive and really disappointing at the same time. The last time I was this disappointed was I believe when I got my RHA MA750.

Oh, well, back to my ZS3.

Maybe I should give the KZ ZSR a try. Or the Tiandirenhe TD08. Or the UiiSii CM5. Or maybe the Rose Aurora, although that one is on the pricey side, but it does look promising.

What type of sound signature are you looking for?

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #11,474 of 31,867
What type of sound signature are you looking for?
Let's see... I guess I can be described as a basshead, so basically a warm-ish sound signature with really solid sub-bass without sacrificing mids or highs. I prefer my boosted range to be 40Hz-80Hz. Any bass above ~100Hz starts to annoy me if it is boosted too much.
I would like some extension in the highs, although I know not to expect miracles.
I need something that is decently forgiving to not so good/bad recordings.

If it would help, my favorite pair of headphones is the CAL!, even though I own more expensive headphones that I believe are considered superior on a technical/engineering level like the DT 770 Pro and the V-Moda M100.
The CAL!'s bass is soft with a decent punch and yet extends low enough for my taste. It's a tad loose and woolly which I like. It's like the Goldilocks and the Three Bears: it's just right. The mids are present and accounted for. The highs do not extend amazingly, and clarity isn't CAL!'s forte, but there is enough sparkle in there to keep me happy.
It handles all genres and is forgiving of not so well or downright poorly recorded/mastered music.

So, if I can find the CAL! sound in an IEM, I would be very happy. So far I think the closest to that have been the XB90EX and the ZS3.
The XB90EX is really good but it seems to be missing something which I cannot explain. It also lacks mic/remote, which I would really like to have.
The ZS3 is also really good. Its value for money is in my opinion absolutely amazing. However, I would like a bit more extension (if possible), a little less bass bleed into the mids, and a bit more treble extension and detail. Nothing analytical of course.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #11,475 of 31,867
Let's see... I guess I can be described as a basshead, so basically a warm-ish sound signature with really solid sub-bass without sacrificing mids or highs. I prefer my boosted range to be 40Hz-80Hz. Any bass above ~100Hz starts to annoy me if it is boosted too much.
I would like some extension in the highs, although I know not to expect miracles.
I need something that is decently forgiving to not so good/bad recordings.

If it would help, my favorite pair of headphones is the CAL!. It has soft bass with a decent punch and yet extends low enough for my taste. It's a tad loose and woolly which I like. Mids are present and accounted for. The highs do not extend amazingly, and clarity isn't CAL!'s forte, but there is enough sparkle in there to keep me happy.
It handles all genres and is forgiving of not so well or downright poorly recorded/mastered music.

So, if I can find the CAL! sound in an IEM, I would be very happy. So far I think the closest to that have been the XB90EX and the ZS3.
The XB90EX is really good but it seems to be missing something which I cannot explain. It also lacks mic/remote, which I would really like to have.
The ZS3 is also really good. Its value for money is in my opinion absolutely amazing. However, I would like a bit more extension (if possible), a little less bass bleed into the mids, and a bit more treble extension and detail. Nothing analytical of course.
The iBasso IT01 seems like they’d fit the bill pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back