CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 8, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #14,041 of 31,833
I feel very confused. I was almost sure in single BA. Please tell me, is there any ZTE or Angelcare logo on the package box? The product description says that "ZTE Angelcare earphone set is made from one of the largest mobile manufacturer (ZTE TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD)"
@mbwilson111
I'm really sorry for this recommendation

Don't be sorry. The ZTE TECH H101 looks cool, is comfortable and sounds great to me...and mine is purple ! I do not listen at high volume...ever. I will share pictures of the box tomorrow bur yes it says ZTE and Angelcare.

It is two dynamic drivers. I really would have been surprised if it had been a single BA I already have a Moondrop Nocturne for that anyway :)

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #14,042 of 31,833
Don't be sorry. The ZTE TECH H101 looks cool, is comfortable and sounds great to me...and mine is purple ! I do not listen at high volume...ever. I will share pictures of the box tomorrow bur yes it says ZTE and Angelcare.

It is two dynamic drivers. I really would have been surprised if it had been a single BA I already have a Moondrop Nocturne for that anyway :)

But can it tell time? That would be cool :)

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #14,045 of 31,833
Hm, is there something like the Tin Audio T2 with plenty of sub bass (for electronic/film music or other stuff with huge drops)?

**** V2

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #14,047 of 31,833
Nov 8, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #14,048 of 31,833
Nov 8, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #14,049 of 31,833
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a new IEM to get in the 11/11 AliExpress sale.

I already have two very known chi-fi IEMs. One is the Rock Zircon, the other one is a 2xDD + 1xBA that looks a lot like a ZS6, but is banned from head-fi discussions. Let's call it #2 from now on.

I used to love #2, but after 3 months one side showed problems (it's something with the BA I think). Thing is, I'm an EQ addict and had to equalize #2 to enjoy it fully... but I really miss its technical aspects (imaging, microdetails, sub bass extension, etc.). I am currently using the Zircon (heavily EQed, mainly to give it some mids)

These two IEMs helped me a lot to understand the type of sound I like. But I'm having a hard time finding chi-fi that is supposed to sound like how I like stock. So I guess you guys could help me. Instead of only describing the sound, I'll be more practical: show the measured frequency response of the IEMs I have and the EQ curve that I've applied to them (don't try to interpret it in horizontal scale):

Rock Zircon:
uaKQZp3.png
Dislike: congested feeling, lacks a lot in mids, lacks layering (being able to distinguish different instruments easily)
Like: highs sounds pretty neutral for me (altought it lacks details)

#2:
0Mr49QL.png
Dislike:
pretty sibilant thanks to that 10KHz peak, which is more present in hybrid chi-fi than I'd like.
A little bit of too much midbass (makes Rock more congested than I'd like, but ok for EDM)
Mids sound somewhat unnatural, although good (fixed by the bump in 1.5KHz on the EQ curve).
Lacks a bit in the lower treble (5-7k) (boosting it makes it sound way more open).​
Like:
sounds pretty detailed, has awesome soundstage and layering capabilities. Bass is amazing (very deep extension, and spot on speed for me). Not as agressive V-shaped as the Zircon.​

Would be nice to find something that I could be completely (well, maybe 85%) satisfied without EQing. But most chi-fi have that 10-11KHz peak, preceded by too big of dips in the 6-8K region. I guess my prefered sound signature is L-shaped, but without a overdone bass.

Price point is up to $35 (in chinese websites). It you have something in mind at a higher price, I'd be happy to hear (but chances are I'm not going to buy it). I'm currently tending towards giving the new ZSN. Honestly, it looks fantastic, and the price is pretty appealing.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #14,050 of 31,833
Just a warning for the Betron BS1O!

I have one bought from Amazon and it's a totally muddy, veiled sound IEM. After some praise here on Headfi, I may have a bad unit, but I wouldn't risk buying the Betron.

The EDR1 is a no-brainer. Very good and I have several and ALL are good units. No QC issues from KZ.

Be aware the Betron BS10 is hit or miss. Some of us got great sounding ones, while others got not so great sounding ones. I actually own 2 pairs, and 1 sounds great and the other sounds like a muffled mess.

If you can easily return it in case you get a dud, then you’re golden. But if you’re in a country that would be inconvenient or unfeasible to return it, you may want to think twice.

Ohh, thanks for the heads up.

The UiiSii HM7 maybe? They have really small housings for a 9mm driver and it's ~$5 on AE.

That looks very promising, thanks!

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #14,051 of 31,833
Seem to be built more for looks than SQ... I suspect, with that price tag. But who knows... would be cool if they offer something in league of IT01, but I doubt it.
Anyway very suspicious brand... look at their other products - eery similarities to soundsoul, magaosi K3, bosshifi B3 etc. and their planar mag hps have low-quality rendering pics, lol.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #14,053 of 31,833
I was thinking about jumping in and getting a pair of magaosi bk50.
£17 from the AK store https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.30453c002t805P
Seems like a bargain - with mmcx.
Surprisingly I can't find any reviews on here but they seem to be a well regarded brand but I thought that I would consult the hive mind to see if you have any opinions.
I prefer a clean, accurate sound. I listen to everything except heavy metal and C&W and a lot of podcasts so a good clean sound is important.

Thanks to everyone for replying.
I will jump in and buy these.
I bought a few kz last year and don't really like the 2 pin connectors so I thought that I would go for mmcx and see if I like those more.
I'm also getting some tinaudio t2's.
Both will be for music at work so I need in ears to isolate me from the inane babble of my colleagues.

I'm currently working through p-r in my extensive and eclectic music collection atm mostly prince, porcupine tree and renaissance.

I need something with a mic for my phone, which I mostly use for podcasts, just for jumping through the ads/boring bits

I've also bought a couple of replacement cables for when my better fixed cable iems break.
unfortunately my Sony set seem to be glued/welded together so I can't get in to wire them.

I love my RHA MA 350i's but the cables/connections break all the time.
Fortunately RHA have a 3 year guarantee and replace them without a quibble.
Just out of guarantee now but I can recable them easily enough..

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #14,054 of 31,833
Any 11.11 Suggestions for me in the 25-45 dollar range....

I have a pair of KZ ZS10 i really like, i also have a pair of TRN V20 but i think they have too much treble..

I was thinking about the Tin Audio T2.. How are they compared to KZ ZS10 ?

if you have other suggestions, let me know.

Nov 9, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #14,055 of 31,833
Any 11.11 Suggestions for me in the 25-45 dollar range....

I have a pair of KZ ZS10 i really like, i also have a pair of TRN V20 but i think they have too much treble..

I was thinking about the Tin Audio T2.. How are they compared to KZ ZS10 ?

if you have other suggestions, let me know.

Tin T2 sounds more open and lightweight than ZS10, they are way more even in the midrange, but they also have less bass overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back