CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 8, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #14,026 of 31,833
Quick Sound Analysis of the UiiSii HM7
Gonna sell these so might as well revisit them

Bass:

Though it won't impress bassheads, the bass is beefy and energetic and has the right amount of emphasis. Never muddy nor anemic.

Mids:

The midrange, though possessing a neutral/natural tonality, is made recessed due to the overly emphasized lower treble. It's also fairly rigid sounding, and lack any sort of detail. Stuffing the nozzles with some acoustic foam helps bring the mids out more.

Highs:

There is an uncanny emphasis/coloration on the lower treble, making the sound very harsh and sibilant. However through some tip changing and minor EQing you can get it to sound more balanced, but the lower treble coloration will still remain no matter what you do. It is quite clean-sounding though.

Nov 8, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #14,027 of 31,833
Nov 8, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #14,029 of 31,833
I was thinking about jumping in and getting a pair of magaosi bk50.
£17 from the AK store https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.30453c002t805P
Seems like a bargain - with mmcx.
Surprisingly I can't find any reviews on here but they seem to be a well regarded brand but I thought that I would consult the hive mind to see if you have any opinions.
I prefer a clean, accurate sound. I listen to everything except heavy metal and C&W and a lot of podcasts so a good clean sound is important.

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #14,030 of 31,833
£17 from the AK store https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AK-...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.30453c002t805P
Surprisingly I can't find any reviews on here but they seem to be a well regarded brand but I thought that I would consult the hive mind to see if you have any opinions.
I prefer a clean, accurate sound. I listen to everything except heavy metal and C&W and a lot of podcasts so a good clean sound is important.

You listen to a lot of podcasts? The Magaosi BK50 is more tuned towards music and will reveal a lot of recording errors from podcasts, leading to slight sibilance. From the 11.11 sale, go for the KZ ED16 for total isolation or TRN V80 for some airiness from the vents.

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #14,031 of 31,833
ZTE Angelcare

https://www.amazon.de/ZTE-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headsets-Abnehmbares-Sport-Ohrhörer-Cancelling-Rot/dp/B075PZM9LT

Wow! That actually looks pretty cool! I see where it says BA but nothing about it being a single BA. I love the single BA IEM that I have now... my Moondrop Nocturne. Did you see information anywhere else? I wonder if this is a rebrand of something? Anyway, I did order it. I had to do it. It will be here Wednesday. It also comes in grey or red which look nice but the purple one is the best!

Edit: for anyone interested it is available on several EU Amazon sites.

These are definitely not BA drivers.
According to the packaging they are 2*DD per side (6,3mm).
The mids are boosted, so that it's really exhausting at high volumes. The bass is quite good and the treble is relaxed. First impression! But for $10 you get an acceptable double dynamic in-ear with MMCX interface and quality workmanship. But they are a little too mid-heavy in the upper range for me.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #14,033 of 31,833
I bought the bk50 and the v80 on the last sale. im just using the bk50. maybe my best chifi purchase so far.

Nov 8, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #14,034 of 31,833

mmcx version is different sounding. Older version with fixed cable should sound better. Also, not sure if newer version has same AFX BA.

Nov 8, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #14,035 of 31,833
Hi guys, excited for 11-11!

I always have these bursts of chifi obsessions every once in a while. For reference, i dont use a dac/amp (will at one point buy that) and my most listened genre is hip-hop with the occasional dip in soul/jazz. I currently own kz zst/atr/edr1, einsear t2, tin audio T2, blitzwolf bw-es1. I like both T2's and the BW-ES1 best. The tin audio T2 can be lacking in bass sometimes for me while i love its mid and details but less comfy than the einsear and BW-ES1, i get pressure points after few hours. BW-ES1 bass can sometimes be a bit too big. Ofc, the T2 build quality/feel beats both the einsear t2 and BW-ES1. KZ's products seem never to really disappoint, thats why I want to add 1 of their more budget ones to my collection.

I already added to my cart: the KZ ZSN (based on b9's review), 3 times the EZAUDIO E4 to potentially give some away. Also wanna get 1 "bigger" player (as a friend for my tinaudio t2).

I'm considering the BQEYZ BQ3/KC2 or TRN V80. Any strong opinions on how these earphones compare? From what I read so far the BQ3 is slightly more V tuned than the KC2, which I think I would prefer and people are generally very impressed with the BQEYZ products. TRN V80 is well received tho it might not be that much different than the tin audio T2 from what i've read.

Nov 8, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #14,036 of 31,833
Hi guys, excited for 11-11!

I always have these bursts of chifi obsessions every once in a while. For reference, i dont use a dac/amp (will at one point buy that) and my most listened genre is hip-hop with the occasional dip in soul/jazz. I currently own kz zst/atr/edr1, einsear t2, tin audio T2, blitzwolf bw-es1. I like both T2's and the BW-ES1 best. The tin audio T2 can be lacking in bass sometimes for me while i love its mid and details but less comfy than the einsear and BW-ES1, i get pressure points after few hours. BW-ES1 bass can sometimes be a bit too big. Ofc, the T2 build quality/feel beats both the einsear t2 and BW-ES1. KZ's products seem never to really disappoint, thats why I want to add 1 of their more budget ones to my collection.

I already added to my cart: the KZ ZSN (based on b9's review), 3 times the EZAUDIO E4 to potentially give some away. Also wanna get 1 "bigger" player (as a friend for my tinaudio t2).

I'm considering the BQEYZ BQ3/KC2 or TRN V80. Any strong opinions on how these earphones compare? From what I read so far the BQ3 is slightly more V tuned than the KC2, which I think I would prefer and people are generally very impressed with the BQEYZ products. TRN V80 is well received tho it might not be that much different than the tin audio T2 from what i've read.
the v80 has a sorta-similar bright tonality as the t2, but is less balanced, much bassier and has a bigger stage than the t2; it's more of a v-shaped. i've grown to like it quite a bit. i'm curious about the bq3 as well...

Nov 8, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #14,037 of 31,833
the v80 has a sorta-similar bright tonality as the t2, but is less balanced, much bassier and has a bigger stage than the t2; it's more of a v-shaped. i've grown to like it quite a bit. i'm curious about the bq3 as well...

Do they show the same amount of detail retrieval and layering? I love the clarity of the t2. Clarity and detail retrieval were for me the biggest wow factor in good chifi gear.

Nov 8, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #14,038 of 31,833
Do they show the same amount of detail retrieval and layering? I love the clarity of the t2. Clarity and detail retrieval were for me the biggest wow factor in good chifi gear.

I would say the BQEYZ3 does have the same clarity and maybe slightly more detail than T2, The v80 has a rather grainy treble that can impact both clarity and detail retrieval so not quite on par with T2 in my estimation. Mind you the v80 is capable of good detail but is sometimes obscured by that treble issue.

Nov 8, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #14,039 of 31,833
I would say the BQEYZ3 does have the same clarity and maybe slightly more detail than T2, The v80 has a rather grainy treble that can impact both clarity and detail retrieval so not quite on par with T2 in my estimation. Mind you the v80 is capable of good detail but is sometimes obscured by that treble issue.
agreed as to v80.

Nov 8, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #14,040 of 31,833
ZTE Angelcare
https://www.amazon.de/ZTE-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headsets-Abnehmbares-Sport-Ohrhörer-Cancelling-Rot/dp/B075PZM9LT
These are definitely not BA drivers.
According to the packaging they are 2*DD per side (6,3mm).
The mids are boosted, so that it's really exhausting at high volumes. The bass is quite good and the treble is relaxed. First impression! But for $10 you get an acceptable double dynamic in-ear with MMCX interface and quality workmanship. But they are a little too mid-heavy in the upper range for me.
I feel very confused. I was almost sure in single BA. Please tell me, is there any ZTE or Angelcare logo on the package box? The product description says that "ZTE Angelcare earphone set is made from one of the largest mobile manufacturer (ZTE TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD)"
@mbwilson111
I'm really sorry for this recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back