CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 3, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #12,827 of 31,833
Personally I am preferring it over the C630 also... i found that the c630 can sound a bit artificial at times. the C610 has better control all over and sounds more stable.

I too prefer the C610 to the C630 as Slater knows. I agree with your assessment. Now you have made me want to get mine out... but I am busy enjoying this QKZ QF2 that arrived this evening... a day earlier than originally expected.

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #12,828 of 31,833
Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #12,830 of 31,833
I need to slow down a bit and start to actually enjoy some of the great IEMs I've bought recently lol. That's the thing about the excellent budget sets you can get these days... they're all easier on the wallet and easy to get!!!

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #12,831 of 31,833
I need to slow down a bit and start to actually enjoy some of the great IEMs I've bought recently lol. That's the thing about the excellent budget sets you can get these days... they're all easier on the wallet and easy to get!!!

I need to STOP. I have so many budget sets and they are good... but I only have one set of ears. I love rediscovering things I have set aside because I had too much at once.

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #12,833 of 31,833
I got a pair of Einsear T2s. Anything similar but with better noise isolation at lower volumes in that price range? Want to keep the sound neutral and not bass heavy.

That is a very nice IEM. When I gave away the C630 that we have been talking about, I kept the Einsear T2 as I much preferred it to the C630. Can't help you with your problem with isolation though as isolation has never been important to me... I actually prefer to know what is going on around me and often choose to wear buds or open headphones.

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #12,834 of 31,833
Do not under any circumstances get the EN900. They are terrible treble cannons, so bad. People think the TRN v80s can be sibilant, but the EN900 are just ear blowingly sibilant. No reason to get them over the v80's.
Thank you for letting me know :) I went for the kz as10 and magaosi k3 pro. I just received the kz as10 and I am trying them out

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #12,837 of 31,833
Bad Guy is far more thorough and honest. He tells exactly what he likes, goes through the songs he tests with, explains why he chose those songs, so you definitely understand his review. And he is very open that he prefers forward V shaped sound.

I have no idea what is going on with TechManz other than no IEM on the planet fits his ears so he reviews IEMs without ever achieving proper seal. Useless.

I do appreciate that Bad Guy explains his process and opinions thoroughly, but as far as listening. I hear what Techmanz hears most of the time on the same earphones. Bad Guy really doesn't seem to hear the sibilance or high treble distortion. He doesn't seem to hear upper mid congestion of the same earphones. Bad Guy also doesn't hear the overly bass heavy aspect of the AS10 and Techmanz does. I get we all hear differently and Techmanz hears closer to what I do.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #12,839 of 31,833
Following on from yesterday and the triple whammy pick up.
Just given the three models a quick test run and wouldn't you know it the £2.57 QKZ QF2 on first listen blow the others away!
Even come in a Westone type monitor box.
Look exactly like an upside down Shure E2c but can be worn up or down.
Superb closed monitor sound, quite fllat with slightly forward vocals and a rolled off but nice treble, Very dynamic too.
Absolutely chuffed so far And for the price they are ridiculously brilliant.
As for the other two....jury is out
Will give them more time......well that's if I can stop listening to the QF2.

Are there left/right markings on these QKZ QF2. I can't find them if there are. I keep putting them in wrong and having to check a test track. I guess the solution is to never take them out? So are you wearing them up or down? I have them down which I prefer but it is weird trying to figure out how to put them in. Any tips or tricks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back