CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 2, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #12,798 of 31,833
Which headphones did you try?

All the ones on my signature, plus the Aurisonics Rockets, the Havi B3 Pro's, the Meze 11 Neo, the KZ ATR's and the Phonak Audeo's. I've listened to others, but these were the ones I owned long term.

The Rockets were a weird one. In some areas they sounded technically superior. But, to my ears, they didn't sound as cohesive and "life-like" (if that term exists).

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #12,803 of 31,833
Which one would you say is better?

Years ago when one more triple was kinda of hype. It received mixed or bad reviews here. Since that, chi-fi movement made a revolution in the budget segment. In this sale i did a search on them because they was at 56$, i decided not going for them. Hifichris, for example, didn't liked to much at the time, but he loved the recent Ibasso it01, at the same price and in a more competitive market. Same logic goes to the recent and good reviewed basshead FiiO fh1 that has plenty of extense and good written reviews here. I would reccomend you start looking for reviews of Ibasso it01, FIIO FH1, tfz exclusive 5/King. With that initial reading the other good options should appear.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #12,805 of 31,833
So finally stopped with the QF2 and I'm currently listening to the Liam and Daan State.
After the initial impression and changing the tips I'm really getting into these.
They sound more like cans than earphones, some nice depth and soundstage.
Perfect for Rock especially so far.
Very rich and lush sounding, Kinda like a more refined ATE.
Some good detail in all areas....Smooth bass, Very very rich Midrange and a natural treble that isn't fatiguing.
Very impressive for £7.99.
Happy camper.

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #12,806 of 31,833
While they're currently on sale at AliExpress, I ordered a set of the new (w/MMCX) Magaosi BK50. Hopefully, they sound as good as the model with the tethered cable.

Sep 2, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #12,807 of 31,833
Sep 2, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #12,808 of 31,833
While they're currently on sale at AliExpress, I ordered a set of the new (w/MMCX) Magaosi BK50. Hopefully, they sound as good as the model with the tethered cable.

Either way, it is now your duty to compare and report back:)

Sep 2, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #12,809 of 31,833

Nice choice :)

Yes, they are the same. The only difference is the removable cable.

Although I can’t speak for that crazy looking black and white swirled one. I think some sellers are selling that as BK50. The BK50 I know is the wooden one with gold trim and open grille in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back