CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #6,062 of 31,833
Whats the best mmcx cable to get for stound ~$10 or under?

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #6,063 of 31,833
Is that an issue with the design of the IEM or the fit? I purchased an expensive pair that came with 11 different tip sizes and types including foamies and none gave me a decent seal. Wasn't until I went to my box of tips and tried others did I get a decent seal.

most likely fit, cause the issue is with the tips selection, depending on how much the ear nozzle protrudes out if it's a large nozzle using a tip with slightly smaller opening will change the sound sig (e.g spinfits) the ones with bigger nozzle will not give a good seal..

I suppose T2 issue was with the fit. I don't imagine they are universally bad but out of maybe 9 pairs of tips I have, none gave me anything satisfactory. Maybe I'm expecting too much after the basically perfect fit and isolation I got from the Tennmak Pros.

That said, next upgrade will probably be either the FiiO FH1 or F9 pros.

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #6,064 of 31,833
I suppose T2 issue was with the fit. I don't imagine they are universally bad but out of maybe 9 pairs of tips I have, none gave me anything satisfactory. Maybe I'm expecting too much after the basically perfect fit and isolation I got from the Tennmak Pros.

That said, next upgrade will probably be either the FiiO FH1 or F9 pros.
I finally got a good fit for my tfz one, its very picky. Needs to long tip for big nozzle. I have from the noble x massdrop that works well. I ordered additional eartips from heir(similar with noble) that can give a good seal. Seems to improved quite alot on getting a seal. I'm going to try that on the t2 when it arrives

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #6,065 of 31,833
I received my pair of ADV S2000's last week. While I agree with some of the reviews here, as they are pretty forward sounding, I actually quite like them. I am sure the Pioneer CH9T probably has better air and soundstage, but these actually complement more V shaped iems like the ZS6 pretty well. I can see how someone who needs stage monitors might like these quite a bit. I assume the ADVs are made in China, so I guess they qualify for inclusion here. For overall listening, the E-MI CI880's or the ZS6 still gets my vote, but these sound quite good, and are extremely comfortable as well.

I also did a quick comparison between the E-MI CI880 and the other one the 630 that you could get on Amazon for $9.99. They sound pretty much the same to me, based on a quick listen. Very comfy though...

Oh, my TinAudio T2's are getting a little more time, but I am still not jumping on the hype train for them, as the midrange is still way too colored for me. Like I said earlier, listen to a good set of cone stereo speakers and compare them to a good set of planar speakers. That is the difference I am hearing. The Tin Audios sound artificial in comparison. AS usual, YMMV!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #6,068 of 31,833
You boys have piqued my interest in the Zhiyin Z500 however the iBasso IT01 is another similar contender, with the addition of graphene (UiiSii CM5 taught me to respect graphene).

I wonder if they sound similar.. anyone tried 'em both?

Zhiyin Z5000 - 32ohm, 10mm driver with strong "1.2 tesla" magnet
iBasso IT01 - 16ohm, 10mm layered graphene driver with near 1 tesla magnet

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #6,069 of 31,833
I received my pair of ADV S2000's last week. While I agree with some of the reviews here, as they are pretty forward sounding, I actually quite like them. I am sure the Pioneer CH9T probably has better air and soundstage, but these actually complement more V shaped iems like the ZS6 pretty well. I can see how someone who needs stage monitors might like these quite a bit. I assume the ADVs are made in China, so I guess they qualify for inclusion here. For overall listening, the E-MI CI880's or the ZS6 still gets my vote, but these sound quite good, and are extremely comfortable as well.

I also did a quick comparison between the E-MI CI880 and the other one the 630 that you could get on Amazon for $9.99. They sound pretty much the same to me, based on a quick listen. Very comfy though...

Oh, my TinAudio T2's are getting a little more time, but I am still not jumping on the hype train for them, as the midrange is still way too colored for me. Like I said earlier, listen to a good set of cone stereo speakers and compare them to a good set of planar speakers. That is the difference I am hearing. The Tin Audios sound artificial in comparison. AS usual, YMMV!
wholly agree on the s2000--they're not as big-sounding as the (5x the price) pioneer, and the amazing e-mi is more resolving, but they're a helluva $20 iem. i'm not sure if they're chinese made (adv is us-based), but if nothing else they prove us companies can compete in the budget space.

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #6,070 of 31,833
Really like the dzat dt-10 look! How's the build quality history of this brand?

I'm on the look out for a NOT over ears IEMs as a birthday gift and the Zhiyin z5000 and this dzat seems interesting! Or, I could get the takstar pro 82 headphones which I'm sure will please.

Detachable cables are a must with this guy though!
initial sound impressions on the DZAT DT-10:

Very easy to drive, with excellent isolation. Soundwise, an extremely-well tuned, gentle U-shape, with impactful, well controlled subbass which presents good rumble, mildly pushed-back, detailed mids and bright, sparkly, well-extended treble. These are not analytical or neutral stage monitors—they inject some energy and drive into the proceedings. Tip-sensitive (silicons work best while foams tended to congest and deaden the presentation). Soundstage is wide, though not as 3D as some other top players, but instruments are well-separated and very accurately placed on stage. Overall character is quite similar to the (excellent) Bosshifi B3S, though the DZAT sound a little larger and more dynamic. Among my other favorites, the DZAT is more colored and less-natural-sounding than the PMV, Simgot or Fidue A73, especially at the high-end; others like the TK13 or DQSM have larger, more immersive soundstages. However, these match very well with uptempo genres and are an excellent listen in their own right. As a lark, I compared these to the ($20) DZAT DF-10, which I've always liked--the DT-10 are brighter and more coherent overall, with much tighter bass and more precise imaging, although the DF-10 actually sounds airier and more expansive. These guys know how to make an earphone.

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #6,071 of 31,833
Whats the best mmcx cable to get for stound ~$10 or under?
I'd vote for the one labeled as a KZ upgrade cable which can be found on Aliexpress.com. The name is somewhat odd considering that KZ uses a 2 pin connector for all their products that have detachable cables. You just need to make sure that the cable you get has MMCX connectors instead of the KZ style 2 pin.

Did a quick search for one. This is the first result I found. I didn't buy mine from this seller and this may not be the cheapest price but it does show the cable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...e-MMCX-Cable-for-Shure-SE535/32821324930.html

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #6,072 of 31,833
As a lark, I compared these to the ($20) DZAT DF-10, which I've always liked--the DT-10 are brighter and more coherent overall, with much tighter bass and more precise imaging, although the DF-10 actually sounds airier and more expansive. These guys know how to make an earphone.
I own the DZAT DF-10, they belonged to my first Chifi batch ever ($12.99 on Singles Day 2016), and I have considered them top notch since. The question is: do you get diminishing return with the DT-10 at 4 times the current price of the DF-10 or the opposite?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #6,074 of 31,833
I own the DZAT DF-10, they belonged to my first Chifi batch ever ($12.99 on Singles Day 2016), and I have considered them top notch since. The question is: do you get diminishing return with the DT-10 at 4 times the current price of the DF-10 or the opposite?
here is loomisjohnson's view of the law of diminishing returns, headphone edition:
1. you can get such good iems for so cheap these days that diminishing returns kicks in really early, which is to say that the sonic improvements between a good >$20 iem (say the dt-10 or einsear t2) and good $100 models is increasingly incremental rather than acute.
2. stepping up in price class generally gets you better packaging, accessories, aesthetics and build; you'll also likely get features such as detachable cables or richer materials which don't necessarily affect the sq. my >$100 iems tend to present a bigger stage than my <$50 budget faves and perhaps more high end resolution, but not always.
3. wrt the df-10 and the dt-10, the dt-10 feels more substantial (though the df-10 is very nicely built); the df-10 is lighter and actually more comfortable, although it doesn't isolate well. the dt-10 is better tuned, with more fleshed-out mids and (as noted) much tighter, more etched bass. the dt-10 sounds more "expensive" in the sense of having more resolution and microdetail. i can't honestly say, however, that the dt-10 night-and-day better overall; the df-10 has a very appealing, natural quality and someone who likes a warmer signature might conceivably prefer it.
4. that said, the dt-10 is vg; as per my impressions i have more expensive pieces that do some things better, but the dt-10 certainly plays in their league.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #6,075 of 31,833
the df-10 has a very appealing, natural quality and someone who likes a warmer signature might conceivably prefer it.

Well... now you have done it. I have just ordered thie DF-10 from Amazon UK for £20 just in time for it to arrive tomorrow. I keep trying to quit buying more stuff. I thought I had quit buying IEMs. Now I am in trouble!

Probably cheaper on Ali but I am tired of waiting for things from Ali. Our postman must wonder what we are up to getting all these little packages from China. Two small packages arrived today but they are not for me. Having two headfiers in the house is very bad. Very very bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back