CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 17, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #6,046 of 31,833
Jan 17, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #6,048 of 31,833
lol as in i ordered it together with the tin audio t2. hahaha i can't tell u yet, i'm not sure why i got two also..
oooh

I'm currently debating which one of the two I should order

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #6,049 of 31,833
lol as in i ordered it together with the tin audio t2. hahaha i can't tell u yet, i'm not sure why i got two also..

It Would be helpful If you give us your early impressions comparing them, adding to nymphonomaniac already given impressions. I'm Also in search of what of two would fit me better.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #6,052 of 31,833
Posting here as to not fill up Gearbest thread with OT chatter.
Awww, you should have just got the (2) for $9.99 each. That price is like gold; no one has easily been able to get one at that price yet, because the 20 daily pcs are gone too fast!

I know, but couldn't figure out what to do with the 2nd pair lol.
And maybe its better to await some reviews, probably it is just sidegrading compared to the ZS5 and ZST I have, and the ZS3 is on the way for comfort.
Also considering buying the T2 now for $33, but kinda don't wanna buy anything more, as I'm still waiting to buy VE Monk IEM Biggie+Smalls package for $60.

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #6,053 of 31,833
Sry i wasnt very clear on this. I found it on my mobile app amd assumed that the offer is available on web too. Either way i guess questions have been answered so awaiting more T2 reviews lol

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #6,054 of 31,833
hi guys! can someone tell me if one or more of these earphones can be used as in ear monitors on stage? thanks!

I keep bringing Auglamour RT-1 up. The isolation on these is crazy, it gets almost Etymotic level of isolation but with shallow insertion - might have something to do with no vents and double faceplate - plastic and metal on top of it. However, it probably has way too much of a sound stage for this purpose, and constant putting in/taking out could be a problem due to driver flex.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #6,055 of 31,833
I keep bringing Auglamour RT-1 up. The isolation on these is crazy, it gets almost Etymotic level of isolation but with shallow insertion - might have something to do with no vents and double faceplate - plastic and metal on top of it. However, it probably has way too much of a sound stage for this purpose, and constant putting in/taking out could be a problem due to driver flex.
Auglamour RT-1 seems good! and what about something like the dunu titan? i'm pretty new in this business and don't have much knowledge

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #6,056 of 31,833
... I'm still waiting to buy VE Monk IEM Biggie+Smalls package for $60.
VE Monk Biggie and Smalls? I checked the respective thread but it wasn't very informative what was said there:
  1. "...still waiting to receive them..."
  2. "...how do I get so much for only $60..."
  3. "...unimpressive before burn-in..."
  4. "...lots of burn-in..."
  5. "...can you compare them with the Hifiman RE400 ($699...correction: $79)?..."
  6. "...both lack treble..."
  7. "...burn-in helps..."
  8. "...did you use a spell checker?..."
  9. "...I'd like to see a mod that works..."
Or all summarized in two words: overpriced crap (with silly names, bundled for maximizing profit)?

People on that thread were so lovestruck that I better address my questions and concerns here:
  • What are the biggie and smalls all about? Why do they sell two iems in one set and what is the difference? Biggie and smalls appear to have the same size
  • They look extraordinarily cheap on the photos, even cheaper than the Monk Plus (I got sucked in and have two pairs of the latter)
  • They appear to sound cheap, too...therefore burn-in placebo has to be applied as the standard miracle cure
  • Comparison to RE400: hahahahahahaha...
  • I am weary from my experience with the VE Monk Plus: overpriced crap (price inflated by accessories, remote, and shipping cost)
  • Monk Plus is a $5 earbud that sounds like a $5 earbud but costs $15 in the end: nothing special and poor value!
  • VE offer other earbuds, too; that one youtube reviewer found the top model to be better than the Sennheiser HD600...I call this laughable without even testing the statement (I own the HD 600)
  • VE is a window-dressing company that appears to get lots of suckers (like me :gs1000smile:) that fall for their cheesy marketing: do they now sell two $5 earphones plus some extra cables for $60?
I would be very weary before ordering quantity before quality. Looks like another placebo to me.

$60 can actually buy you real earphones!

P.S. Outside of head-fi, I found only sparse information. One review was reminiscent of cult obedience...it really didn't contain any substance.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #6,057 of 31,833
VE Monk Biggie and Smalls? I checked the respective thread but it wasn't very informative what was said there:
  1. "...still waiting to receive them..."
  2. "...how do I get so much for only $60..."
  3. "...unimpressive before burn-in..."
  4. "...lots of burn-in..."
  5. "...can you compare them with the Hifiman RE400 ($699)?..."
  6. "...both lack treble..."
  7. "...burn-in helps..."
  8. "...did you use a spell checker?..."
  9. "...I'd like to see a mod that works..."
Or all summarized in two words: overpriced crap (with silly names, bundled for maximizing profit)?

People on that thread were so lovestruck that I better address my questions and concerns here:
  • What are the biggie and smalls all about? Why do they sell two iems in one set and what is the difference? Biggie and smalls appear to have the same size
  • They look extraordinarily cheap on the photos, even cheaper than the Monk Plus (I got sucked in and have two pairs of the latter)
  • They appear to sound cheap, too...therefore burn-in placebo has to be applied as the standard miracle cure
  • Comparison to RE400: hahahahahahaha...
  • I am weary from my experience with the VE Monk Plus: cheap, overpriced crap (price inflated by accessories, remote, and shipping cost)
  • Monk Plus is a $5 earbud that sounds like a $5 earbud but costs $15 in the end: nothing special and poor value!
  • VE offer other earbuds that one youtube reviewer found to be better than the Sennheiser HD600...I call this laughable without even testing the statement (I own the HD 600)
  • VE is a window-dressing company that appears to get lots of suckers (like me :gs1000smile:) that fall for their cheesy marketing: do they now sell two $5 earphones plus some extra cables fo $60?
I would be very weary before ordering quantity before quality. Looks like another placebo to me.

$60 can actually buy you real earphones!

(I believe you are talking about RE800 if it's 699$)
I came to pretty much the same conclusion just going from people's impressions. I commented on their thread how they look kinda cheap and that they would need to sound seriously good in order to compare to similarly priced but better built IEMs. The guy from VE went aggressive and told me how I have no friends who will give me the codes to buy them? His comment as well as my response got cleaned up but I got everything that I needed from that - with this attitude I wouldn't give them a single dollar for the best headphone in the world.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #6,058 of 31,833
(I believe you are talking about RE800 if it's 699$)
I came to pretty much the same conclusion just going from people's impressions. I commented on their thread how they look kinda cheap and that they would need to sound seriously good in order to compare to similarly priced but better built IEMs. The guy from VE went aggressive and told me how I have no friends who will give me the codes to buy them? His comment as well as my response got cleaned up but I got everything that I needed from that - with this attitude I wouldn't give them a single dollar for the best headphone in the world.

I was told that the VE head Monk ey and cult leader Lee is a condescending and arrogant individual. OK, the RE400 are only $79 but they are probably still way better.
The Biggie and Smallie silly-named earphones look like toys. I thought head-fi was about technology...

And I will never ever buy anything from VE Electronics anymore. Their stuff is for children.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back