CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 3, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #19,111 of 31,833
I do rather like the NiceHCK NX7. It does need a good 50 hours burn in before it settles in

I've been listening to my NX7, nearly continuously, since I opened the package yesterday afternoon. :ksc75smile:
Overnight with my Loxjie P20 Tube Hybrid Amp, and today - I've switched to the Balanced output on my iBasso PB2.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #19,112 of 31,833
I can now see why so many people are re-cabling the MH755... it sounds amazing. Could be best in it's class under £10.
Hopefully, someone on here will create and sell recabled MH755's.

PS: For now just buy a Ugreen extension cable.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #19,113 of 31,833
Anyone tried the TRN V60. Is it good?

Aliexpress NICEHCK audio store is selling them at $11 USD.
Am tempted to just blind buy it at this crazy pricing!

Wow these V60's sure look and have the same specs as the Y*ny** ASE that is no longer available:

They were just so-so, they only 2 things I remember about them were the massive bass rumble that tickles your ears and the fitment was comfortable. If you want something from TRN, I think the IM2 is a better buy for a few dollars more. TRN IM2 is bassy too, but not subbass tickle like the V60, and the treble is sharp and clean, similar to the KZ ZSN. I think the IM2 has better clarity than the ZSN, but it is more V shapped. audiobudget had a review of the V60 after they replaced all the defective ones.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #19,114 of 31,833
And comparing to zs10 pro? Better or worse ?
Hmm, I guess I'll cheat and just say "they're different". I prefer ZS10 Pro's tuning, but NX7 is more technically capable. If I could only keep one it probably would be the ZS10 Pro, as everything sounds good on the ZS10 Pro, whereas some things sound spectacular on the NX7 while some other things are just too bright.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #19,115 of 31,833
Been a while since I have been on this thread but I wanted to chime in on the NX7. I have had the NX7 since May of this year. I was chosen to actually hear their prototype before these came out. They were bass heavy before they did their final tuning actually. The final version what you guys are hearing.

If there is one phone you shouldn't judge out of the box it is the NX7. They don't sound too great out of the box. Burn in is one thing but I can say they are tip dependent and while they drive fine on any source. They sound crazy nice on a higher end dap or a more powerful source/ amp. Try them in balanced as well. They are also very much cable dependent. Stock cable is just a throw in and so are the tips.

Wide bored tips opens up the sound while counter intuitive as you would figure that would open up the treble more. Actually ends up balancing the sound more so. Narrow bored tips will enhance bass and mids. I was using a pure silver cable which made them sound more leaning toward analytical. I have a crystal copper cable on them now that thickens the sound and has the best synergy with the sound tuning that is on the NX7.

At any price you would figure earphones you buy should be optimized out of the box but I can safely say NiceHCK did not do any favors on the NX7 with their throw in cable and tips. That is pretty much the case for all their earphones. I can understand however since the NX7 is being sold way under MSRP. I was told they were gonna sell it for $100..

I can say if you take your time with the NX7. Try different sources/ cables/ tips. Your gonna get something you might not expect. In any case. My point of this post. Try and optimize the NX7. They just might surprise you.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #19,116 of 31,833
I can now see why so many people are re-cabling the MH755... it sounds amazing. Could be best in it's class under £10.

I personally think the sound makes it best in class for a much larger value than $10. I cant decide what that value is, but it sounds better than any chi-fi i've bought for $40 USD and under so far. But the build quality definitely does leave something to be desired. I need to stop being scared and try to recable mine soon. I really feel like they are the giant killers that so many of us chase after when first attracted to the chi-fi headphones.

Aug 3, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #19,118 of 31,833
I agree, everyone should have a MH755 in their arsenal
That is a powerful assertion!
It would be great to know how it compares with Sony MDR-XB50AP (my default IEM before going Chi-Fi).

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #19,119 of 31,833
That is a powerful assertion!
It would be great to know how it compares with Sony MDR-XB50AP (my default IEM before going Chi-Fi).

Oh, you reminded me. I was supposed to compare or ask @HungryPanda to do it for me. I do remember liking the MDR-XB50AP but I don't remember feeling like it was special like the MH755.

This is what it looks like for anyone who does not know. Can't remember all the color choices. I will try to find time for it after the weekend.

R0013242.JPG

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #19,120 of 31,833
Oh, you reminded me. I was supposed to compare or ask @HungryPanda to do it for me. I do remember liking the MDR-XB50AP but I don't remember feeling like it was special like the MH755.

This is what it looks like for anyone who does not know. Can't remember all the color choices. I will try to find time for it after the weekend.

Here's an old pic of mine which shows off another colour option. Don't have the 755 I tested on hand to compare (since it doesn't belong to me) but I'd say it's more competent than the XB50 from what I recall. Maybe not as good a sound stage but overall a cleaner, more balanced tune and much more controlled bass.

IMG_20140501_141149.jpg

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #19,121 of 31,833
Here's an old pic of mine which shows off another colour option. Don't have the 755 I tested on hand to compare (since it doesn't belong to me) but I'd say it's more competent than the XB50 from what I recall. Maybe not as good a sound stage but overall a cleaner, more balanced tune and much more controlled bass.

I do remember the XB50 being a little bass heavy for my taste... I get listeners fatigue from too much bass.

edit... looking at your photo, I realized I must have the stock tips on my XB50 as they look the same as yours. I probably should try something else to tame the bass.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #19,123 of 31,833

Lovely blue!

The reason I am asking, I never found them overly bass heavy (at least with two pairs out of three that I have a chance to listen, possibly I never got a very good seal with the stock tips that I did not bother to change in my pre-audiophile times and by inertia now). I still have one pair at one of the computers that I use and it stills kind of holds its own against what I have. :)

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #19,124 of 31,833
Hopefully, someone on here will create and sell recabled MH755's.

I really respect the headfiers here who can do their own DIY recabling and soldering. Wished i had the same skills.

A few shops in my hometown offered to recable the sony MH755 for me but they are quoting prices that are way more than the IEM itself. I've resigned myself to just using an extension cable for now.

I'll definitely be interested if you guys know a shop or link that sells genuine recabled MH755s at decent prices.

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #19,125 of 31,833
Been a while since I have been on this thread but I wanted to chime in on the NX7. I have had the NX7 since May of this year. I was chosen to actually hear their prototype before these came out. They were bass heavy before they did their final tuning actually. The final version what you guys are hearing.

If there is one phone you shouldn't judge out of the box it is the NX7. They don't sound too great out of the box. Burn in is one thing but I can say they are tip dependent and while they drive fine on any source. They sound crazy nice on a higher end dap or a more powerful source/ amp. Try them in balanced as well. They are also very much cable dependent. Stock cable is just a throw in and so are the tips.

Wide bored tips opens up the sound while counter intuitive as you would figure that would open up the treble more. Actually ends up balancing the sound more so. Narrow bored tips will enhance bass and mids. I was using a pure silver cable which made them sound more leaning toward analytical. I have a crystal copper cable on them now that thickens the sound and has the best synergy with the sound tuning that is on the NX7.

At any price you would figure earphones you buy should be optimized out of the box but I can safely say NiceHCK did not do any favors on the NX7 with their throw in cable and tips. That is pretty much the case for all their earphones. I can understand however since the NX7 is being sold way under MSRP. I was told they were gonna sell it for $100..

I can say if you take your time with the NX7. Try different sources/ cables/ tips. Your gonna get something you might not expect. In any case. My point of this post. Try and optimize the NX7. They just might surprise you.

Don't worry, as always, there will be people that love and kinda hate NX7.

To me, they aren't exactly competitively priced at 70$ so its good HCK don't do the 100$ msrp. Treble is not perfect at all, mids are less fowards than ZS10PRO....and somebody here measure both and conclude they might use the same drivers with the exception of piezo, one thing sure, they use bellsing Ba's and this is where the sword hit: these BA's will never achieve hifi sound, they have primitive timbre (can't find other way to express it better).

For now the NX7 are on burn in session, so, I hold my last impressions, wich were mostly positive at first. Cable can tame or extend whats already there, it will never do miracle to any audio gear, but sure, near everything is better than stock cable, wich was a bad choice for this price range and surely a way to push new buyer to buy more chifi cable.

I'm not sure how you were involve in this, but well, dude, you should go in Shenzhen to really make wise decision about inner drivers as well as housing choice, this housing is too small for what it got inside, wich explain a strange mix of good imaging and so so soundstage.

I will compare NX7 to ****, this will be extremely revealing comparaison.

And nope, im not a promoter.:wink::wink::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back