CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 3, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #19,126 of 31,833
I've been listening to my NX7, nearly continuously, since I opened the package yesterday afternoon. :ksc75smile:
Overnight with my Loxjie P20 Tube Hybrid Amp, and today - I've switched to the Balanced output on my iBasso PB2.

And now - I've assembled a 4-Pin XLR Plug -to- 2.5mm TRRS Jack Adapter (tested as wired correctly, by using the tests on AudioCheck.net) - so the NX7 are now connected to the Balanced output of my P20.
Also, I've been trying some tip rolling, and as long as I get a good seal in my ears, there's plenty of Bass - and the Midrange & Treble levels can be varied by using wider or narrower bore tips.

EDIT: Adding photos.
IMG_20190804_090527.jpg
IMG_20190804_090426.jpg
IMG_20190804_090300.jpg
IMG_20190804_090042.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #19,127 of 31,833
I really respect the headfiers here who can do their own DIY recabling and soldering. Wished i had the same skills.

A few shops in my hometown offered to recable the sony MH755 for me but they are quoting prices that are way more than the IEM itself. I've resigned myself to just using an extension cable for now.

I'll definitely be interested if you guys know a shop or link that sells genuine recabled MH755s at decent prices.

Bro. thats very very easy!

Well, for earbuds at least, i solder the first time in my life with DIY earbuds.

Now, well, its time i try these MH755s.

I think it would be cheaper to buy a soldering kit on ali and do it yourself, even if you miss you shot it can surely be done another time.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #19,128 of 31,833
A few shops in my hometown offered to recable the sony MH755 for me but they are quoting prices that are way more than the IEM itself. I've resigned myself to just using an extension cable for now.
Which ext cable will you use? I should check if UGREEN has one for the MH755.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #19,129 of 31,833
Which ext cable will you use? I should check if UGREEN has one for the MH755.

I just used a cheap 1 buck one from daiso. It probably degrades the sound a bit, maybe others can recommend good extension cables.

Aug 4, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #19,130 of 31,833
I just used a cheap 1 buck one from daiso. It probably degrades the sound a bit, maybe others can recommend good extension cables.
I ordered a Ugreen cable from Aliexpress. I've ordered $50 of the same type of cable from different sources on Aliexpress before and Ugreen was the best.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #19,131 of 31,833
There are tons of decent cheap cables on AE, just search for: 'DIY cable' or get an extension cable and cut one side off etc ...
A shop I can recommend is the 'RY Earphone Store'; they also have some nice and cheap connectors (MMCX etc...) for your DIY needs.

Screenshot_2019-08-04-09-43-10-966_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

Screenshot_2019-08-04-09-47-46-829_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

Happy shopping ...

Aug 4, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #19,132 of 31,833
I can now see why so many people are re-cabling the MH755... it sounds amazing. Could be best in it's class under £10.
I agree, but don't forget the KZ ED9!

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #19,133 of 31,833
There are tons of decent cheap cables on AE, just search for: 'DIY cable' or get an extension cable and cut one side off etc ...
A shop I can recommend is the 'RY Earphone Store'; they also have some nice and cheap connectors (MMCX etc...) for your DIY needs.

Happy shopping ...
Built-in nut holder lol

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #19,134 of 31,833
I guess this is the thread my comment would belong in. I received some Tin T2's recently and I must say, they are very impressive to me. I don't have any high end IEM's so I have nothing to compare to(lower end in-ears and more expensive headphones) but it's amazing that the sound these produce for the price compared to headphones in this arena. I guess it's typical for IEM's to outclass headphones when it comes to price to performance. I'm in fact so happy with these I'm about to buy multiple sets.

Aug 4, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #19,135 of 31,833
Been a while since I have been on this thread but I wanted to chime in on the NX7. I have had the NX7 since May of this year. I was chosen to actually hear their prototype before these came out. They were bass heavy before they did their final tuning actually. The final version what you guys are hearing.

If there is one phone you shouldn't judge out of the box it is the NX7. They don't sound too great out of the box. Burn in is one thing but I can say they are tip dependent and while they drive fine on any source. They sound crazy nice on a higher end dap or a more powerful source/ amp. Try them in balanced as well. They are also very much cable dependent. Stock cable is just a throw in and so are the tips.

Wide bored tips opens up the sound while counter intuitive as you would figure that would open up the treble more. Actually ends up balancing the sound more so. Narrow bored tips will enhance bass and mids. I was using a pure silver cable which made them sound more leaning toward analytical. I have a crystal copper cable on them now that thickens the sound and has the best synergy with the sound tuning that is on the NX7.

At any price you would figure earphones you buy should be optimized out of the box but I can safely say NiceHCK did not do any favors on the NX7 with their throw in cable and tips. That is pretty much the case for all their earphones. I can understand however since the NX7 is being sold way under MSRP. I was told they were gonna sell it for $100..

I can say if you take your time with the NX7. Try different sources/ cables/ tips. Your gonna get something you might not expect. In any case. My point of this post. Try and optimize the NX7. They just might surprise you.
Any suggestion for an upgrade cable, with the nx7 connector?

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #19,137 of 31,833
I received some Tin T2's recently and I must say, they are very impressive to me. I don't have any high end IEM's so I have nothing to compare to(lower end in-ears and more expensive headphones) but it's amazing that the sound these produce for the price compared to headphones in this arena. I guess it's typical for IEM's to outclass headphones when it comes to price to performance. I'm in fact so happy with these I'm about to buy multiple sets.
I heard one reviewer say the T2's sound like toys compared to the T3.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #19,138 of 31,833
I guess I can try the MH755 as well. Since I heard a lot about fakes, can someone post a link to a store selling genuine ones?
ebay sellers that sell original mh755 : Kanoya,electronhero,bestneed_3c,macpart168,xirui_01
just do not buy black color, they are mostly fake

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #19,139 of 31,833
Any suggestion for an upgrade cable, with the nx7 connector?

DSC06672.JPG
HTB18F1nX4_rK1RkHFqDq6yJAFXat.jpg

This is the cable I am using on my NX7. Silver coated crystal copper cable. This photo is the NiceHCK version but if you look around on aliexpress you can get this exact cable on a competing site for $45. You can guess what the competing site is. This is one of the better quality cables at under $50. I am using JVC spiral dot tips which opens up the sound of the NX7. I also use a pure silver cable on the NX7 when I want a bit more analytical type tuning on the NX7. This copper cable I pictured gives more fuller bass to mid note which has the added affect of taming a bit of the highs on the NX7 giving it a much more balanced take on the sound. I still get the outstanding detailed sound but tilted to be more musical due to this cable. Bass is outstanding using this cable. If you thought you need a bit more in the way of bass out of the NX7. Try out this cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back