CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 21, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #16,366 of 31,833
I don't really see the volume change as negative right now... both sides seem to be the same level (tested with my ears and by holding them against my smartphone mic with audiometer app).

the raster is standard 5mm paper, first 2 pics with my phone, last one with camera. Sorry not much time right now... applied tip is medium, 3 tips in second pic are sml

thanks for the pics.
Unique shape, wonder about comfort...

About sound, i never have piezo driver, but perhaps it open up after burn in and if its the one responsible for higher frequencies it will sure became louder....any change in overall sound or exact same...from what you remeber??

And about Now sound, how would you describe it?

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #16,367 of 31,833
Dang, must say the build quality on the TRN IM1 is really bad. My faceplate fell off and now i am afraid the metal shell will fall off too. Use some double sided tape to hold them tgt at the moment. Keeping my fingers crossed on this.

Side note, the MH755 tips and the Tennmak Piano are a great combi!

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #16,368 of 31,833
Dang, must say the build quality on the TRN IM1 is really bad. My faceplate fell off and now i am afraid the metal shell will fall off too. Use some double sided tape to hold them tgt at the moment. Keeping my fingers crossed on this.

Side note, the MH755 tips and the Tennmak Piano are a great combi!

Can you send them back to TRN? That’s obviously a manufacturing defect, and would be covered under warranty. They even make all new ones without the metal for that exact reason.

I remember when a previous TRN model had widespread defects. TRN actually shipped all owners new IEMs (you just had to work with your Aliexpress seller to verify a legitimate purchase).

And that’s pretty cool to me. I like companies that step up and take responsibility for problems, and even go the extra mile to make it right with their customers.

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #16,369 of 31,833
Can you send them back to TRN? That’s obviously a manufacturing defect, and would be covered under warranty. They even make all new ones without the metal for that exact reason.

I remember when a previous TRN model had widespread defects. TRN actually shipped all owners new IEMs (you just had to work with your Aliexpress seller to verify a legitimate purchase).

And that’s pretty cool to me. I like companies that step up and take responsibility for problems, and even go the extra mile to make it right with their customers.
Wow seriously? Alright i shall try to drop them a msg on their facebook page this weekends

Thanks anw!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #16,370 of 31,833
Wow seriously? Alright i shall try to drop them a msg on their facebook page this weekends

Thanks anw!

Yeah, serious as a heart attack.

It was the V60. If you do a search, you’ll find loads of information on the issue.

For example, here’s 2 posts I found from a quick search:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1053#post-14279828

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1067#post-14306024

Keep us updated friend, because you are not the only person affected by the metal face plate falling off...

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #16,371 of 31,833
This thread has been super helpful and I come back to it often, however, now that i've tried a few different ChIEMs its hard to keep track of comparisons.
Does anyone know or maintain a running list (other than the first post?)

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #16,372 of 31,833
This thread has been super helpful and I come back to it often, however, now that i've tried a few different ChIEMs its hard to keep track of comparisons.
Does anyone know or maintain a running list (other than the first post?)

That would require 1 person to own every product on the market. And on every review, to compare the current product with every single previous product. That’s not really feasible.

Where’s the funding going to come for that, and how do we guarantee it stays non-biased?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #16,374 of 31,833
That would require 1 person to own every product on the market. And on every review, to compare the current product with every single previous product. That’s not really feasible.

Where’s the funding going to come for that, and how do we guarantee it stays non-biased?

Fair enough. I guess I was thinking along the lines of a large community spreadsheet that has anecdotal (admittedly, biased) comparisons.
Probably not easily feasible.

Anyway, a big thanks to everyone that participates in this thread.

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #16,375 of 31,833
After buying C10s and losing them, I've pulled the trigger on ****. Got them for $23 on AE. As a budget earphones collector and listener, planning to add the sub $30 Advanced IEMs to the collection. Anyone has tried them? Are they worth it?

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #16,376 of 31,833
Fair enough. I guess I was thinking along the lines of a large community spreadsheet that has anecdotal (admittedly, biased) comparisons.
Probably not easily feasible.

Anyway, a big thanks to everyone that participates in this thread.

Most people in individual reviews usually compare their current product with 2-3 similar products.

Even though it may not be something you have, you may have to compare a few reviews.

For example, if you’re interested in how the TinAudio T3 compares with the KZ ZS7, there may not be a review with a direct comparison. But there may be 1 review that compares the TinAudio T2 with the TinAudio T3, and another review that compares the TinAudio T2 with the KZ ZS7. Then you can use both reviews and kinda interpolate how the T3 would compare to the ZS7.

Make sense?

Also, this may be obvious, but HeadFi itself has (collectively) the most extensive collection of reviews you’re going to find anywhere.

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #16,377 of 31,833
After buying C10s and losing them, I've pulled the trigger on ****. Got them for $23 on AE. As a budget earphones collector and listener, planning to add the sub $30 Advanced IEMs to the collection. Anyone has tried them? Are they worth it?
buy some good cable for the ****, the stock one is trash, the 8 core TRN cable is not bad and is 7$

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #16,378 of 31,833
buy some good cable for the ****, the stock one is trash, the 8 core TRN cable is not bad and is 7$

Any other options apart from TRN 8-core cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back