CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 21, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #16,381 of 31,833
The n3 got louder after 10-15h of use. I am now down to -35db for comfortable listening.
The right earpiece has very loud driver flex, the left one none at all :confused:
Insertion took some getting used to, it's more of a straight push than the "plug and twist" approach i used for the se215. Pulling the earlobe a bit helps.
theres a little post-preasure-sensation from the shell when removing the n3 after longer use, but i don't notice it much while wearing them. se215 is definetly more comfortable

I agree that it needs some time to get used to and find right method to put them on.
Twisting N3s can be actually quite painful for me. I’ve found out that best way for me is to push the lower part in while slightly pulling upper part. Like twisting slightly but from down up. And when nozzle is seated properly in your ear than pushing upper part slightly to get perfect fit.

thanks for the pics.
Unique shape, wonder about comfort...

About sound, i never have piezo driver, but perhaps it open up after burn in and if its the one responsible for higher frequencies it will sure became louder....any change in overall sound or exact same...from what you remeber??

And about Now sound, how would you describe it?

Comfort is actually very good once you find right way to put them on as mentioned above. I barely feel them and there are no hot spots so far.

You can check my first impressions in other chifi thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1478#post-14791798

I’ve taken them out of burn-in rig for a spin today and they seem to balance and smoothen slightly more. Currently cca 30hours in and I am actually starting to like them. Detailed sound with good instrument separation and no harshness. Soundstage seems to be good too. Will have to tip roll more but so far they’re definitely not bad.

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #16,382 of 31,833
thanks for the pics.
Unique shape, wonder about comfort...

About sound, i never have piezo driver, but perhaps it open up after burn in and if its the one responsible for higher frequencies it will sure became louder....any change in overall sound or exact same...from what you remeber??

And about Now sound, how would you describe it?

I could only speculate about any sound signature changes, so if they changed at all its only very minor.
comfort wise i'd say if the se215 is a 9.5/10 the n3 gets 8/10. But this is only in my ears. The shures should fit almost every ear, while the n3 can cause problems with tighter ear canals or grooves that don't match the n3s notch.

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #16,383 of 31,833
After buying C10s and losing them, I've pulled the trigger on ****. Got them for $23 on AE. As a budget earphones collector and listener, planning to add the sub $30 Advanced IEMs to the collection. Anyone has tried them? Are they worth it?

I prefer the Sleepers over the Elise. Both are good though. The Sleepers is tuned to be neutral/balanced. Only pair of tips is included due to the design. The amount of sub bass is surprising.

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #16,384 of 31,833
Nicehck N3 measurements:
N3.jpg

EDIT:
Measured with a Dayton iMM-6 mic, Ugreen USB audio interface, and a vinyl tubing coupler.
Measurements are provided with 1/12 smoothing and without compensation.
The magnitude of the 8k valley is probably an artifact of the coupler, which I have seen on on other Dayton mic + vinyl tubing measurements.

Attached for comparison is the official Nicehck N3 graph:
HTB1dURHa_HuK1RkSndVq6xVwpXaK.jpg

The peaks are in roughly the same places, indicating that the manufacturer's graph is real, albeit squashed.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #16,386 of 31,833
Yeah, serious as a heart attack.

It was the V60. If you do a search, you’ll find loads of information on the issue.

For example, here’s 2 posts I found from a quick search:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1053#post-14279828

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1067#post-14306024

Keep us updated friend, because you are not the only person affected by the metal face plate falling off...
Ahh i should have made it clearer, only the plastic resin above the metal plate fell off. So its only an aesthetic issue. The metal plate fortunately is still holding on but nympho had the same issue initially before the metal plate fell apart... Guess i shall wait then :sob:

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #16,387 of 31,833
Okay, this is a long review...can't abstain my myself: i write a novel about how much I love the Final Audio E2000.

A masterclass in audio tuning approach really.

Will try to be more concise for E3000. Its really a new territory for me, and a serious audiophile one. Fascinating for people who love multiple music style and think they already heard everything in it.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-audio-e2000.22680/

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #16,389 of 31,833
I prefer the Sleepers over the Elise. Both are good though. The Sleepers is tuned to be neutral/balanced. Only pair of tips is included due to the design. The amount of sub bass is surprising.

Interesting. Sleepers look right down my alley then! :wink:

Yup! ...They're very much worth it! :wink:

Any recommendations from you @1clearhead ?

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #16,390 of 31,833
Any recommendations from you @1clearhead ?
Yes! ...Definitely the **** will please you for the price versus sound, quality, and overall value! Sorry for your lost of the C10, though you should be fine with either the **** or C10.

Here's a run down on both of them from my profile homepage...:thumbsup:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + Piezo Tweeter(s) (+ BA Armature(s)):

HD large drivers + BA armature + Piezo Ceramic Drivers per side
PSR: 10
SS: Luscious with excellent transparency and hi-end details/micro-details, life-like MID's, and fast textured sub-bass/bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 9
OP: 8
OV: 10
COMMENTS: Interestingly, it's "neutral" when used with its default and packaged ear tips, but easily can be converted to "balanced" when used with aftermarket silicone ear tips! Though, they actually get my top rating of 10 PSR for its neutral + natural sound signature!

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

CCA C10
HD Driver + 4 BA Drive Units per side with CCA exclusive crossover network circuitry
SS: Premium sound quality! -deep punchy sub-bass, excellent clean vocals, silky pristine hi-end details with solid and superior soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 10
OP: 7
COMMENTS: Give them at least 20 hours of playtime and they'll blossom to grant you supremacy at such a low price over more expensive models!...These are definitely a perfect 10 in PSR!

To check out more? Go to my profile homepage...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #16,391 of 31,833
The Sleepers are tiny, bass is not neutral but sub and mid bass are balanced in relation to other freqs so it's not peaky at all.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #16,392 of 31,833
Yes! ...Definitely the **** will please you for the price versus sound, quality, and overall value! Sorry for your lost of the C10, though you should be fine with either the **** or C10.

Here's a run down on both of them from my profile homepage...:thumbsup:

RATING CHART Highest Rating Possible: 10

PSR = PRO SOUND RATING
SS = SOUND SIGNATURE
BQ = BUILD QUALITY
OP = OVERALL PACKAGE
OV = OVERALL VALUE

NOTE: Top position will go towards PRO SOUND RATING (PSR)

HYBRIDS DD + Piezo Tweeter(s) (+ BA Armature(s)):

HD large drivers + BA armature + Piezo Ceramic Drivers per side
SS: Luscious with excellent transparency and hi-end details/micro-details, life-like MID's, and fast textured sub-bass/bass with excellent soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 9
OP: 8
COMMENTS: Interestingly, it's "neutral" when used with its default and packaged ear tips, but easily can be converted to "balanced" when used with aftermarket silicone ear tips! Though, they actually get my top rating of 10 PSR for its neutral + natural sound signature!

HYBRIDS DD + BA Armature(s):

CCA C10
HD Driver + 4 BA Drive Units per side with CCA exclusive crossover network circuitry
SS: Premium sound quality! -deep punchy sub-bass, excellent clean vocals, silky pristine hi-end details with solid and superior soundstage and resolution!
BQ: 10
OP: 7
COMMENTS: Give them at least 20 hours of playtime and they'll blossom to grant you supremacy at such a low price over more expensive models!...These are definitely a perfect 10 in PSR!

To check out more? Go to my profile homepage...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/1clearhead.363120/

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Will surely repurchase C10s. And thanks for the recommendations.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #16,395 of 31,833
that graph looks very uneven, what a huge drop from 4khz to around 10khz, also those peaks at 2k an 4k, ouch

yeah, but i wonder a little bit if this is due to the measuerment equipment somehow. The other posted graph for the trn h1 by @darmanastartes also has a double peak in the 2-5khz range followed by a huge dip to 8khz with a small plateau around 6-7khz. Given that the trn h1 has a very different shape and driver config i find that a little odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back