CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 20, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #16,351 of 31,833
My official comparaison of Final Audio Design E2000 VS...
tadatatatam!

KZ ZS10!! Hourray!

Compared to E2000, ZS10 sound like a giant Pollock painting while E2000 sound like a Rembrandt.
convergence_u-l-ehp4w0.jpg

VS
archange.jpg

Even if the sound canvas is bigger, thanks to its Dynamic driver and 4 ba’s, it strangely sound more mudded because of double bleed of sub bass into mid bass and mid bass punch decay into lower mids, This can pass with modern jazz trio, but still, it will feel unbalanced and bassy and shouty, wich make me either lower or increase the volume depending of music I play….sigh. Yeah, i’m distract by lot of clumsy colouring with the ZS10, bass lack the transparency of E2000 as well as its tighness, and well, as said, the natural balance. For mids, its very fowards and upper mids create sibilance. Treble is perhaps more sparkly, but again, its a drawback as when I put solo harpsichord it decay and attack sound out of phase and feel like there more than one instrument in there. With the E2000, one would think it sound warmer , well, only compared to brightish artificial treble of ZS10, because I can find more details and natural texture in violin, while the harpsichord have fuller pitch and sound actually like a single instrument in the middle of a room. So, yeah, ZS10 is for people that wanna go check last transformer movie with there ears while E2000 are for the one that want to listen a lively natural music concert well mastered or in acoustic room.

About comfort, let’s pass and just look the picture and well, understand we are in complete opposite world from sound to construction design (okay, I must admit I laugh alot doing this comparaison, but it was needed).

P2200712.JPG P2200709.JPG P2200708.JPG P2180705.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #16,352 of 31,833
Hehe, yeah, well, im still curious about exploring some chifi holes, just became more selective...to save me money and time:wink: I will try Brainwavz B200-400, Tinaudio T3, NiceHCK N3 and BQEYZ BQ3 for example.

Anyway, now im in a big ''reeducation'' process, like, instead of searching for firework i learn to contemplate beauty of nature again ahah Anyway, the V shape never was appropriate for classical and jazz, wich are my favorite music style. Sure, extra body to cello can be joyfull, but put another cello or violin and it can became muddied or unbalanced.

Any suggestion of great near neutral and natural (not cold) sounding sub-100$ iem???
For under $100 you could try ****, CCA C10 or C16 which can be found for that price. They are all natural sounding well balanced IEMs. C16 is amazing, though, IMHO.

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #16,353 of 31,833
All that talk about C16 awesomeness but NO freaking FR graphs? C`mon... makes ppl cautious.

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #16,354 of 31,833
All that talk about C16 awesomeness but NO freaking FR graphs? C`mon... makes ppl cautious.
I think, though I have not seen one, that an FR graph would look “not right” for people who are judging by FR graphs. I think, just by listening and by what people are now considering “good” that there will be spikes in places that people don’t normally like spikes. The caveat to that is, it’s also where a lot of small details reside. String scrub, reverb, delay trails, room echo, etc.

Feb 21, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #16,355 of 31,833
I think, though I have not seen one, that an FR graph would look “not right” for people who are judging by FR graphs. I think, just by listening and by what people are now considering “good” that there will be spikes in places that people don’t normally like spikes. The caveat to that is, it’s also where a lot of small details reside. String scrub, reverb, delay trails, room echo, etc.
I`m not trying to "judge" only by graphs... just that it provides good insight about IEM tonality and sound signature.

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #16,357 of 31,833
Yes, I was not implying that. Sorry if it came off that way. I would also like to see a graph. But as we know, FR's always cause debates. I can just imagine when the graphs come out...

FR is like "first screening" for me, if theyre good, so pass my first requirement, still far from final judgement.
of course there more conditions. bad FR but everyone is saying good, i will keep pay attention.

after FR, then come people's reviews and comments, if the FR is passable for me, i will read and gathering information etc.

Feb 21, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #16,359 of 31,833
There is a ton of really good IEMs in the $100 range that it has to compete with.
Please name some?
At 100$ (not around 130$) there is not much great choices imo.

Feb 21, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #16,360 of 31,833

Yeah, I like graph too, and I guess like you its just for a general abstract idea, cause for sure we can't see decay of these spike...but really, I think we must be paranoid about spike. I find some site like with lot of graphs (not C16 in it tough).

http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&category=112

I'm interest to find more, especially for chifi iem that aren't generous about fr graphs.

Even if Final Audio tell me fr graph do not reflect what we actually hear, I think they are too afraid of how people will interpret them instead of giving them a try, but the E2000 graph is really beautifull without any peaks...wich is a plus IMO

Check this beauty, thats near flat to me:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

EDIT: It ''look flat to me'' is subjective opinion due to sound impressions i have about E2000 leaning towards neutral, balanced with hint of extra brightness in mids (little spice there, no harshness whatsoever). To be honnest, must of time graph mislead me...its always after listening that my mind remodulate them, but when it look crazy as crap sure...its not a good sign, as well as just one sudden ultra sharp peaks etc...but i just can't trust 100% ANY graph! None, nada!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #16,361 of 31,833
Yeah, I like graph too, and I guess like you its just for a general abstract idea, cause for sure we can't see decay of these spike...but really, I think we must be paranoid about spike. I find some site with lot of graphs (not C16 in it tough).

http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&category=112

I'm interest to find more, especially for chifi iem that aren't generous about fr graphs.

Even if Final Audio tell me fr graph do not reflect what we actually hear, I think they are too afraid of how people will interpret them instead of giving them a try, but the E2000 graph is really beautifull without any peaks...wich is a plus IMO

Check this beauty, thats near flat to me:
GetAttachmentThumbnail
The scale on that graph looks weird to me. Reminds me of the manipulation done to the "official" BGVP DM6 graph, which Crin dissected here.

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #16,362 of 31,833
The scale on that graph looks weird to me. Reminds me of the manipulation done to the "official" BGVP DM6 graph, which Crin dissected here.

Look sexy to me, weird to you, all taste is in nature!

As the wise Crin say:
''To reiterate my point again, just because two graphs are different doesn't necessarily mean that one has to be wrong while the other has to be right. Just like with reviews and impressions, don't just take data from a single source; seek out as many as you can before forming an opinion.''

Wich im 100% in line with.

There were zero E2000 graph, was just curious to see one, can't wait to see more in fact, and compare, but i compress 1kh-10khz in my mind, as the way its show is a longer looking curve due to measuring equipment...anyway, biggest peak wich isnt sharp looking is in upper mids and do not look to sharp. To be honnest, i conclude nothing with a graph....as everybody its with my ears.

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #16,363 of 31,833
there is a small difference in volume level when swapping the se215 with the n3... for similar listening volume i have to use -30db for the n3 where i use -32db for the se215.

The n3 got louder after 10-15h of use. I am now down to -35db for comfortable listening.
The right earpiece has very loud driver flex, the left one none at all :confused:
Insertion took some getting used to, it's more of a straight push than the "plug and twist" approach i used for the se215. Pulling the earlobe a bit helps.
theres a little post-preasure-sensation from the shell when removing the n3 after longer use, but i don't notice it much while wearing them. se215 is definetly more comfortable

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #16,364 of 31,833
The n3 got louder after 10-15h of use. I am now down to -35db for comfortable listening.
The right earpiece has very loud driver flex, the left one none at all :confused:
Insertion took some getting used to, it's more of a straight push than the "plug and twist" approach i used for the se215. Pulling the earlobe a bit helps.
theres a little post-preasure-sensation from the shell when removing the n3 after longer use, but i don't notice it much while wearing them. se215 is definetly more comfortable
Louder? thats odd....I hope were not in quality checks issue again...did both iem sound same volume level??

so, burn in do something for real...but negative...hope it will magically balance now!

Can you be kind enough to share pics bro (with and without eat tips)??

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #16,365 of 31,833
Louder? thats odd....I hope were not in quality checks issue again...did both iem sound same volume level??

so, burn in do something for real...but negative...hope it will magically balance now!

Can you be kind enough to share pics bro (with and without eat tips)??

I don't really see the volume change as negative right now... both sides seem to be the same level (tested with my ears and by holding them against my smartphone mic with audiometer app).

n3-1.png n3-2.png n3-3.png

the raster is standard 5mm paper, first 2 pics with my phone, last one with camera. Sorry not much time right now... applied tip is medium, 3 tips in second pic are sml

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back