CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 19, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #16,322 of 31,833
I have only KP
**** should be compared with earphones in the 150 - 250$ price range, don't let that 25$ price fool you
Interesting. I think you should go grab the Moondrop Crescent as well. :) I liked it much better than the ****. You may find this weird, but listening to them side by side, I found the **** to have a more artificial timber with male and female vocals when compared to the Crescent. It may be that the **** is a bit too analytical already and I prefer the more 'colored' sound of the Crescent. It's kinda weird calling the Crescent colored though, but I guess that fits when comparing it to the ****.

My biggest and probably only complaint on the Crescent is the freaking cable though, as it's pretty microphonic and it's kinda annoying that it's not removable (spoiled by all the others at this price range and cheaper I suppose). For tips, I found the MH755 Sony Tips to be a perfect match, and I'm tempted to buy more MH755 just to get more of those tips.

Currently rotating between my iems and using the F300 (used the **** yesterday) so that they all get some love. I like my F300's as well, probably the most comfy iems that I have with such a laidback sound that's a match for many different genres

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #16,323 of 31,833
which one is better in terms of SQ? got QCY Q1S for my wife couple weeks ago, and to my surprise theyre good for the price, BT 5.0, with that tech, and doesnt sound muddy at all. Think of MH755 with lower bass quantity. MH755 still better but its really good for budget true wireless at less than $20.

I might try Zeus if it is better than that QCY
Probably the exact same product. Just a different brand name.

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #16,324 of 31,833
I can only speak for the ZS7 (the reason is in my signature), but they have different tunings. 1 is tuned neutral and the other is tuned mild v shaped.

So it depends on what you like and your genres. That should tell you which would be more enjoyable. I listen to mostly EDM, which sounds anemic on neutral gear. But the classical and orchestral folks want flat and neutral tuning and usually hate v shaped tuning.
That`s where slight U-shape signature or Harman-neutral comes beneficial, imo. gives larger variety to different genres and still sounds great.
I love my KP over modded IT01 for that but still sometimes little more V-shaped tuning of IT01 comes in play...

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #16,325 of 31,833
That's because what kills the shipping during the month of February is the "Chinese New Year's". This is the only time of the year that everyone in China seems to stop "dead on their tracks" to celebrate a whole month of festivities while bringing in their New Year.
Hi, it's best to contact seller (Jim from NiceHCK). I ordered the C10 at the beginning of February and still no shipping. The reason is that C10 is out of stock and seller is waiting for manufacturer to send a new batch. So it might not be a problem with New Year holidays in China

Feb 19, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #16,326 of 31,833
Likewise, I ordered my **** from NiceHCK Audio Store about 24 days ago and have not received any information concerning shipment. Which store did you order from?

AK Audio. After over a week I asked them if it was going to take much longer, as the other things I ordered the same day and a week later, at other stores, were sent out in a day. They told me they would try to send it out before the Chinese new year. Things I ordered during and after the Chinese new year at other stores have been dispatched within a day. I've sent them another message yesterday and just got a confusing reply about me extending the time which would make the warehouse think that they have to send it out later. I extended the time twice when it was running out and, unless I'm mistaking, if the time runs out the order gets cancelled.

NiceHCK did send out my C10 very quickly, which I ordered on January 21st.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #16,329 of 31,833
Are Tin T2 OK for running and exercise, when worn over the ear? How's comfort over the ear?
For such things, KZ ZS4/ZS3E is good choice with its boosted bass and treble and very secure fit and low weight.

Feb 19, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #16,330 of 31,833
I'm still waiting for my CCA C10. I'm wondering if the stock cable is good enough as I've seen some people complaining about it. I noticed that some sellers on Ali Express are selling C10 along with the upgraded cable. May be I should have got that.

I also have the KZ ES4, so does that cable work with C10 if the stock cable is not good enough?

Ironic that they're using the tagline "Immersive live experience is shocking" for the upgrade cable when the stock cable is a static magnet.

Feb 19, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #16,331 of 31,833
Interesting. I think you should go grab the Moondrop Crescent as well. :) I liked it much better than the ****. You may find this weird, but listening to them side by side, I found the **** to have a more artificial timber with male and female vocals when compared to the Crescent. It may be that the **** is a bit too analytical already and I prefer the more 'colored' sound of the Crescent. It's kinda weird calling the Crescent colored though, but I guess that fits when comparing it to the ****.

My biggest and probably only complaint on the Crescent is the freaking cable though, as it's pretty microphonic and it's kinda annoying that it's not removable (spoiled by all the others at this price range and cheaper I suppose). For tips, I found the MH755 Sony Tips to be a perfect match, and I'm tempted to buy more MH755 just to get more of those tips.

Currently rotating between my iems and using the F300 (used the **** yesterday) so that they all get some love. I like my F300's as well, probably the most comfy iems that I have with such a laidback sound that's a match for many different genres
i dont need another earphone, i am done, have too many, **** on my setup sound noting like artificial at all, but i dont use stock tips and run them balanced, the treble is very interesting, it sounds like electret treble driver, like in the old AKG hybrids

Feb 19, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #16,332 of 31,833
Hi, it's best to contact seller (Jim from NiceHCK). I ordered the C10 at the beginning of February and still no shipping. The reason is that C10 is out of stock and seller is waiting for manufacturer to send a new batch. So it might not be a problem with New Year holidays in China
LOL! ...You know that I was quoting someone else, right?

I don't need to buy the C10, I already have 3 of them, since I work and live in China. The reason they're out of stock is the same reason NiceHCK is not receiving any inventory because of the Chinese New Year/Spring Festival.
All businesses close down for almost a month!...It's their tradition in China.:wink:

Don't believe me? Do an online research on "Chinese New Year" or "Chinese Spring Festival"

-Clear :ok_hand:

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #16,333 of 31,833

I don't need to buy the C10, I already have 3 of them, since I work and live in China. The reason they're out of stock is the same reason NiceHCK is not receiving any inventory because of the Chinese New Year/Spring Festival.
All businesses close down for almost a month!...It's their tradition in China.:wink:

Don't believe me? Do an online research on "Chinese New Year" or "Chinese Spring Festival"

You are right in the chi fi heaven

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #16,335 of 31,833

since you're living in china, im curious, is there any audio store that you can try the display of chi-fis there like audio store in japan? If there is, wow must be a heaven, dont need to buy and try everytime. I could spend hours in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back