CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread
Mar 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #91 of 1,412
Thanks again guys for all the kind reviews.

I have been getting a ton of PMs and just about every one starts off by saying "Sorry to bother you" or "Sorry for all the questions" etc.

GUYS!!!!
The reason we are "hear" (sorry for the pun, I couldn't help myself) is to do ONE thing.....ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AND GET FEEDBACK!!!

Our products are only as good as the people who use them. So, PLEASE by all means feel free to contact me at any time. We really appreciate the opportunity to speak with each and every customer!!!

atsmile.gif

Thanks Jay. Much appreciated. I do have a request. We now have the DACmini CX model shipping now, with the PX on the horizon. Could you outline for us, to the degree possible, the coming models in the Que & their distinctive features & if possible, gross price points. Also projected timeframes for production & shipping for each.

Any details you can provide would be appreciated. I'm seeing a lot of DACmini related posts now on various threads & I can tell most folks don't know that there are or will be multiple versions of the DACmini, CX, PX,, etc.

I am particularly interested in learning whether or not you guys may create a dac model at some point with a 32 bit based chip set &/or a dac/amp model with balanced inputs/outputs. I'm sure others will have other questions about future plans.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #92 of 1,412
I've was home with a sick little girl today so I took the opportunity to do more research on my impending DAC/Amp purchase. I'm finding the DACmini blog a particularly interesting read, the design process, the attention to detail, thoughts on globalization, all give a greater insight into the company and its philosophy.

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #94 of 1,412
Hey there and thanks for pinging us for status. We have had some shipping delays and I feel responsible for this one.

We've been running a blog with status updates on our site, so instead of re-posting that information here and potentially causing confusion with multiple sources of changing data, I suggest that you check that blog for updates. I commit to making daily updates until we are back in stock, which should just be about a week from now (est. April 3rd). Can't imagine that once April arrives the back order will be behind us.. That will be a welcome feeling for both ourselves and for our customers.

http://centrance.com/blog/

Michael

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #96 of 1,412
Does this do ok with IEM's..?? I tend to swap between my headphones and iem's all the time, so im after something that can do both. A gain of 8 seems a little steep after reading Headphone Addict's post. But with the upcoming HE-500 from Head Direct this could be a killer combo.

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #97 of 1,412
Does this do ok with IEM's..?? I tend to swap between my headphones and iem's all the time, so im after something that can do both. A gain of 8 seems a little steep after reading Headphone Addict's post. But with the upcoming HE-500 from Head Direct this could be a killer combo.

CEntrance sent me a replacement with a gain of 10 & I find it to still be great with all my IEMs so a gain of 8 will certainly be aOK! If you want less gain, ask them for it when you order.

Mar 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #98 of 1,412
A little known secret is that we actually sort the volume pots for perfect tracking. It's an automated test, so goes a little faster than totally manual, but still a chore. Despite the fact that the pot comes from a reputable supplier, the sorting statistics is rather low - about 23% are passed, which means the actual cost of the pot is about triple, but the end result is that the pot we allow to install into DACmini tracks both channels well into the lowest volume settings, which means that IEMs are ok. Incidentally, we have not found a pot that would be specified for better than 1.5 dB tracking error. Most are guaranteed at minimum 3dB error. What we get after sorting is pots that track within less than 1dB. That's pretty good inter-channel tracking.

Michael

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #99 of 1,412

Quote:
A little known secret is that we actually sort the volume pots for perfect tracking. It's an automated test, so goes a little faster than totally manual, but still a chore. Despite the fact that the pot comes from a reputable supplier, the sorting statistics is rather low - about 23% are passed, which means the actual cost of the pot is about triple, but the end result is that the pot we allow to install into DACmini tracks both channels well into the lowest volume settings, which means that IEMs are ok. Incidentally, we have not found a pot that would be specified for better than 1.5 dB tracking error. Most are guaranteed at minimum 3dB error. What we get after sorting is pots that track within less than 1dB. That's pretty good inter-channel tracking.

Michael

beerchug.gif
  Thumbs up to you guys Michael!!

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #100 of 1,412
Placed an order for this tonight :D Ive wanted something that has a small footprint and has both a dac/headamp for ages. With the current promo deal i couldnt pass it up! Free Shipping! Hells yes!

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #101 of 1,412

No, 8 is just right. I can use any IEM I own, down to very low volumes.

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #102 of 1,412

What is the current promo deal?  On the shopping cart web page, I see a spot to enter a coupon code, but I don't have a code.  Is there a Head-Fi promo going on?

Quote:
With the current promo deal i couldnt pass it up! Free Shipping! Hells yes!

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #103 of 1,412
No no when you get to the checkout is says Free Shipping Promo! So i saved myself $44 on shipping! Which is pretty good imo!

Quote:
What is the current promo deal?  On the shopping cart web page, I see a spot to enter a coupon code, but I don't have a code.  Is there a Head-Fi promo going on?

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #105 of 1,412

Quote:
Quote:

No, 8 is just right. I can use any IEM I own, down to very low volumes.

How's the low volume tracking and just how low can you get the volume compared to the HDP and uDac2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back