Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 5, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #1,501 of 8,196
So my player seems to have suddenly bricked itself. I've been listening to music all morning and suddenly it just went dead. It's totally black, hasn't been responding to being plugged in, powered on or anything...seems totally dead. Has this ever happened to anyone? Possible solutions?
Mine wouldn't power on once without a long power button press, this is quick charge circuit safety feature apparently. Its only done this once though no problems since.

Its early days but my battery checker app still has the battery health at 101% too.

This is the protection mechanism of Qualcomm CPU in N6ii. With our previous DAP, if you crashed your DAP, it will either restart itself, or you can plug in a charger to wake it up if the power on/off button is freezed. All these don't work with N6ii because when Qualcomm CPU entered safe mode for whatever reason, it will disable the charging detection as well and you can only wake it up by 15 sec long power button press.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 5, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #1,502 of 8,196
This the international debut of T01 Audio Motherboard and let's hope some N6ii users will be able to visit this show and share their impression with everyone here.

Do you have any idea when it will be available to purchase (and how much)?

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #1,503 of 8,196
new owner of cayin n6ii and I dam love this dap, finally a great android dap

on my trip to honk kong I had so many choices, either buy a new AK dap, or any other dap that is totl, and after I auditioned all daps, cayin n6ii ticks all boxes, as I wanted a great sounding android dap, and that is easy and fluid to use.

I bought so many gears from Hong Kong, and I love the cayin with all my new purchases
- noble khan
-sony ier-z1r
- denon 9200
-64audio tia trio
-qdc fusion
-final make1

I had a blast in Hong Kong auditioned all the amazing gears yes but my wallet suffered

You bought all these in one visit? Wow, definitely a big spender. :beerchug:

Its amazing that whatever you throw to it, Cayin N6ii will make it sing, right? Sometimes it's a peace of mind that your DAP will perform reasonable well with any IEM, so when you go shopping, you can go wild. :ksc75smile:

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #1,504 of 8,196

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #1,505 of 8,196
You bought all these in one visit? Wow, definitely a big spender. :beerchug:

Its amazing that whatever you throw to it, Cayin N6ii will make it sing, right? Sometimes it's a peace of mind that your DAP will perform reasonable well with any IEM, so when you go shopping, you can go wild. :ksc75smile:

well its a well deserved credit for cayin n6ii, and now ak se100 is getting jealous of all the playtime the n6ii gets.

well I hold your dap responsible as it made almost all totl iems I auditioned sound amazing, so now my wallet is suffering :) thanks to your dap :)

Noble Audio Khan and Encore Brass with Cayin N6ii was end game, but I chose Khan over encore form Noble Audio
sony ier z1r with Cayin n6ii was like being in a big studio and so grand sounding
64audio tia trio well totally amazing

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #1,506 of 8,196
Really enjoying this dap, but I have two questions...

1. Is there a screen protector alternative that I can buy from Amazon that will require minimal cutting to fit the N6ii? The stock protector won't stick and it is driving me crazy.

2. One thing I miss from my Sony Dap is the ability to sort by "Hi-Rez" files, which I thought was a terrific way to q
uickly find my 24-bit and DSD files. I miss this feature. Is there a music app out there that allows this? Most only have buttons to sort by folder view, artist, album, song, composer, year, genre, etc, but sadly, not file type or hi-rez options. I really thought Neutron would allow this with their vast customization options, but don't think this is the case.

Thanks!

N6ii will change from temper glass screen protector to Hydrogel screen protector and we are going to send FREE Hydrogel screen protector to our oversee dealer late next week. N6ii users can contact their dealer after 20th August to confirm the availability

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #1,507 of 8,196
N6ii will change from temper glass screen protector to Hydrogel screen protector and we are going to send FREE Hydrogel screen protector to our oversee dealer late next week. N6ii users can contact their dealer after 20th August to confirm the availability

well I did not buy from my local dealer :wink:

well at least I bought it cheaper in hong kong than what my local dealer would charge :)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #1,508 of 8,196
I have the N6ii and Solaris-- great synergy. By far the best pairing with Solaris I've tried.

You are the N person to praise the Solaris/N6ii combo. Well, I am one of "N". The only draw back is my ears are slightly smaller then the US/European users, so the Solaris is a tiny big too big for me, other than that, it really swing with Pop and jazz.

The FW10000 is a fantastic DD earphone, I was tempted every time I audition it, with N8 in the earlier date, and then with N6ii. I hope more Headfiers can check out the N6ii/FW10000 combo.

Last edited:

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #1,509 of 8,196
You are the N person to praise the Solaris/N6ii combo. Well, I am one of "N". The only draw back is my ears are slightly smaller then the US/European users, so the Solaris is a tiny big too big for me, other than that, it really swing with Pop and jazz.

I have the Sony IER Z1R now and it's absolutely magical with the N6ii. It's close to Solaris but about 10% better in a few key ares.

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #1,510 of 8,196
Has anyone tried to root the Cayin N6ii? I was wondering if I can use ViPER4Android on N6ii after rooting the device.

Please be reminded that if you have rooted your N6ii, you need to restore the DAP to original condition (un-root the DAP) before you send it to your dealer for warranty or repair service.

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #1,511 of 8,196
Please be reminded that if you have rooted your N6ii, you need to restore the DAP to original condition (un-root the DAP) before you send it to your dealer for warranty or repair service.
Haven't rooted it but was just toying with the idea to open up new options but sounds like it is too risky for no specific gain.

Any case options available yet? I m not a big fan of the leather case. And also that hardened screen protector. Just a PITA!

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #1,513 of 8,196
Too early to talk about sound impressions yet since tonality changed already from out-of-the-box to 1+ hour later, but I do hear T01 soundstage to be wider. Here are a few eyecandy shots. Btw, nice screwdriver and 4 extra screws included.

cayin_n6ii_t01-02.jpg cayin_n6ii_t01-05.jpg cayin_n6ii_t01-06.jpg cayin_n6ii_t01-07.jpg

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #1,514 of 8,196
N6ii & Sundara 01.jpg

The N6ii with Super Slow Roll-off, driving Sundara in balanced, playing Amber Rubarth, is an experience I won't soon forget.

This setup is killer, but it's the DAP I want to talk about... briefly. I've only given it about an hour's listen in total, but right out of the box, no burn-in, I'm seriously impressed by the sound. I love the form-factor, and the UI is one of the very best I've seen.

Anyways... it's too early to go further. I just wanted to share my first impressions, which are... goosebumps!

Aug 5, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,515 of 8,196
Looking forward to getting mine in tomorrow! I’ll have to order the new module as soon as they announce the price and release date on the 8th...hopefully they can get a Nutube module working! That would be an insta buy for sure! As I really like the nutube on the N8(only briefly heard it) but tubes on the go would be ideal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back