Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 6, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #1,531 of 8,213
My advise just buy it, enjoy it and stop worrying.

Seconded. Cayin is a reputable company that has been around for a while. Any issues that come up will likely be connected with software and resolvable through FW updates. There's always some degree of risk ordering a product from another country-- but I think it's a safe bet in this case. I've had mine for 5 weeks now and couldn't be happier.

Aug 6, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #1,532 of 8,213
Seconded. Cayin is a reputable company that has been around for a while. Any issues that come up will likely be connected with software and resolvable through FW updates. There's always some degree of risk ordering a product from another country-- but I think it's a safe bet in this case. I've had mine for 5 weeks now and couldn't be happier.

Good to hear. I will have to think long and hard about this, I am surprised that there hasn't been an official comment on how repairs/support are handled here in the UK.

I can get a rather steep discount, which is the main reason I am even considering taking the risk. And I think it is a risk, having seen the "English" version of their website.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #1,534 of 8,213
Has anyone compared this unit against FiiO M11 (or even the upcoming M11 Pro)?

I have both (the M11 and the N6ii) - what was it you wanted to know?

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #1,536 of 8,213
Fantastic, this is a very promising impression, given the close relationship between Cayin and Meze, this is a wonderful report. The N5ii+99Classic was one of the best example of good synergy in our previous experience, and now we have the N6i+Rai Penta. I am sure we'll see this combination very often down the road.

Can you please clarify the statement on the close relationship and good synergy of Cayin and Meze products? The statement seems to give the impressions that Cayin and Meze worked closely during their products design and development where there is a good synergy as demonstrated for the retail products. Or are you just stating both manufacturers’ products are good match in general, which would then also apply to among and between many other brands as well. Or it is something else..

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #1,537 of 8,213
Can you please clarify the statement on the close relationship and good synergy of Cayin and Meze products? The statement seems to give the impressions that Cayin and Meze worked closely during their products design and development where there is a good synergy as demonstrated for the retail products. Or are you just stating both manufacturers’ products are good match in general, which would then also apply to among and between many other brands as well. Or it is something else..

Cayin and Meze had traded our products for show demonstration since 2015, We shared the same demo room in CanJam New York for a several years already. Cayin used 99Classic and Empyrean in many shows and events, and Meze has used Cayin DAP, i-Series desktop and HA-300 in their show demos as well.

We didn't promote the good synergy between Cayin and Meze, in fact we avoid subjective opinion or impression of our product, those were accumulated from user impression scattered around in my product discussion thread. For more detail, check out Cayin i5, N5ii, N8, and HA-300 threads for comments with Meze products, or 99Classic, Empyrean and Rai Penta thread for comment with Cayin products.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #1,539 of 8,213
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #1,542 of 8,213
That's not very helpful. A simple search this thread would have been better.
Was expecting your kindly advice. Turn things off , presto.

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #1,543 of 8,213
That's not very helpful. A simple search this thread would have been better.

I have searched the thread and followed everything stated...the app still runs in the background and drains the battery though.

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #1,545 of 8,213
I have searched the thread and followed everything stated...the app still runs in the background and drains the battery though.
So you read how to clear all running apps and it still running or you didnt read those posts about clearing ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back