Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #1,546 of 8,215
So you read how to clear all running apps and it still running or you didnt read those posts about clearing ?

No I had misunderstood and deactivated all permissions and notifications for Google Play and Play Services...reading it again I see I was supposed to activate them all (counter-intuitive)...well see what it looks like in the morning after I activate them all now.

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #1,547 of 8,215
No I had misunderstood and deactivated all permissions and notifications for Google Play and Play Services...reading it again I see I was supposed to activate them all (counter-intuitive)...well see what it looks like in the morning after I activate them all now.
Easy as

Aug 7, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #1,548 of 8,215
I'm primarily interested in SQ difference. And perhaps you could speak to how well they match with your IEM (I also own Atlas) and HP. Thanks.

Really brief comparison:

Fiio M11 is more "digital" sounding. It has a slightly more etched tonality, and errs more towards neutral than the more natural/warm sound of the N6ii with the A01 module.

Cayin gives a more natural feel to the sound, with slightly deeper weight/emphasis to the bass and a richer overall tone. Resolution is similar, but probably won by the N6ii - it just feels slightly "better" all round, but bear in mind that as with all DAPs over a certain price, you are definitely get much in the realm of finishing returns here.

Driving power is roughly similar. M11 is more versatile with the three jack ports (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm), although Cayin do include a high quality 4.4mm to 2.5mm adaptor in the package so you can use this to similar effect.

Build is similar - Cayin probably edges it here, but both are excellently designed and assembled. M11 is easier in the hand.

M11 feels quicker and slicker in day to day use, although the N6ii has the same chipset. Being honest, both handle like a mid-tier Android phone in terms of UI responsiveness, so both are in the top bracket of DAP usability. Cayin gets extra points for including of the Play store out of the box.

In summary, I find the N6ii too be the"better" of the two DAPs, as it has a beautiful weight to the sound and excellent natural resolution. The M11 sounds excellent for the price, but just didn't quite match the N6ii in terms of pure SQ with my higher end gear for me. M11 also has slightly more his than the N6ii, which is pretty silent on all my usual troublesome IEMs.

Hope that helps?

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,549 of 8,215
That's odd, allowing all the notifications and permissions certainly worked for me. Are you running the latest firmware, I stuck with the 1st version?

This seems to have worked...only lost 1% overnight...weird how turning everything on uses less battery.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,551 of 8,215
Really brief comparison:

Fiio M11 is more "digital" sounding. It has a slightly more etched tonality, and errs more towards neutral than the more natural/warm sound of the N6ii with the A01 module.

Cayin gives a more natural feel to the sound, with slightly deeper weight/emphasis to the bass and a richer overall tone. Resolution is similar, but probably won by the N6ii - it just feels slightly "better" all round, but bear in mind that as with all DAPs over a certain price, you are definitely get much in the realm of finishing returns here.

Driving power is roughly similar. M11 is more versatile with the three jack ports (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm), although Cayin do include a high quality 4.4mm to 2.5mm adaptor in the package so you can use this to similar effect.

Build is similar - Cayin probably edges it here, but both are excellently designed and assembled. M11 is easier in the hand.

M11 feels quicker and slicker in day to day use, although the N6ii has the same chipset. Being honest, both handle like a mid-tier Android phone in terms of UI responsiveness, so both are in the top bracket of DAP usability. Cayin gets extra points for including of the Play store out of the box.

In summary, I find the N6ii too be the"better" of the two DAPs, as it has a beautiful weight to the sound and excellent natural resolution. The M11 sounds excellent for the price, but just didn't quite match the N6ii in terms of pure SQ with my higher end gear for me. M11 also has slightly more his than the N6ii, which is pretty silent on all my usual troublesome IEMs.

Hope that helps?

I've heard essentially the same thing from everyone I've come across who has compared the two. Factoring in battery life I think the N6ii is the big winner among all the DAPs that have been released in the last few months.

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #1,552 of 8,215
I've heard essentially the same thing from everyone I've come across who has compared the two. Factoring in battery life I think the N6ii is the big winner among all the DAPs that have been released in the last few months.

The M11 is a great sounding DAP (and less than half the price), but if your are willing to spend the extra cash on a "flagship" level product, the N6ii is hard to ignore in the current marketplace.

For me, it's about tuning - I had the DX200/Amp8 and the Cayin N5iiS, and while the Ibasso was technically a little better, I found myself listening almost exclusively to the Cayin because I just preferred the sound. The N6ii takes that to the next level up, which is pretty much where I'm happy to stop for a while. Got the M11 as a daily beater for traveling and trips away, but I do most of my listening through the N6ii.

One area Fiio have really nailed (and I wish more manufacturers would follow suit) is in the inclusion of all three mainstream portable audio headphone jacks (2.5, 3.5, 4.4). No hassle changing cables or remembering to pick an adapter, just grab your DAP, grab a set of IEMs and off you go.

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,553 of 8,215
The M11 is a great sounding DAP (and less than half the price), but if your are willing to spend the extra cash on a "flagship" level product, the N6ii is hard to ignore in the current marketplace.

For me, it's about tuning - I had the DX200/Amp8 and the Cayin N5iiS, and while the Ibasso was technically a little better, I found myself listening almost exclusively to the Cayin because I just preferred the sound. The N6ii takes that to the next level up, which is pretty much where I'm happy to stop for a while. Got the M11 as a daily beater for traveling and trips away, but I do most of my listening through the N6ii.

One area Fiio have really nailed (and I wish more manufacturers would follow suit) is in the inclusion of all three mainstream portable audio headphone jacks (2.5, 3.5, 4.4). No hassle changing cables or remembering to pick an adapter, just grab your DAP, grab a set of IEMs and off you go.
I agree. I've had the exact same experience. I haven't tried the M11 though.

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #1,554 of 8,215

2.5 is history.

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #1,555 of 8,215

I have had a few Fiio players and picked up the Cayin because based on what I'd read it was more the sound I was looking for...I haven't been disappointed. Looking forward to what that new module coming out in a couple weeks will bring to the table.

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,556 of 8,215
2.5 is history.

Tell that to A&K! :wink:

The sooner the industry moves to one standard for mobile balanced connection, the better. 2.5 always felt ridiculously fragile to me for something that's supposed to spend half its life attached to a device that lives in your pocket...

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #1,559 of 8,215
I'll take longevity of one slower charge over multiple short-lived fast charges...

Unless you listen in your sleep or are just a contrarian, you should be agreeing with me. This is why dx220 is all over the sale threads.

Aug 7, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #1,560 of 8,215

Users who are viewing this thread

Back